06-17-14 10:43 PM
281 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Lol, so close yet so far, got it downloaded on my phone waiting for a password lol

Posted via CB10
    06-17-14 01:28 PM
    I actually find this very funny. You're basically complaining about something you don't have, but have the chance to get, even though you're not supposed to have access to it. Let's face it, you're mad because you don't know what to do. He can do whatever he wants because who can make him change his mind. You should stop being so childish, you're suppose to be mature. Not a 5 year old not getting candy

Posted via CB10
    I will disagree.

It's true that I'm lucky to even get the chance to get my hands on it.

The issue isn't that I'm mad that I can't get it. I could always run the current leak. Hell, I probably couldn't even run this one, because it uses an older radio that doesn't work well on my phone.

The issue is that he is playing game with a lot of people just because he can. He's just dangling bait and causing all of this.

It's not about being mature or immature, it's about not messing around with people.

I know he doesn't care or should even care about my rant. He should do whatever the hell he wants. But when it involves teasing people like that, then he gets other people involved.

He could have simply posted some screenshots and said "I can't release this for X reason" even if it wasn't true, he could have kept it to himself, and done it that way. Other people did that.

But no, he knew people would want to download it, and did so, only to stop at the last minute. And then put a "hint"

It's not about the rant, I don't care if he sees it or not. I'm not mad. A bit upset? Yes. Less so about the damn leak, and more so about the game he's playing with people.

You know what I won't do? Try to suck up in order to get it.

I've never been scared of pointing out BS when I see it, and I won't start now.

On Z30
    06-17-14 01:31 PM
    When the file gets decrypted, all you haters will be the first to thank him because I'm somehow sure there's a surprise at the end.

White Z30 - The Best BlackBerry Experience
    Im actually trying every possible combination so it'll be some time... Around that time range maybe... Have you tried CUDA?
    06-17-14 01:31 PM
    When the file gets decrypted, all you haters will be the first to thank him because I'm somehow sure there's a surprise at the end.

Yeah, a virus! LOL

Posted via CB10 running on Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.3175
    amjass12 and R Field like this.
    06-17-14 01:32 PM
    Brute forcing with a 15GB dictionary file, might take a while... The leak thirst is unreal!
    He mentioned it was a snippet of code. Your dictionary is no good here.
    06-17-14 01:34 PM
    What's the time range. I tried one and it told me the estimated time is 1555673y 281d 12h 55m 10s
    Deleted it immediately.

LOL - I was thinking the same thing. Haven't tried a brute force attack in quite a while, but my experience with a large dictionary file was similar. Guess I need to start stacking my PC's again and reengineer my little supercomputer to pick up the pace a bit
    06-17-14 01:35 PM
    It seems not the single RAR file, there should be part 2..., that need to be picked up together.
    oh mannn THESE LEAKS ARE TEARING US APARTTTT AHHHHH
    LOL - I was thinking the same thing. Haven't tried a brute force attack in quite a while, but my experience with a large dictionary file was similar. Guess I need to start stacking my PC's again and reengineer my little supercomputer to pick up the pace a bit
    Mine gave me an hour but crashes as soon as it starts Brute Force. Maybe because Its windows 8.1 and RAR 2.9-3.0
    06-17-14 01:40 PM
    He mentioned it was a snippet of code. Your dictionary is no good here.
    I swear password length for RAR format can be up to 127 characters...

And yup will take sometime... Pushing it along with a 2600k at 4.2GHz and 770GTX.. CUDA is helping a bit but yeah... I've tried all variations until 5 characters at this time...
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    06-17-14 01:41 PM
    If they are using a password that is like the ones you find on grc.com/password it will take you an 256 times to the power of infinity to crack it. Even if you were to take the total computing power of the Bitcoin network which is equivalent to 500 of worlds fastest super computers times 256 it still would take you years to crack.
    LP_Rigg and 1magine like this.
    06-17-14 01:44 PM
    haha good luck guys, I'll return in in the year 2256 when this gets completed.
    LP_Rigg, geodorn and mikelcal like this.
    06-17-14 01:46 PM
    As I said previously - silly to try and crack the password. Treat the file as corrupt and use a professional rar file fixer to just go around the password - OR - wait less than a week and the Gold SDK will either release officially or crazy as it may sound to some folk, some nice normal person without major issues will likely just drop it, because you know, they have it and want to share it. I know crazy right? SMH
    jimpilot and eyesopen1111 like this.
    06-17-14 01:49 PM
    If they are using a password that is like the ones you find on grc.com/password it will take you an 256 times to the power of infinity to crack it. Even if you were to take the total computing power of the Bitcoin network which is equivalent to 500 of worlds fastest super computers times 256 it still would take you years to crack.
    Unless your PC is Quantum powered... :|

