05-03-14 07:25 PM
1,399 ... 3031323334 ...
tools
    The device allows the charger to charge up to its max output (or max output allowed) based on a schedule. It will charge faster when the battery is low and then slow the rate of charge as the battery gets closer to full. It's possible they've adjusted that charging schedule.
    That makes sense thanks.

Posted from my Z30
    02-15-14 10:50 PM
    What I was wondering about was the difference between loading the 2 large bar files via Sachesi and loading the 154 separate files downloaded from Vodafone by Sachesi. I followed someone's advice to use the 2 large bar files and then discovered that I had to manually load the 25 new app bars changed from 1925. It probably makes sense just to load the 154 or so files in the first place and be done with it.

Posted via CB10
    Here's a somewhat Technical explanation

The debrick OS contains the entire user file system (that's all installed apps, and any user data) including inode tables. It's meant to be written to your phone block by block, which is only possible in autoloader mode, so in bar install mode it is simply ignored. When you write the inode table to the phone its equivalent to formatting the phone since the inode table is what keeps track of files on the device and where they are. Since the smaller core OS bar doesn't include the user file system it can be used in an autoloader non-destructively, but like the bar upgrade you'd still need to do the apps separately.

Side note: The apps aren't actually stored in bar format in the debrick file, they're in their already installed state. What Sacha and I had to do was take those and rebuild the bar files from that.

When you do all the app bar files separately you preserve the existing data just like any other app install.

And yes, it is just easier to load all 154 then mess around with the debrick bar unless you want a destructive autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 10:50 PM
    What's the scoop with this leak? Feel like my phone has finally settled into .1925.

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    02-15-14 10:59 PM

The debrick OS contains the entire user file system (that's all installed apps, and any user data) including inode tables. It's meant to be written to your phone block by block, which is only possible in autoloader mode, so in bar install mode it is simply ignored. When you write the inode table to the phone its equivalent to formatting the phone since the inode table is what keeps track of files on the device and where they are. Since the smaller core OS bar doesn't include the user file system it can be used in an autoloader non-destructively, but like the bar upgrade you'd still need to do the apps separately.

Side note: The apps aren't actually stored in bar format in the debrick file, they're in their already installed state. What Sacha and I had to do was take those and rebuild the bar files from that.

When you do all the app bar files separately you preserve the existing data just like any other app install.

And yes, it is just easier to load all 154 then mess around with the debrick bar unless you want a destructive autoloader.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you for that explanation. That has been my experience with this method already (which consists of this thread and loading onto two devices.) Some here have advised to simply load the two debrick files using Sachesi and leave it at that. However, after doing that I found that not all the apps were updated even though all the bars are supposedly contained in the debrick files. In the case of updating my Q10 from 1055 to 2041 using the debrick files I had no hub after boot up. Loading the 26 updated bars mentioned in this thread works properly only if you are upgrading from 1925 to 2041, and solved the issue of the missing hub. Theoretically, the next upgrade could have different updated bars and it would be a different list of bars to update separately. So, for upgrading from 1925 to 2041only you can sideload the debrick files and then the 26 app bars and get the full update.

As you mentioned, I found it easier and a little more fool-proof to just download and install all 154 (in this case) bar files and be done with it. That way it doesn't matter what version of the OS the device is on before upgrade and you always get the full update.

I really appreciate everyone's help in this thread. This is the first I've had time to delve into this side of it. I've always just done the autoloaders.

Am I understanding this all correctly?
    02-15-14 11:01 PM
    What's the scoop with this leak? Feel like my phone has finally settled into .1925.

Posted via my Z10: 10.2.1.1925
    20 pages of scoop. Take a read. I've read much of this thread several times.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    02-15-14 11:02 PM
    Because the original package was a Z30 loader and then the appropriate radio loader. After all the full loaders went live the radios stayed there.

I think. I haven't been paying attention for a while lol.

Posted via CB10
    you right.
    02-15-14 11:06 PM
    Can anyone help this is all I get when I try to up load or download Full Auto loader for Z10 by the way I have STL-3 on 10.1.0 2019 OS. Also carrier is AT&T. Any suggestions when I try this is all I get and it won't move is it suppose to take a long time I waited 15 to 20 mins and nothing. Also do I need to remove sim card before or can I just keep in. Finally, does if have to be over wi-fi or network is fine? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:08 PM
    Thank you for that explanation. That has been my experience with this method already (which consists of this thread and loading onto two devices.) Some here have advised to simply load the two debrick files using Sachesi and leave it at that. However, after doing that I found that not all the apps were updated even though all the bars are supposedly contained in the debrick files. In the case of updating my Q10 from 1055 to 2041 using the debrick files I had no hub after boot up. Loading the 26 updated bars mentioned in this thread works properly only if you are upgrading from 1925 to 2041, and solved the issue of the missing hub. Theoretically, the next upgrade could have different updated bars and it would be a different list of bars to update separately. So, for upgrading from 1925 to 2041only you can sideload the debrick files and then the 26 app bars and get the full update.

