Hello all, couldn't find a home for this one so here we go.
    This is not a show stopper just want to find a solution. So if I have the native music player rocking a song or if I use something from the Web and then try to record a video, the music stops. The main function is the kids are dancing like rock stars to a song that I am playing and want to capture their crazy moves. If someone else is around I can get them to play the song instead but Murphy's law has reared it's ugly head. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 10:13 AM
    Yeah. You can't do both on your device at the same time. If you want to record the LIVE music in the room as the kids are dancing, then turn up the sound in the room. Otherwise, you will have to put the video together with a soundtrack later...like storymaker I would think.
    02-08-14 10:34 AM
    I remember that this is possible on my PlayBook when I recorded a video while playing a youtube song in the web browser . The way I see it, PlayBook OS allows all apps to run in real time when minimized. OS10 on the other hand, requires the app to be specifically written to support running in real time. Maybe OP can try playing the song using 3rd party music player that supports running in real time.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 11:56 AM
    I remember that this is possible on my PlayBook when I recorded a video while playing a youtube song in the web browser . The way I see it, PlayBook OS allows all apps to run in real time when minimized. OS10 on the other hand, requires the app to be specifically written to support running in real time. Maybe OP can try playing the song using 3rd party music player that supports running in real time.

Posted via CB10
    This is the biggest feature I miss from my PlayBook, it was really so nice to entertain the party while recording the goings on.

Could BlackBerry Please bring this back!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 03:01 PM
    This is the biggest feature I miss from my PlayBook, it was really so nice to entertain the party while recording the goings on.

Could BlackBerry Please bring this back!!!

Posted via CB10
    Agreed. And when you play it back, it sounds like proper background music in the video.

Posted via CB10
    02-08-14 08:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    I had tried with YouTube on the Web and I just tried Slacker Radio but still no dice.
    Thanks for the suggestion. not sure how popular this feature is but we can hope it comes in 10.3.

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 10:31 AM