04-29-14 03:49 AM
296 12345 ...
tools
    Netflix not playing videos. trying a few reboots.. then back to beta if that does not work. instagram gets stuck on processing when trying to post videos.
    Netflix videos working for me, Q10 here.
    Jake2826 and jjfad like this.
    11-14-13 12:08 AM
    Anyone get SnapChat working? I got it installed, but keep getting the popup about needing google services.

Thanks!
    The latest APK version of SnapChat works on my q10. Just tap outside of the google services popup box to get around it and the rest of the app works fine...even video!
    savelandia153 and Jake2826 like this.
    11-14-13 12:51 AM
    Netflix videos working for me, Q10 here.
    What version are you running?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 12:57 AM
    What version are you running?

Posted via CB10
    10.2.1.1055 and I downloaded the .apk from the current one in the Google Play Store

I did notice what you're seeing on a previous OS when I converted the .apk to a .bar file so I was skeptical but when I installed straight from the .apk file thanks to the new way from this release it's worked like a charm.
    11-14-13 01:21 AM
    Winamp, n7player, Poweramp and VLC Beta have issues with seeing my SD card.
    jjfad likes this.
    11-14-13 01:25 AM
    Vine record doesn't work
    Expedia doesn't work, needs google play

Obviously Google Play and related don't work
    jjfad likes this.
    11-14-13 01:39 AM
    anyone that runs into the "stalled" issues when installing all you have to do is open another android app and keep it in the active frames and then try again and it will work
    11-14-13 01:41 AM
    Can someone please explain me what does unlocked Runtime mean when it requires GFS and GPS? Why are these frameworks restricted when most of the apps are using it? Does it require special permission from Google? Thanks.
    11-14-13 02:39 AM
    Can someone please explain me what does unlocked Runtime mean when it requires GFS and GPS? Why are these frameworks restricted when most of the apps are using it? Does it require special permission from Google? Thanks.
    I would like to know this as well.. apparently it's the reason snapchat doesn't work that well..

I want a fully functional snapchat!!

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 03:12 AM
    Is Viber calling working ???

no audio

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 04:53 AM
    Great idea - find that these type of threads work best if the first post contains the updates from everyone contribution :-)
    meltbox360 likes this.
    11-14-13 05:01 AM
    Google Apps Not working....
    Specifically tried with Google+ & Hangout...
    jjfad likes this.
    11-14-13 05:25 AM
    Snapchat worked for me since 10.2

Posted via CB10
    any luck with push notifications snapchat? or still no notifications when sent a pic?
    11-14-13 06:18 AM
    can someone try line video calling and tell me if it works.. also google drive and snapchat push notifications.

i knew there would be apps that didnt work. this is simply a way of getting android apps without sideloading. back to square one.
    11-14-13 06:19 AM
    BlackBerry already said when 10.2.1 finally comes out their will be a lot more android API's supported in our emulator maybe some apps don't work as of now but when the final release comes i can guarantee almost any android app will work fine on our phones!

Posted via CB10 on my ? BlackBerry Q10
    sickyute and Bdot-1 like this.
    11-14-13 08:14 AM
    can someone try line video calling and tell me if it works.. also google drive and snapchat push notifications.

i knew there would be apps that didnt work. this is simply a way of getting android apps without sideloading. back to square one.
    Yeah... I had suspected as much. Bummer.
    11-14-13 08:30 AM
    Not working:
    Hay Day
    Candy Crush
    MagicJack
    jjfad likes this.
    11-14-13 08:44 AM
    Can someone with a BT heart rate monitor please try any of the free running apps? Runtastic, Endomondo, Nike etc. Curious if A) app works and B) if it can locate a paired HRM.
    11-14-13 08:47 AM
    Could someone do me a huge favor. I don't ask for much here but if this works it will seal the deal for me to get a z10 or z30. I need someone to try download and install PokerStars Mobile App. I have a Q10 and can't run it as the Q10 screen is way to small needs higher reso screen. So if anyone out there could spare few minutes trying I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:03 AM
    Could someone do me a huge favor. I don't ask for much here but if this works it will seal the deal for me to get a z10 or z30. I need someone to try download and install PokerStars Mobile App. I have a Q10 and can't run it as the Q10 screen is way to small needs higher reso screen. So if anyone out there could spare few minutes trying I'd really appreciate it. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Loads but seems to hang when started, screen says preparing for 1st time use, but then hangs on the PokerStars screen with the busy circle just spinning round and round.
    11-14-13 09:30 AM
    Dam thanks for trying mate. I wonder if it will ever work :/

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 09:41 AM
    Not working:
    Hay Day
    Candy Crush
    MagicJack
    Candy Crush works well for me... too well, in fact. Got a lot more done when it was only on my tablet.

Apps I've tried that failed:
    PokerStars (splash screen loads, but it never installs from there)
    Doodle Jump (again, main screen loads then immediately crashes)
    Starbucks
    Mantano Reader
    OfficeSuite 7 (it loads and you can open documents, but it can't link to any cloud services)
    Plants vs Zombies (1 and 2)
    Sims update (although it's an update .apk, so not sure it could possibly work)

That's all I've got for now.
    m69c44 and jjfad like this.
    11-14-13 02:31 PM
    I can't get these to work, either by installing APK directly, or by trying to convert to BAR with debug token:

BeyondPod unlock (won't convert to BAR, won't install APK)
    MX Player Pro (APK installs, but won't start because it can't find Pro payment authorization)
    JuiceSSH (APK installs, but won't let me connect to AWS for syncing)
    Ingress (APK installs, but no Google Play Services means it won't work)
    Google Maps 7.4 (APK installs, but won't start up. 7.2 works though)

None of the other Google apps that I have tested that use Google Play Services will work, because they need to be connected to the account.
    11-14-13 06:54 PM
    Candy Crush is not working here. At least not the version from the Amazon app store. It seems to just hang on the splash screen, only got to the title screen once.

Posted via CB10
    11-14-13 10:34 PM
    Not really relevant for this thread. But I assume anything installed from outside BlackBerry World is sideloaded, whether it beeing a .bar or .apk.

I wonder if pushing a .bar file from BES10 to the work partition is called sideloading then? ;-)
    (don't reply - just me thinking loud)
    So far as I'm aware, as of now we can't push converted APKs on BES10 just yet.
    11-14-13 11:47 PM
296 12345 ...