As you mentioned, I found it easier and a little more fool-proof to just download and install all 154 (in this case) bar files and be done with it. That way it doesn't matter what version of the OS the device is on before upgrade and you always get the full update.

I really appreciate everyone's help in this thread. This is the first I've had time to delve into this side of it. I've always just done the autoloaders.

Am I understanding this all correctly?
    That's exactly right. The 25 bar files are specific to a 1925 upgrade only. And upgrading from any other OS the list would be different, so in most cases just do them all to be safe.

No hub after a large upgrade is a common thing if the apps were missed. Fortunately it's easy enough to fix just by doing all the app bar files.

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek and John Clark like this.
    02-15-14 11:08 PM
    That didn't do it:
    Attachment 248316
    I also check the Hub management to make sure it wasn't turned off or something like that and it wasn't there either.

I did a Sachesi non-destructive upgrade as well.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.2141
    question, do you work for microsoft?
    Camelhmpz likes this.
    02-15-14 11:12 PM
    I agree. Been using it almost non stop for the past 4 hours and I'm at 85%. Impressed.
    If you are on stl-1, don't get impressed yet. When you get the 20% notification, then you are good.

Z10 OS10.2.1.2141 #iChoose10series
    Gykesdollars likes this.
    02-15-14 11:25 PM

Posted via CB10
    Thanks very much for the clear explanation. I think I'm up to about 98% understanding it now.

So, to restate what I think I did, just to make sure, and for others to follow: I was starting with 1925 loaded a month ago using the 1925 autoloader (destructively). I then loaded the core OS of 2141/2142 contained in the two large bars, and all I was missing were the individual app bars from 2141. There were 25 or so changed app bars in 2141 compared to 1925, and I loaded those app bars via Sachesi, leaving out only the camera bar (I'm using, I think, 1259 to preserve face recognition) and the clock bar (to keep the Porsche clock). Now I have the core OS of 2141 and the 2142 radio (it says I do on the About screen), and all the updated apps I want from 2141 changed from 1925.

The next time I upgrade the OS, if I want to do it non-destructively, I should simply DL the 154 (or however many individual bar files that OS has) using Sachesi, load them all to the Z10 with Sachesi, and I'll then have the complete new core OS, the new radio, and all the app files associated with that new OS in a one step process.

All correct?
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-14 11:26 PM
    Thanks very much for the clear explanation. I think I'm up to about 98% understanding it now.

So, to restate what I think I did, just to make sure, and for others to follow: I was starting with 1925 loaded a month ago using the 1925 autoloader (destructively). I then loaded the core OS of 2141/2142 contained in the two large bars, and all I was missing were the individual app bars from 2141. There were 25 or so changed app bars in 2141 compared to 1925, and I loaded those app bars via Sachesi, leaving out only the camera bar (I'm using, I think, 1259 to preserve face recognition) and the clock bar (to keep the Porsche clock). Now I have the core OS of 2141 and the 2142 radio (it says I do on the About screen), and all the updated apps I want from 2141 changed from 1925.

The next time I upgrade the OS, if I want to do it non-destructively, I should simply DL the 154 (or however many individual bar files that OS has) using Sachesi, load them all to the Z10 with Sachesi, and I'll then have the complete new core OS, the new radio, and all the app files associated with that new OS in a one step process.

All correct?
    Correct.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 11:31 PM
    That's why I posted in the first place, but it's charging faster for sure.

Posted from my Z30
    Not so here. Charged mine from 0% for an hour 30 mins.

anon721037 likes this.
    02-15-14 11:32 PM
    Q10 on VZW did my first sachesi update (only auto loaders previously) and it seems to have worked perfectly. Way better than doing the auto loader. It took about an hour or two but much faster than doing the full clean install. I was having problems with the previous radio file with it would loose connectivity after a while, requiring a restart to enable browser or BBW connections. FOr the first couple hours, 10.2.1.2141 seems to be rock solid.

Try Sachesi first, if it fails maybe do auto loader but the nondestructive method is much better than doing a full clean install. YMMV but go for it. Thanks to Legened, Sachesi creator, and BBRY Leaks Team for all of the advanced software releases over time.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-15-14 11:44 PM
    Not so here. Charged mine from 0% for an hour 30 mins.

Ya same here but it seems faster than 1925.

Posted from my Z30
    02-15-14 11:59 PM
    Upgraded from 1925 via sachesi.
    At first it's slow, but I will give it time to settle.
    No issues so far.

