Hi,

I have updated to the last os 10.3.2.798 on my Q10 and each time i open my screen, location turn on for about 2 or 3 second. ?? Can someone tell me why and is there a way to stop that??

Posted via CB10
    06-05-15 09:42 PM
    I had the same issue while I was on 10.3.1 official version... I guess you can try to disable location services. I noticed that even know you let them turned on after a while the issue goes away.

It's funny because I find more and more problems that I am experiencing on other users too. Makes me feel better for not being paranoid.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 02:39 AM
    It's probably an android app that's showing that behaviour.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:38 AM
    You can install a taskmanager app to kill the adroid apps that are running.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 08:39 AM
    Here the issue is worst, gps never go off automatically, is on since system start.

Without any native or Android apps open. Hard reset didn't fix.

Well let see if I can find a fix for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:01 AM
    I think problem come from the Android Player and there is no solution... god damn it.

Posted via CB10
    06-06-15 09:12 AM
    This may be also possible due to the weather forecast app update... It does kind of update automatically or at least try to be..

Posted via My Q10SQN100-3/10.3.2.798
    JstAntherAnimal likes this.
    06-06-15 09:29 AM
    Hi Jeroen Vos
    Any good task manager app you which is working on BB Z30 ?

At all
    Different question:
    Is there an app which makes sure that GPS is still active even the display turn off? I have some apps which need GPS location but every time I press the power buitton to lock my screen the GPS turns off and the app loses the location.
    06-24-15 03:41 PM
    Hi Jeroen Vos

At all
    Different question:
    Is there an app which makes sure that GPS is still active even the display turn off? I have some apps which need GPS location but every time I press the power buitton to lock my screen the GPS turns off and the app loses the location.
    The regular BlackBerry maps works with display off.
    Android apps don't as far as I've tested.
    06-24-15 04:18 PM
    Well the issue for me is gone, just go to. Settings, App manager, battery usage, and manually close android apps on going, reboot and the issue should be gone, worked for me.

Try it out and let me know your findings.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 05:15 PM
    Hi Jeroen Vos

At all
    Different question:
    I've got an app called "task manager" from BlackBerry World but it does not seem to be available anymore. So I don't know actually. Maybe someone else has an suggestion?

Posted via CB10
    06-24-15 11:24 PM
    I've got an app called "task manager" from BlackBerry World but it does not seem to be available anymore. So I don't know actually. Maybe someone else has an suggestion? Posted via CB10
    Try 'Task Killer' to kill android runtime apps
    06-25-15 03:12 AM
    Hi,

thank you all for your feedback. Unfortunately I run into other GPS issues on my Z30 when running different Android apps (Streetspotr, Appjobber, Recources Games) that I receive messages from apps (Appjobber) that my GPS location may be wrong but when looking on the map it shows exactly the correct location. Similar issues with Streetspotr and Rcources Game. They sometimes need very very long to locate my position or if they did my position does not change when I walk or only if I closed and opend the app 10 times one after another until I got "luck".

So I am pretty sure it is not a GPS problem at all because if I open other apps like Google Maps it locates me within seconds.
    Do you have similar problems when running android apps or when running android games and if you have what did you to solve it?
    Could it have something to do with "static navigation" on the GPS device which only changes position if you walk faster than 5km/h or something like that? On Android I used an app called "GPS status" which always started in the background when using GPS and downloaded the A-GPS data to get better and faster GPS fix but it does not help me on my Blackberry. Any blackberry Apps which download the A-GPS data or is blackberry doing this itself? Something to verify?

Thanks again for your suggestions!
    07-06-15 03:31 AM