04-29-14 03:49 AM
296 ... 101112
tools
    Google hangout not working

Posted via CB10
    Don't feel bad, it doesn't work on any BB device or OS version.
    12-11-13 08:55 PM
    As far as I know this will work for free apps only. If you want to download an app that you bought, you'll need to install the chrome extension.
    Even that may not work. More and more apps and games are using newer protection schemes, such as Encryption, where it's locked to the device that it was downloaded to. There's no workaround for that.
    12-11-13 08:59 PM
    Hangout and G+

Posted via CB10
    Both will never work on BB10 without Google's blessing, lol
    12-11-13 09:00 PM
    Ingress downloaded from 1mobile acts strange. When you try to add an account it opens the add accounts setting in blackberry10 rather then making an account for the game.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, Blackberry has integrated more of BB10 with Android and/or replaced parts of Android with it in 10.2. If you really want to run Ingress, it's best you stay on 10.1.
    12-11-13 09:04 PM
    That is because it requires the Google Play Services framework, which is not included/working in BB10. You'll find the same issue with any other app that hooks into GPS, such as Google Maps, GMAIL, Youtube app, Google plus, Hangouts, etc.

Posted via CB10
    Not entirely true. Maps, Gmail and Youtube *can* run fine on BB10. As for Hangouts or Google+, hell no...
    12-11-13 09:05 PM
    Temple run 2 not working. it installs but it doesn't load up
    Seriously if you want all 4 Temple Run games to work on BB10 you need to stick with 10.1. All four will never run properly on 10.2. Heck, most people have trouble with getting original Temple Run to work properly on any version of BB10. I've got all 4 working, and it's because I've stuck with 10.1.

10.2 might seem nice but it breaks compatibility too much. You lose more than you gain, with 10.2.
    Last edited by BennyX; 12-11-13 at 09:26 PM.
    12-11-13 09:07 PM
    Anyone can suggest me some headless apps?

Posted via CB10
    At this point there are none yet. 'Soon', says Blackberry. That seems to be all BB says these days.
    12-11-13 09:08 PM
    I tried to use the memrise app and it won't let me log in

Posted via CB10
    12-11-13 09:10 PM
    Opera 18, latest.

App loads, Discover loads, search autocomplete loads, everything except actual browsing works.

Posted via CB10
    Opera 18 is a pig now, since they switched browser engines and whatnot.. you'd be a lot better off using the native browser or Evolution Browser. Heck even Dolphin Browser Mini is a better choice than Opera at this point. (and I used to be a fan of Opera!)
    Last edited by BennyX; 12-11-13 at 09:31 PM.
    12-11-13 09:10 PM
    Is it working for you?

Posted via CB10
    It is a version that runs properly on Playbook. It seems to be operable on my Z10 as well, but I don't really use it so I haven't delved too deep into it. It's worth a shot if you are really set on sticking with Amazon MP3 though.

On the Z10 I can shop the amazon mp3 store, preview mp3 tracks (sound plays back properly), I can browse fine. I can pull up Settings without issue. I don't have an account, though, so I can't know if everything works. Search does not seem to work, but maybe I'm not grokking the way of things. I can click on the 'Buy' button beside the MP3 track and it seems to push me through the payment process, but again, I didn't test it entirely because I don't use this app and don't have an account.

version is 2.0.13 (or 2.0.1.3... my vision isn't as good as it used to be)
    12-11-13 09:12 PM
    Opera 18 is a pig now, since they switched browser engines and whatnot.. you'd be a lot better off using the native browser or Evolution Browser. Heck even Dolphin Browser Mini is a better choice than Opera at this point. (and I used to be a fan of Opera!)

I'm really bitter about what Opera did to their desktop and Android versions.

I cautiously supported their switch to the Blink rendering engine, because I figured it has been such a struggle for so many years fighting against all the proprietary browser rendering engines that did things their own way instead of adhere to W3C standards, so Opera had to either get flamed constantly because theirs didn't render the same way the other proprietary things did, or keep changing to make theirs generate the same buggy rendition the browser du-jour created.

And I figured they would just use a different rendering engine and keep all those great Opera UI features and tweakability.

But NO... what they did was create another Browser For Dummies.

Just one example - in one fell swoop they went from having the best bookmark management in the world, to one of the worst.

UGH.
    12-11-13 10:56 PM
    I'm really bitter about what Opera did to their desktop and Android versions.

I cautiously supported their switch to the Blink rendering engine, because I figured it has been such a struggle for so many years fighting against all the proprietary browser rendering engines that did things their own way instead of adhere to W3C standards, so Opera had to either get flamed constantly because theirs didn't render the same way the other proprietary things did, or keep changing to make theirs generate the same buggy rendition the browser du-jour created.

And I figured they would just use a different rendering engine and keep all those great Opera UI features and tweakability.

But NO... what they did was create another Browser For Dummies.

Just one example - in one fell swoop they went from having the best bookmark management in the world, to one of the worst.

UGH.
    well, personally all I enjoyed Opera for was their speedy server-side compression. That was what I felt differentiated them from all the others... except for Skyfire.. which has also changed their browser engine and no longer does the server side compression... *sigh*

Now the only choice for server-side compression for speedy web page serving is Puffin Browser... but somewhere along the way they decided to bork their Flash video stuff so that it doesn't work as seamlessly as it used to. So I no longer use Puffin either.
    12-11-13 11:20 PM
    Almost every report in this thread is wrong and caused by using app stores. Stop using app stores. They don't work well. Put .apk files on the device, install from device. No need to side load anything. Nearly every report I've seen here works fine by doing this.
    If you don't get them from an appstore then where do you get them from?
    12-13-13 02:14 PM
    It makes zero difference where you get the android ports. They can come from BBWorld and still have the accounts page loading issue.

That said, the Amazon store has been proven to have issues so I don't recommend installing apps from there. 1Mobile works great.
    12-13-13 02:38 PM
    If you don't get them from an appstore then where do you get them from?
    There are entities that offer APKs for download. One has to be careful about them though, it's trivial to distribute malware via infected APKs.

One source that is reputable is GoodEReader. They have both APKs and APKs converted to BARs (to use for sideloading - what we did before we could install APKs directly on 10.2.1.1055 and above) there.
    12-13-13 08:36 PM
    HBO Go- loads and actually gets a movie started but can't maintain a network connection in a solid wifi area.
    Words with Friends - sluggish at best, often crashes; also loses internet connection readily (I have no issues streaming Youtube, so the wifi doesn't appear to be the problem.
    Google Maps - be sure to use a version that is c/w android 4.2. The newest android runtime is ahead of the BB android runtime.
    12-14-13 02:35 PM
    Opera 18, latest.

App loads, Discover loads, search autocomplete loads, everything except actual browsing works.

Confirmed with 18.0.1290.67495.

What a shame if using Blink also roped them into proprietary Google frameworks just to render a webpage...
    12-18-13 04:41 AM
    Has anyone gotten Zombies, Run! App from six to start to work on BB10. I can't get it to install and I have the latest leaked software.

Posted via CB10
    12-30-13 11:37 PM
    Full tilt poker rush working perfect on z30 and z10

Posted via CB10
    04-27-14 06:31 AM
    Isn't this thread for apps NOT working?
    04-27-14 07:33 AM
    Yeah I forgot lol okay well Pokerstars and 888 poker apps don't work gets to loading screen then it won't go any further.

Posted via CB10
    04-29-14 03:49 AM
296 ... 101112