@geenaxion Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.2141) BB10Store on Aptoide Subscribe "Dance for Life" C0029D483
    02-16-14 12:39 AM
    Urgh. Did the sachesi install and got and exclamation point with BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US, which translates to
    BB10-0005 "The device will not start up due to missing or invalid radio software." Any recommendations from folks who know better than I do?

What you can do:
    Yep, you have installed the wrong radio file. Not a huge deal. Here are the links for the Q and Z10(STL100-2/3/4) radios, download the correct one and run it just like a regular OS autoloader.

Q5-Q10 Radio
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5ZEwnYbT!cUECYm...EWtXQsSpqR3YwE

Z10 Radio
    https://mega.co.nz/#!hdsSWDAC!hwxie_...oLqdc9ESTOMGO4

If you have a Z30 let me know and I will upload that radio

Posted via CB10
    02-16-14 12:50 AM
    Epic success with this one! Install was a breeze ( like all others) and up till now haven't found a single glitch or error. Many thxs to Lengend, thurask, blaze ... all of those that keep BB fun and entertaining. Keep it up guys !
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-16-14 01:07 AM
    Hi toobs... if you wouldn't mind uploading the Z30 radio file, that would be great.
    toobs623 likes this.
    02-16-14 02:10 AM
    I have just installed it successfully. Thanks a lot for the leak.

Now let's see if it fixes Mercedes bluetooth problem. I will let you know.

Z10 powered by BlackBerry OS 10.2.1.1925
    No, this version still does not fix Mercedes bluetooth problem.

I wonder if anyone at BlackBerry is working on this issue...
    02-16-14 02:46 AM
    Yep, you have installed the wrong radio file. Not a huge deal. Here are the links for the Q and Z10(STL100-2/3/4) radios, download the correct one and run it just like a regular OS autoloader.

Q5-Q10 Radio
    https://mega.co.nz/#!5ZEwnYbT!cUECYm...EWtXQsSpqR3YwE

Z10 Radio
    https://mega.co.nz/#!hdsSWDAC!hwxie_...oLqdc9ESTOMGO4

If you have a Z30 let me know and I will upload that radio

Posted via CB10
    Thanks, that did the trick. I was in panic mode for awhile there...
    toobs623 likes this.
    02-16-14 03:17 AM
    No, this version still does not fix Mercedes bluetooth problem.

I wonder if anyone at BlackBerry is working on this issue...
    This is one of the reasons I am not going to install this leak. When I loaded the leaked version of 10.2.1.1925 on my phone before Christmas bluetooth functionality with my Peugeot 508 was lost. It would connect up initially, but it would never connect up again to my car until I did a phone reboot, which was very annoying. So I rolled back again to 10.2.

Now since loading the official 10.2.1.1925 via my carrier bluetooth works a treat again with my car. Yet the weird thing is both the leak and the official 10.2.1.1925 OS was exactly the same level. So I am sticking with the official OS from now on. 10.2.1.1925 is working fine so until the next official OS update I will be sticking with it.

Z10 In action here!
    tanzarian likes this.
    02-16-14 05:05 AM
    Is the radio file included with this release is compatible with .1925 OS.?
    I am getting poor battery life on .1926 and hence need to know..
    02-16-14 05:23 AM
    Beautiful! I was thinking of writing something like this after I finally figured it all out, but no need. Your write up is well done.

The trick is finding a carrier with your variant. It is usually the case that the Q10/Q5 OS's are the same so you can use any variant. Z10 -2,3, & 4 are the same so find any of those variants. The Z30 variants appear to use the same OS's so any variant should do.

Is that correct?

I used the above method to download a Q10 -2 OS to load to my -3. All seemed to work fine.
    Hi John,
    Glad it helped.
    As you may have noticed, I tried to stand as much generic and simple possible with a few and sequenced instructions.
    I prefer to stand on a cautious method (your model/type of device) rather than go into mixing bars and sources.
    Doing so can be very confusing for most and what I tried to achieve here is a "no sweat" method for the mosts, never mind if it doesn't fit specific cases. I strongly suggest those having specific needs to refer to other threads or ask for help in the OS/leak sections.
    My personal history of leaks/sideloads installations revealed that some combinations mix can result in bad/unexpected behaviors.
    Cheers
    SF
    geekaren likes this.
    02-16-14 05:44 AM
    Can we please stop using Mega as a file hosting service? Or at least if you insist on using it, send up a torrent too? This waiting for several hours to download these files is ridiculous. Hell, send me the files directly, I'll host the torrent and and set up direct download access. Anything to keep these downloads faster than a dead slug in the hammer lane...
    FWIW, I suggest you use Chrome. My experience was mega+chrome approx 5X faster than mega+Firefox.
    02-16-14 05:48 AM
1,399 ... 3031323334 ...