03-29-14 08:24 PM
51 123
tools
    It's did not pioneer the flat look. Bb10 is not iOs nor is it like ios. It does not want to be it now ever will be. Flat does not mean ios. Flat means 2011 to now. Flat is GOOD. Flat is SEXY.
    Flat is overrated.... imagine if our PCs had flat icons everywhere...

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    pystha and scrapmetal58 like this.
    03-26-14 10:28 PM
    Aah.. so u are making fun of me :-)?

I like bb10 because it has an unique look, and yes I make choices based on several things including UI and so far bb has been the best choice for me since 3 years. I am just saying.. bb should keep that uniqueness and not copy other OS looks. Yes it is a complaint, but a constructive one.. we all want the best for bb right?

Posted via CB10
    A little
    I understand what you mean -- the UI is a huge part of the user experience, and it can make or break that experience. But, I don't think it defines the OS, and I think that BB10 functions very differently than iOS on a much deeper level than appearance or aesthetics.
    I too don't very much like the iOS UI, but changing to a flat UI doesn't ruin the experience of BB10 for me, and I think that its other functions are much more important and that it is those things, rather than its UI, that set it apart from other operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:44 PM
    I forget but wasn't it said that this build is not what the current 10.3 builds look like? They probably look quite a bit different, and I don't mean more complete.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 10:55 PM
    I need 10.3 real quick and those lock screen features. Btw.. I like the new look. Quit your nerdy moaning folks cos no one cares. Just saying.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    03-26-14 10:56 PM
    It's did not pioneer the flat look. Bb10 is not iOs nor is it like ios. It does not want to be it now ever will be. Flat does not mean ios. Flat means 2011 to now. Flat is GOOD. Flat is SEXY.
    Flat is retro 1995, as in Windows 95.
    03-26-14 11:03 PM
    A little
    I understand what you mean -- the UI is a huge part of the user experience, and it can make or break that experience. But, I don't think it defines the OS, and I think that BB10 functions very differently than iOS on a much deeper level than appearance or aesthetics.
    I too don't very much like the iOS UI, but changing to a flat UI doesn't ruin the experience of BB10 for me, and I think that its other functions are much more important and that it is those things, rather than its UI, that set it apart from other operating systems.

Posted via CB10
    It's true, it doesn't define the OS, and function/option wise there is a huge differents between iOS and bb10. Don't get me wrong, I like flat designs, but there is a variety in flat designs to choose from. Unfortunately this particular chosen design of the settings looks too much like iOS7. Although it doesn't necessarily mean that it ruins the experience of bb10 for some, it does however still give me that feeling that it's like i'm holding an iphone..

If they want to go flat, I am encouraging that, but it should be bb10 flatness and not iOS7.. :-).

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:04 AM
    Where did you look it up?

Posted via CB10
    try www.sarcasm.com
    FCSC likes this.
    03-27-14 04:05 AM
    Don't look at iOS... look at BlackBerry...
    These are two completely different OSes and yes... even if they slightly resemble.. that's fine!
    Apple has taken many things from BlackBerry.... its time for them to see their designs get replicated

Posted via CB10
    neo158 likes this.
    03-27-14 10:50 AM
    The 'look' and 'feel' of iOS you don't get exclusively from iOS. Any designer can wind up with a visually similar look and feel because it's nice for the eye

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 02:08 PM
    I do T like the white bar on bottom. It should be black. BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-27-14 02:30 PM
    Complaining about a leaked OS lol....yup, cant please people these days. One screen that borrows looks from IOS and people are upset. I think both look clean but I'd still say IOS looks cleaner. Even if it turned out like that pic, I'd be perfectly fine with it
    03-27-14 04:11 PM
    Complaining about a leaked OS lol....yup, cant please people these days. One screen that borrows looks from IOS and people are upset. I think both look clean but I'd still say IOS looks cleaner. Even if it turned out like that pic, I'd be perfectly fine with it
    Even then current UI is pretty good. I don't know why people have a problem with it. The grey boxes can easily be fixed but then after that it's functionality improvements not UI that needs help.

