In a post regarding a OS being available that was appears to have been obtained through the BlackBerry 10.3 beta program I referred to these persons passing on the information in a rather none respecting manor. My approach / view caused the concern of a user who stated (indirectly) that people (me, again indirectly) “cursing ppl who "didn't respect NDAs" but all jump to dload and install leaks posted courtesy of ppl who didn't respect those same NDAs... “.

Whilst I am sure to admit that I will download a leak if given, as I do not know the manor in which this leak was obtained. Call it a blind eye if you wish. But, if I had any inclination that the information was leaked via the not respecting a NDA, then I would NOT download.
    I respect a person that respect another and agrees to contracts and obligations, whether it be via a NDA or a handshake / gentleman agreement.

I have stated, and I will state again; I am a member of the BlackBerry 10.3 Beta program and have agreed to a NDA. Therfore, I respect that and will NOT post any information which serves to violate such agreement. If one can recall, I sometime back attended a BlackBerry Experience in London where pictures of the Classic where unveiled. I could have taken pictures and shared. I could have mentioned in details about its specks. But I did not as I was asked not to by BlackBerry and I agreed to an NDA. So in a long nutshell, all I am saying is that people need to respect responsibility, and as a active member of the Beta program, I respect my responsibility and only wished others did the same.

Now, Mods, do feel free to delete / close this thread as you please, as I did not open it to start an argument nor to have bitc**ng.. I opened it with the clear intention of explaining where I stand in installing leaks and respecting NDAs. This I hope I have explained.
    Thank you.
    GDubbin and Mic_JP like this.
    08-25-14 06:09 PM
    You're right, you were turning a blind eye.

It's okay for others but not for you?

That's being a hypocrite.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:22 PM
    I'm not going to debate the morals of your post. But I will say the leakers are taking a HUGE risk. If they are ever caught their jobs will be the smallest thing they could loose. I guess that depends on the NDA.

That said as the O/S matures I find myself less interested in the leaks. But boy when BB10 first hit the stage I'm glad they were available.
    08-25-14 06:24 PM
    This leak was found on publicly accessible Blackberry hosted Web servers.

Get off your soapbox. Even if someone did violate an NDA it is none of your concern. Untangle those knickers.

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 06:58 PM
    Lol, yeah, if only BlackBerry themselves were inclined to show the same degree of obligation to their customers as the OP is suggesting, then there might be a few more of us.
    Meantime, I for one will take whatever new software (short of theft) that I can get my hands on...

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:33 PM
    Please ignore the snide comments, it is a forum after all. If I may ask, how did you get in the Beta program?

I would love to join. Just trying something new and providing feedback is something I am interested in.

I know someone who works there and he can't even get me in. What's your secret!

Posted via CB10
    08-25-14 07:57 PM