Hello All,
    I had terrible battery performance on my Z10; On full standby with all radio off and on sleep most of the time, my Z10 lasted only about 12 hrs.

But now my problem is solved:

What i did in Short: Remove some of apk files that dont work: especially BBM and chrome; contacts backup.

Screen shot: see the high cpu through Saturday and the low usage after that from Sun.

Luckily solved my battery issue on 1925-img_20140120_190103.png

This is what i did:
    Reflashing 1926 radio; didnt help. Battery out for 30 mins-didnt help..more like placebo effect-sys date etc reset to history;

Then noticed that I had installed the android version of BBM apk file. (didnt work, but still installed)
    on connecting to wifi, got alert that bbm connected; on disconnect wifi, bbm disconnected)

My "system" always showed high cpu usage.
    I just uninstalled BBM apk and a couple of other android apk files that didnt work (contacts backup)

Now, my battery is going strong at 70%..3rd day on standby.
    I still have other apks installed: moonreader, firefox etc., all working.

Now dont see the bbm connected/disconnected alert in the hub. So the drain was probably due to the bbm apk clashing with native bbm.

Am yet to test this with my sim on and normal condition. So please take with a pinch of salt.
    01-20-14 09:33 PM
    You can monitor, and kill, Android apps running in the background using TaskManager (it's free).

TaskManager - BlackBerry World

BBM is a battery killer on Android - I uninstalled it from my wife's Nexus 4 since it was dominating the kernel wakelock count (and thus battery consumption). Next to BBM, it almost seems like Whatsapp uses almost no battery in comparison.
    01-20-14 09:54 PM
    Mac, just curious why you installed a bbm apk on your Z10? I'm confused.

Trusted Member Genius
    01-21-14 02:48 AM
    to cut a long story short: had 2 bbmids.. public one was used in the droid, z10 not shared at all(only for store). So wanted to use both on the z10.

But now just to test, tried to install the bbm apk again. confirmed it eats my cpu cycles.
    Taskmanager also doesnt kill it.
    uninstall is the only option. It doesnt work anyways.
    01-21-14 07:01 AM
    BBM is a battery killer on Android - I uninstalled it from my wife's Nexus 4 since it was dominating the kernel wakelock count (and thus battery consumption). Next to BBM, it almost seems like Whatsapp uses almost no battery in comparison.
    Disagree , BBM battery drain and resource's consumption is negligible on my Xperia Z1, absolutely the same like whatsapp
    01-21-14 07:02 PM
    Disagree , BBM battery drain and resource's consumption is negligible on my Xperia Z1, absolutely the same like whatsapp
    I concur, my son's Xperia M runs well with BBM, very little power consumption...my guess is that macexplorer's BBM settings were forcing the high power requirement.

Posted via CB10 with my Super Snappy Z10 (STL100-3) 10.2.1.1925 on AT&T
    01-21-14 07:30 PM
    Wakelock Detector counted over 1500 kernel wakelocks / day for BBM versus a few dozen for Whatsapp on our Nexus 4. This was after a week of using it, so not a 'first few hours' phenomenon.

Others experience the same thing: http://forums.crackberry.com/bbm-and...-drain-863496/

Is your Xperia Z1 rooted? How do you know BBM and Whatsapp use the same amount of battery?
    Last edited by Rudy Kruger; 01-21-14 at 07:42 PM.
    01-21-14 07:30 PM
    You can monitor, and kill, Android apps running in the background using TaskManager (it's free).

TaskManager - BlackBerry World
    Just an FYI if you're running 1925 leak(and possibly earlier) you can kill/close apps from the built-in Device Monitor. Go to the Memory tab, tap the app you want to close, then, on the next screen tap the Close icon at the bottom.

The Delete icon let's you remove the application and all associated files and info.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:50 PM
    ^
    That's true. Unfortunately the built-in Device Monitor doesn't tell you if an Android app is continuing to run in the background as far as I can tell. At least, it doesn't do it at a glance.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
    01-21-14 08:13 PM
    I don't have any APK file on my Z10. Just the Default Apps once you do a Wipe. Yet, my Display is eating the 37% of my battery. Running of 1925 leak with 1926 radio.
    01-21-14 08:16 PM
    ^
    That's true. Unfortunately the built-in Device Monitor doesn't tell you if an Android app is continuing to run in the background as far as I can tell. At least, it doesn't do it at a glance.

Sent from my Barnes & Noble Nook Tablet using Tapatalk
    I don't have any apks that run in the background but any that are visible (even just as an active frame, like Google goggles) do appear in the Device Monitor list

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 09:57 PM
    I don't have any apks that run in the background but any that are visible (even just as an active frame, like Google goggles) do appear in the Device Monitor list

Posted via CB10
    Try installing Taskmanager from BBW (it is free) and you'll be surprised what it shows is running versus Device Monitor.

I suspect the apk's that run in the background are all lumped under "System" in Device Manager.
    01-21-14 10:11 PM
    Try installing Taskmanager from BBW (it is free) and you'll be surprised what it shows is running versus Device Monitor.

I suspect the apk's that run in the background are all lumped under "System" in Device Manager.
    Thats what ive been saying.

Z30, Q10, Z10, iP5, SGS3
    01-22-14 10:09 PM
    01-22-14 10:12 PM