As I said previously - silly to try and crack the password. Treat the file as corrupt and use a professional rar file fixer to just go around the password.
    Around the password? RAR literally bear hugs the file inside and encrpyts it with AES... Literally what BlackBerry uses for some of its functions... Going around isn't an option...
    06-17-14 01:51 PM
    As I said previously - silly to try and crack the password. Treat the file as corrupt and use a professional rar file fixer to just go around the password.
    This doesnt work. I ran a repair on it in linux rar and windows winrar.
    06-17-14 01:54 PM
    I will disagree.

It's true that I'm lucky to even get the chance to get my hands on it.

The issue isn't that I'm mad that I can't get it. I could always run the current leak. Hell, I probably couldn't even run this one, because it uses an older radio that doesn't work well on my phone.

The issue is that he is playing game with a lot of people just because he can. He's just dangling bait and causing all of this.

It's not about being mature or immature, it's about not messing around with people.

I know he doesn't care or should even care about my rant. He should do whatever the hell he wants. But when it involves teasing people like that, then he gets other people involved.

He could have simply posted some screenshots and said "I can't release this for X reason" even if it wasn't true, he could have kept it to himself, and done it that way. Other people did that.

But no, he knew people would want to download it, and did so, only to stop at the last minute. And then put a "hint"

It's not about the rant, I don't care if he sees it or not. I'm not mad. A bit upset? Yes. Less so about the damn leak, and more so about the game he's playing with people.

You know what I won't do? Try to suck up in order to get it.

I've never been scared of pointing out BS when I see it, and I won't start now.

On Z30
    Why blame him when he never actually posted the leak here on CB. He only pasted the link on his channel. So what offence has he committed. You gave him the chance to tease you. So live with it.
    I'm not happy too that I had to crack my brains to decrypt a password. But, eh, no one asked me to.
    So stop the ranting and either join the game or exist the scene.

aminrajabi and moody like this.
    06-17-14 01:55 PM
    This gave me a smile. Not interested in the leak (sure can't be a daily driver) but curious about the game.

I'll have a look into.
    Patience is gold

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    06-17-14 01:56 PM
    Im actually trying every possible combination so it'll be some time... Around that time range maybe... Have you tried CUDA?
    I haven't. Might give it shot later.

06-17-14 01:57 PM
    As I said, imho, he does not know the password and asks community to crack it

Even the pic showing him "archiving" can be archiving ant other file

How you can confirm it without check sum fir comparison?

Posted via CB10 on glorious Z10 powered by 10.2.1.3175
    06-17-14 02:05 PM
    I work in and around the DTES:Vancouver... this whole. 512 think reminds me of when krock hit vancouver a few months ago.... and then it was K2/spice/izms...

Good stuff though. I'm equally amused and curious.

Z30 Fido
    06-17-14 02:07 PM
    OK not to derail this thread, but Im done attempting anything other than the official password for this RAR which we may or may not ever see. Ill leave you with this thought from philosiraptor:

Let's crack that password together!-mockit_17062014150247.jpg
    06-17-14 02:08 PM
    This doesnt work. I ran a repair on it in linux rar and windows winrar.

Really? Smart that you thought to run it in LINUX, even brighter to encrypt so it could not be tackled this way.

As I often say about my children - if only they would use the power for good, and not evil.
    06-17-14 02:10 PM
    Why blame him when he never actually posted the leak here on CB. He only pasted the link on his channel. So what offence has he committed. You gave him the chance to tease you. So live with it.
    I'm not happy too that I had to crack my brains to decrypt a password. But, eh, no one asked me to.
    So stop the ranting and either join the game or exist the scene.

Actually - he has played a part with the leak being here on CB. Kind of naive to think otherwise. Not going to address any of the rest of the comments - other than to say perception is a funny thing. In most every case what we perceive to be reality, is in-fact our reality.
    habs_fan likes this.
    06-17-14 02:13 PM
    I'm working on brute force extracting now I'll post the file when I can Linux ftw

In squircle we trust.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-17-14 02:22 PM
    Every time someone says this is a game, this is all I can think of:

Let's crack that password together!-mockit_17062014152610.jpg

What annoys me is that OF COURSE it was going to be posted on CB and other sites. DUH!

Sure he didn't post it, but to think it would be be posted here is laughable.

On Z30
    06-17-14 02:28 PM
281 ... 34567 ...