Since the 1767 was reported to be the gold release, I thought I would take the plunge and load a leaked OS.

The installation process worked flawlessly, and I restored from backup without any issues apart from it taking a while.

Now, I can't send or receive text messages. The history is also partially gone. I can see the sender in the list in the hub and in the text message area of the hub but the histories are all blank.

So, there are a lot of posts on here about problems with text messages following updates. Having read most if not all of these, I have so far tried the following;

• Hard resets by holding the volume up and down buttons several times.
    • Rebooting the hub with the several swipes from the top right of the screen.,
    • Rebooting, waiting for the hub to come up come up and then composing a new text message swiping away, swiping back, cancelling. This one is on a few different threads in a couple of variations. I've tried every combination several times.
    • Deleting ALL previous text messages via both the trash button and the End Chat button.
    • Purchasing the SMS backup and restore tool and then backing up and restoring the text messages. Interestingly, I can see all of the messages in the XML backup files that the tool creates.
    • Wait 24 hours+ for it to settle down. Well, I have left it that long and it is still no better.

There are a couple of other weird things with the text messages. The little pictures that the BB puts in the corner of the message are often for different people than the message is from.

The only thing I can think of to try is to do a reset from BB Link and go back to the old OS and do a restore from there.

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for any helpful suggestions.
    10-03-13 05:05 AM
    Don't restore from backup after installing the OS.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-13 06:54 AM
    Don't restore from backup after installing the OS.
    So just lose everything? That sounds a bit severe! I know I can re-install all the apps, and I suppose I can probably live without the text and mms message history.

So from here, I would need to do a security wipe and then just re-sync and re-install? Another couple of hours of fun then!
    10-03-13 07:33 AM
    There are a couple of apps that I use faithfully (as I pretty much load every leak that come out...) - Contact-X and SMS Backup are those apps. Change the storage location of the files to your media card. A new leak come out, you load it, go to App World and reinstall those two programs, restore your contacts, then restore your text messages.

Reload your apps from App World and everything is all good!
    10-03-13 07:41 AM