05-03-14 06:25 PM
1,399 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    I'v tried on a Q10 at my friend and I can't restore the backup from BlackBerry Link how can I do ?

First of all, make sure the backup and restore are done using the same BBID. You can't restore a backup made under one BBID while signed-in using a different BBID.
    02-16-14 07:29 PM
    Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 07:57 PM
    I can't transfer any files to my SD card, it tells me there isn't enough space and it's an empty 64gb one that I reformat after every update.

You mean copying from device internal storage to the SD card, or you mean using BlackBerry Link?
    Have you hard reset it yet since the update?

Whenever I tap on any of my contacts outside the contacts app it shows up as just their number and has me re create the contact, but if I open the contacts app all of my contacts are there.

Do you mean from the phone call log screen or from where in particular?
    02-16-14 07:58 PM
    nice, what your co-workers said about you using BB?
    eventually the company gonna make you use WP or they are cool with you using BB?
    just curious,
    I get no end of razzing from my co-workers. Right now I am using the valid argument that I have a year+ on my contract before I can get another phone. They back off then because they aren't willing to give me a WP for free.

When the time comes, I may need to get a WP as I want to be a team player (and I will be a stock holder then), but that is a ways off.

If BlackBerry continues to improve OS 10 at the pace they have been, I will be hard pressed to let the platform go. Today, BlackBerry 10.2 has as good if not better ActiveSync support than WP 8:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compa...veSync_Clients

My customer users a lot of BlackBerry, so perhaps keeping a BlackBerry in the hands of their messaging engineer is a strong argument.

We shall see. :-)

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    gfondeur, southlander and mkiiw like this.
    02-16-14 07:59 PM
    Finally got a chance to test my Bluetooth media stream tonight and it worked flawless on this version but so did 1925 with 26 radio. Solid stream with no loss or waver of the stream. WooHoo...

akawsrrior..
    02-16-14 08:02 PM
    Oh, cool. So now you can tell me where you used to work.

Oh, and you are missing out on Ballmer. Poor thing. At least you'll save money on thrown chair insurance.
    I was the messaging team lead and a fed for a large government agency in the DC metro area. They spanned 49/50 states and had 20k+ mailboxes.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    southlander likes this.
    02-16-14 08:03 PM
    Whooaa...
    Lots of apps to update
    Just because of new OS 10.2.1.2141
    Lengend presents OS 10.2.1.2141 autoloaders for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones-img_20140217_112801.png

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:31 PM
    My customer users a lot of BlackBerry, so perhaps keeping a BlackBerry in the hands of their messaging engineer is a strong argument.

I would think that would be a perfectly reasonable argument, regardless your stance on Blackberry as a platform/company.

It's really annoying that to this day, 90% or more of the online documentation I have encountered about "How to setup your Blackberry on our email service" is written for LegacyOS Blackberries.

Including Google's documentation for their email service, Yahoo if I'm not mistaken, etc.

Someone out there needs to have a clue about something other than 2 mobile platforms.

I was the messaging team lead and a fed for a large government agency in the DC metro area. They spanned 49/50 states and had 20k+ mailboxes.

Ah, when I read the phrase "Enterprise Email Service" on your profile I assumed that meant a commercial service, not an internal department.

Thanks.
    02-16-14 09:41 PM
    Whooaa...
    Lots of apps to update
    Just because of new OS 10.2.1.2141
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140217_112801.png 
Views:	1397 
Size:	192.7 KB 
ID:	248613

Yep, I noticed the same thing.

The strange part is that I thought I had already updated all those apps as of 10.2.1.1925.

Apparently 2141 overwrites those during a non-destructive install (no surprise if they are OS-bundled apps), but the weird thing is why 2141 ships with old versions of those apps by default.

Because some of those were updated back in December or something.
    02-16-14 09:44 PM
    Thanks, but I was talking about where when you open the camera app, and you wanted to brighten up darker areas before taking a picture and you move the cursor there with your finger. That does not seem to work anymore.

Posted via CB10
    Sorry bout that. I believe the file you're looking for is sys.camera-10.9.0.514. Unfortunately, it only works on 10.2.1.1055 and lower.

The low light and face focus feature would be a cool feature to have together though.
    02-16-14 09:45 PM
    Can u see white balance feature under settings -> display???

Posted via CB10
    no. i dont see it

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 09:50 PM
    [re: missing white balance slider] no. i dont see it

What method did you use to update your device?
    02-16-14 10:06 PM
    In case I forgot, HUGE thanks to Lengend, Thurask, Omnitech, and all else for this. Loaded on VZW Z30 using autoloader. So far my contacts behavior appears more stable. Had strangeness before. Overall the OS performance and stability has been great. And it indexed my full sd card without needing to reformat. Bonus. Starting to think the contacts issues I had were with this whole mysterious indexing process, and it being improved. Anyway, I digress. Cheers, CrackBerry community.

Posted via CB10
    howards and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-16-14 10:30 PM
    Has anyone got the z10 full autoloader working whit stl 100 2 ? after restart the device does not start just a red LED.left the phone like that for two hours and had to revert back from bb link. i was using 1925 was working just fine until the bbm update .
    02-16-14 10:31 PM
    after revert on official 10 2 0 424 with vodafone new zealan
    02-16-14 10:38 PM
    First time leak installer here and wanted to say thanks to all those who make the process so easy. I don't know why I was so hesitant to do it long ago on my Z10, instead of sticking with the official OS for so long. But once Verizon let the 10.2.1 cat out of the bag, I could not stand going down to 10.2.0 on my new Z30. Now on to figuring out how to install a few select Android apps to my device....