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by Dave Bourque; 03-27-14 at 09:25 PM.
    scrapmetal58, Rello and meltbox360 like this.
    03-27-14 04:14 PM
    btw, 10.3 wasn't even the first one that brought the iOS-style circle switches to BB10... it's been similar ever since 10.2 or older when they changed a lot of the settings look...

they just removed the "on/off" text in 10.3, that's it really...

in the end, it's not a big deal to me cuz it doesn't affect the experience of the rest of the OS much.. as long as they have more options and functionality than iOS, i could care less (not none!) what it resembles as long as it works and appeals to me... cuz I don't use those OS'es, i use BB, so a lot of stuff could resemble it that I don't even know about, and it hasn't killed me yet!
    03-27-14 04:57 PM
    Once the leaks are stopped you will have nothing to complain about. Edit: one less thing to complain about.
    03-27-14 07:05 PM
    So, people that don't like it should not provide feedback (yes, we all know leaks "aren't meant for everyone") so BlackBerry will think everyone likes it? That is ridiculous. Even if they were just testing and the current beta looks different, what's to say they wouldn't change it back if they thought everyone loved it (which is not true).

The joy of freedom of speech.

It's bad enough that some people mistake the Z10 for an iPhone, now imagine how many would make that misidentification if BlackBerry 10 stayed as it is in this leak. BlackBerry needs to be noticed.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 09:21 PM
    ....people are really bored these days....come on CB find something fun for these people to do...lol...(sunlight fresh air..hint hint)
    03-27-14 09:30 PM
    I find the OPs observation a little ridiculous. You can clearly see iOS using green when 10.3 uses red, if anything they are the opposite.
    NinjaB likes this.
    03-27-14 09:48 PM
    I find the OPs observation a little ridiculous. You can clearly see iOS using green when 10.3 uses red, if anything they are the opposite.
    So using red justifies it and makes it not looking like iOS7?
    My observation is an honest observation that design wise the settings look like each other. Nothing ridiculous about that.

Posted via CB10
    03-28-14 01:11 PM
    So using red justifies it and makes it not looking like iOS7?
    My observation is an honest observation that design wise the settings look like each other. Nothing ridiculous about that.

Posted via CB10
    The settings have different names for the functions too
    NinjaB likes this.
    03-28-14 06:35 PM
    Who said squircle?

Posted by a leaky CB10.1
    03-28-14 06:43 PM
    People find really crappy reasons to complain nowadays...

Star Wars fan? Come join us C00121E8E
    wtrmlnjuc and mk2234 like this.
    03-28-14 06:44 PM
    People find really crappy reasons to complain nowadays...
    Yepp.. we are really annoying.. but remember one thing. This bb10 OS is build with all the complaints people have in the minds of blackberry.

Posted via CB10
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    03-29-14 05:58 AM
    iOS is doing a better job of using the screen real estate than BlackBerry 10.* The bottom bar on BB10 is way too big for what it is used for. Do we really need to take up between 5-10% of the screen for a back button? Even when there are more buttons on the bottom bar, the bar could be half the size and look sooooo much better!

And while we are at it, let's get rid of the little shadow just above the bar. The fact that everything scrolls behind the bar shows us that the bar is on top of the main layer on the screen, we don't need the shadow as well. It's extra eye candy that ends up making the OS look very 2005-2008. Flat has been the modern look for a while now. iOS 7 was actually pretty late to the flat design game if you look outside of the mobile OS world. Many HTML5 design elements lean towards the flat UI and have been hugely popular on websites for at least 2-3 years. Apple again somehow followed the trend and marketed it like they created the trend.

Posted via my Z10
    03-29-14 08:26 AM
    I don't know what u guys think.. but I really think the settings look like iOS 7.. don't want iOS on my bb..

Attachment 258470

Attachment 258471

What do u guys think?

Posted via CB10
    I will not loose my sleep on it.. I do not know if you listened to the latest CrackBerry podcast but Kevin, Bla1ze, and Adam repeated MANY times that this will not be the aspect of the10.3 interface. The leak is an old one and probably that style has been already scratched at this point.

The CrackBerry crew was pretty convinced about that. My feeling is that they know something or they have seen the real draft for 10.3 already but they cannot disclose much..

Let's see.. Personally I hope, now that the foundations have been established with a great OS, in a more radical UI style change. Something that is visually stunning and favor the "flow and swipe" paradigm.

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 06:40 PM
    Doesn't really matter even if they bring on similar designs to iOS...
    The Apple phone users will feel right at home while using the OS... and they might be tempted to make the switch to BlackBerry...

Just need to keep away from the legal hassles involving some design related infringements... hence be alert and copy wisely... even if you want to... We don't want to give any more cash to lawyers or to apple!

Posted via CB10
    03-29-14 08:18 PM
51 123