Question: Ever since I installed a 10.2 leak (I'm on my second one, currently 10.2.0.1725) the "other data" portion of my media card has taken up a great deal of space - currently 6.8 GB. I checked my media card, and was unable to see what was doing so. Has anyone else seen this occur, and if so, any idea what's taking up all of the extra space?

(Apologies if this question has been asked/answered. I did a search but did not find anything specific enough).

Thanks!
    09-24-13 09:46 AM
    My understanding from previous posts was other data was from Android data. Do you have android apps side loaded or possibly android ports from blackberry world. Also may be game data

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 09:53 AM
    We have two threads on what Other Data is, but they focus on internal memory.

For the SD card, Other Data is all app's data + everything the OS can't identify.

If you have, for example, a EXE file in there, it will list as Other Data (BB10 has no idea what a EXE file is). Apps that save settings and files to the SD (provided they are not media of some sort) will also count towards other data. I for one have the Podcasts app set to save the episodes of 6 casts to the SD. The files are "formatless" (podcastepisone08798786hjdbsdjksb90ss) and all count toward other data too.

Now... 6.8GB?

Plug that to a PC pronto. Browse the folders and see what the heck is going on!
    djlaz18 likes this.
    09-24-13 09:54 AM
    Question: Ever since I installed a 10.2 leak (I'm on my second one, currently 10.2.0.1725) the "other data" portion of my media card has taken up a great deal of space - currently 6.8 GB. I checked my media card, and was unable to see what was doing so. Has anyone else seen this occur, and if so, any idea what's taking up all of the extra space?

(Apologies if this question has been asked/answered. I did a search but did not find anything specific enough).

Thanks!
    I recently deleted my photos and other stuff on my passport connected to my macbook, and yes I faced the same problem. The other data still occupying my sdcard memory. But I then reconnected my passport to my macbook again and then emptied all my trash in my macbook, suddenly the other data in m blackberry passport was gone.

I think it depends on how we securely delete something from our blackberry. I don't know more than this though.
    Cheers...
    04-28-16 05:46 AM