*EDIT* - sorry, title should read ...1443...

Flashed the new 10.2 leak onto my UK STL100-2 yesterday, using the autoloader. All appeared to be going OK, until I tried to access the SD card, which had until then been working fine on my carried FOTA 10.1. After the 10.2 install, file manager reports 'You don't have permission to access this folder' if I try to open any of the root folders that OS10 created when formatting, and when I view the properties for the folders (photos etc), they are read-only.

Physically removing and reinserting the SD card returns the folder permissions to read/write, as does formatting the SD card again, but in both cases the folder permissions go back to read-only after a restart of the phone.

I have formatted the SD card (using file manager), wiped the SD card (using file manager),security-wiped with the card in, but the problem comes back each time. Could this all be caused by me running the autoloader without the SD card in? I am going to re-flash the OS with the card in to see if this fixes it...
    08-31-13 04:34 PM
    Any active sync emails or on BES?
    Niallac likes this.
    08-31-13 04:39 PM
    Any active sync emails or on BES?
    That was quick - thanks....

Definitely no BES, what counts as 'active-sync' email? I have added my Gmail account, which uses IMAP and SMTP. It was a PITA to set up.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    08-31-13 04:43 PM
    That's a BES permissions issue. The card would not be accessible if there's a BES attached.
    08-31-13 04:43 PM
    That's a BES permissions issue. The card would not be accessible if there's a BES attached.
    Hmm, so given that this is the same card that worked OK in 10.1 (I've just re-read the autoloader instructions, which say to remove the card before running), is this a bug in 1443?
    08-31-13 04:47 PM
    Hmm, so given that this is the same card that worked OK in 10.1 (I've just re-read the autoloader instructions, which say to remove the card before running), is this a bug in 1443?
    Sounds more like the card was encrypted before making the switch...
    From the 1443 OP:
    You will lose all data on your device, and if your memory card is encrypted, you will lose all data on your memory card! Please make sure to backup all information and decrypt your memory cards before going any further!
    08-31-13 04:48 PM
    Sounds more like the card was encrypted before making the switch...
    I didn't deliberately encrypt the card, but as I known zip about BBRY OS (first ever non-android smartphone...) it's possible I have enabled or activated some process which did that for me. Wouldn't security-wiping and then reformatting via File Manager 'undo' the encryption?
    08-31-13 04:52 PM
    I didn't deliberately encrypt the card, but as I known zip about BBRY OS (first ever non-android smartphone...) it's possible I have enabled or activated some process which did that for me. Wouldn't security-wiping and then reformatting via File Manager 'undo' the encryption?
    If it is the encryption issue you will have to format the media card in settings. You'll lose all data on the card, but afterwards you'll be able to access it again.
    08-31-13 04:56 PM
    You can't undo the encryption that's set. Otherwise, it wouldn't be secure.

Hopefully you had it backed up on your PC. Reformat the SD through settings->storage on the phone, then place the files in their respective folders again. Should work.
    08-31-13 05:00 PM
    @BBW
    You can't undo the encryption that's set. Otherwise, it wouldn't be secure.
    I appreciate that.

@VBB
    If it is the encryption issue you will have to format the media card in settings. You'll lose all data on the card, but afterwards you'll be able to access it again.
    Sorry, my bad, my BBRY-speak is still rubbish. I earlier said I used File Manager to format the card, clearly that's not possible, I did it in settings, and there is no change in the problem. A destructive solution (in terms of data on the card) is not a problem - I have everything backed up.

The problem is that every time I restart the phone, the root folders on the memory card go to read-only. The only way to fix it is to either:
    a) Physically remove and reinsert the card; or
    b) Re-format it in 'Settings'.
    I don't see either as a practical workaround.

It's definitely something to do with the card though - I just switched it for an old, 4GB one I have, and it survives a restart with no issues. I'm going to totally nail the problem card - MBR and partitions, then see how it goes... Stay tuned...
    08-31-13 05:22 PM
    Hmmm... No good. Have deleted the existing partitions on my SD card and created a new one, and rebuilt the MBR. I still have the problem as described above, i.e. when I reboot, the media card becomes read-only. Also, when I erase it in settings, it disappears until I either restart the phone, or remove & reinsert it. Then I can reformat in settings, but it doesn't solve the problem (still read-only after a restart).

Any ideas?
    08-31-13 06:13 PM
    Sorry - bump
    08-31-13 06:25 PM
    No need for a bump bud.

SD A has issues. SD B no issues. Therefore SD A needs circularly filed.
    Niallac likes this.
    08-31-13 06:28 PM
    No need for a bump bud.

SD A has issues. SD B no issues. Therefore SD A needs circularly filed.
    Sorry... You are right - work PDA shows SD fault - throw PDA at wall, bin SD card. Z10 shows SD fault, spend 3 hrs scratching head, look confused...

Surface test on SD card looks good - important lesson re empirical observation

Will order a new card, watch this space for results.
    08-31-13 06:37 PM