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 10:39 PM
    A little quastion... The full autoloader has everything? I mean because I see that there's a separate link that says ''Z10 Radio'' or it's just for some who only wants the os radio?
    02-16-14 10:47 PM
    A little quastion... The full autoloader has everything? I mean because I see that there's a separate link that says ''Z10 Radio'' or it's just for some who only wants the os radio?
    The radio link would be in conjunction of the full z30 autoloader, in order to get the z10 radio. It was posted first to get us going, then blaze provided us with the later. Just stick with the full z10 autoloader now.

Posted via CB10
    LuisRoa10 likes this.
    02-16-14 11:05 PM
    hi every body.
    i am mature in bb . i have bought z10 STL100-2 .
    can i update my os to this version? is it ok downloading "Z10 Full Autoloader" ?
    what is radio version?
    thanks
    02-17-14 12:19 AM
    hi every body.
    i am mature in bb . i have bought z10 STL100-2 .
    can i update my os to this version? is it ok downloading "Z10 Full Autoloader" ?
    what is radio version?
    thanks
    Yes you can use this version and the full z10 autoloader is what you need, you will loose any files or saved data on your device however.

Posted via CB10
    02-17-14 12:22 AM
    Has anyone got the z10 full autoloader working whit stl 100 2 ? after restart the device does not start just a red LED.left the phone like that for two hours and had to revert back from bb link.

If you got a blinking red LED after attempting the update it means you soft bricked your device. No need to let it sit a couple of hours because when that happens you need to reload an OS. (Either using BlackBerry Link or a proper autoloader)

Not sure why that happened on your device but as long as you have a backup I would just try it again.

Also possible the autoloader got corrupted in the download (during the BerryLeaks days we used to include a checksum file to verify that), or you may have mistakenly downloaded the wrong one. (ie the one for STL100-1)

i have bought z10 STL100-2 .
    what is radio version?
    thanks

Yes you can upgrade it. Please make a backup first, because an autoloader erases all of the existing data. You will need to use BlackBerry Link to restore the backup after you install the new OS, unless you don't care about your existing data and re-installing all your apps.

The radio files are not necessary for an STL100-2, just get the regular autoloader for STL100-2/STL100-3/STL100-4 and that is all you need.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-17-14 12:28 AM
    Downloaded the Z10 Full Autoloader. When I try to start it I get the wait symbol with significant hard drive activity (I'm assuming the .EXE is writing into temporary files). A text window flashes by too fast to read. Then nothing. Tips?

Tried it on two different computers with two different downloads. Tried as Administrator (in Windows 7) and normal. Same result.

( https://mega.co.nz/#!LghVDaTI!8cpeBg...yMXu88uP3QRyqE (via Bla1ze) )
    02-17-14 12:38 AM
    Downloaded the Z10 Full Autoloader. When I try to start it I get the wait symbol with significant hard drive activity (I'm assuming the .EXE is writing into temporary files). A text window flashes by too fast to read. Then nothing. Tips?

Tried it on two different computers with two different downloads. Tried as Administrator (in Windows 7) and normal. Same result.

( https://mega.co.nz/#!LghVDaTI!8cpeBg...yMXu88uP3QRyqE (via Bla1ze) )
    After downloading the autoloader, did you extract it? After extracting it, run it and a window will appear. At this time, your phone should be connected to your computer, and you will notice activity on your phone, such as blinking LED.

If your installation does not work, try installing the leaked OS via Sachesi. Search for Sachesi online and download it. Search for step by step procedure in this forum if you are not familiar with the procedure.
    02-17-14 12:50 AM
    Please pardon my ignorance and ineptness - I have searched through the forum and cannot located the "two .bar files" that are being talked about for a non-destructive load through Sachesi. Could someone please tell me how to get them?
    Thanks!
    Just download the whole OS through Sachesi, not just the 2 bar files. I tried to load just the 2 bar files but it did not work for me. After downloading the whole OS, hit Install, then choose folder...at this point, look for the folder where the OS has been downloaded to, and the installation process commences.

you did not say what OS you are upgrading from. If you are upgrading from .1925, you are supposed to install the other updated bar files, around 25 of them, in addition to the 2 bar files - the core OS and the radio file. If you are upgrading from an older OS, you will install a lot more than just 25. So it is just better to just load the whole folder and not worry what other files to install.

Installation will take some time, almost an hour for me, so just be patient. And when the phone reboots after installation, it takes more time than usual. Around 8 minutes for me.
    DrJay1 likes this.
    02-17-14 12:56 AM
    Z10 FROM 10.2.1.1925 start to finish: 10.2.1.2141/2142 using BB Link
    Downloaded from Mega: 6 min. 24 sec.
    FULL backup with BB Link: 4:46
    Install Autoloader: 2:31
    Reboot: 2:47
    Restore: 4:24
    final reboot: 2:21
    TOTAL: 23 minutes, 33 seconds
    FULL Backup with BB Link was 4:46?!?!? WHAT THE HECK??? My Z10, which only has 7 gigs of the internal 16 being used, takes about 2 and a half hours to back up and another 2.5 to reload. HOW ON EARTH are you doing it so fast???
    02-17-14 02:58 AM
1,399 ... 3435363738 ...