Loaded. 1767 on my stl-3

BBM works fine, however when I try and send a SMS and click on the text input box, the keyboard pops up over the box and I can't see what im typing.

Then if I hide the keyboard the send option is greyed out. The send on the keyboard does nothing. And if I open the side menu send is also greyed out.

I have tried multiple reboots. Going to try a security wipe but figured I'd toss this to the masses first.

Any suggestions?

Posted on a Post-It!
    10-01-13 08:41 PM
    Shoot. I hope I'm not suffering from this. I just literally sat down in front of the hockey game after loading this leak hoping to have gotten rid of that texting issue.

I didn't find that it happened every time, but it happened often enough to annoy the heck out of me. Oddly - only with one contact.

I suggest reloading the leak or a previous OS. I never found anything that fixed it except doing hard resets. I tried unlinking all my contacts and setting it so I only had local contacts - no fb or twitter or LinkedIn. Nothing seemed to help.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:03 PM
    I used to encounter this problem when I install a leak and use BBLink to restore. Since 3 leaks ago, I used sachesi to backup and restore my data and haven't had the problem

Posted via CB10
    10-01-13 09:13 PM
    Hi Joslts, my Z10 on10.2.0.1743 same of missing text problem. After restart ,currently is working well.
    10-02-13 01:13 AM
    Loaded. 1767 on my stl-3

BBM works fine, however when I try and send a SMS and click on the text input box, the keyboard pops up over the box and I can't see what im typing.

Then if I hide the keyboard the send option is greyed out. The send on the keyboard does nothing. And if I open the side menu send is also greyed out.

I have tried multiple reboots. Going to try a security wipe but figured I'd toss this to the masses first.

Any suggestions?

Posted on a Post-It!
    i dont have this issue in my z10 with 1767, maybe because you do restore.
    10-02-13 02:00 AM
    I do restore from Link because I need to have my password keeper data.

I was having this same problem in a previous leak - and thought it might have carried over as it did it again shortly after loading this leak. But I've done a couple of hard resets and today all seems fine.

If it does it again I'm going to have to find something to transfer my password data to so I can reload the OS and not have to restore from backup.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-13 06:15 PM
    Yea restoring is the issue. Backup with Link just in case but whenever loading a leak its not going to be smooth if you restore. My advice is to try to manually pack up files and data (for example write your passwords out in a word document and move it to your sd card and when your phone is back up just re enter the passwords)
    10-02-13 10:35 PM
    Yep. Looks like it's going to be a bit of a chore but I'm going to have to manually transfer all my passwords and then reload this OS.

Ah well. It will be a worth while price to pay if it makes this leak run smooth.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 12:02 PM
    Forgot to add this to the thread but a reload of the os without a restore fixed the problem.

Posted on a Post-It!
    10-11-13 05:20 PM
    Yep. Same here.

Posted via CB10
    10-12-13 08:50 AM