05-03-14 06:25 PM
1,399 ... 1112131415 ...
    Dang, I went to bed shortly before you posted this, haha. Installing now via Sachesi.
    02-14-14 02:47 PM
    How well are BlackBerry 10 devices selling in Greece?

Posted via CB10
    Thanasi from greece also
    Not the best-selling, but cause of the good price of the Z10, new blackberry fan's are appearing and that feels nice.
    Unfortunately iPhone and droid is more famous, but believe me, myself and some other blackberry lovers are trying hard at mobile forum's to change them their mind

From My Sexy Blackberry Q10...
    BoldAlways likes this.
    02-14-14 02:47 PM
    Rrr. Is it just me or anyone else got the Temporary error on Mega? It continues on like this for me, anyone mirror it?
    02-14-14 02:48 PM
    Thank You Lengend for all your hard work and anyone that helped you make this possible for us. This is Awesome!!!
    02-14-14 02:48 PM
    Since some people cannot seem to understand downloading the Z30 files and then the right radio for their device. Here is an autoloader for Z10 (2,3,4) - https://mega.co.nz/#!LghVDaTI!8cpeBg...yMXu88uP3QRyqE
    It's not a matter of not understanding; It's just much easier for users to download one autoloader and install it than 2. ;D

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:49 PM
    Autoloader worked like a champ...restoring some things now. The goals...

1) Don't blow phone up - success (so far).

2) finish set up before valentine's day dinner with my lovely wife. Also self preservation...

Posted via CB10
    Brandon Orr likes this.
    02-14-14 02:52 PM
    What's new in this version?

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 02:53 PM
    so you want them to leak the os, and install it for you too? it literally took me less than 2 minutes to split the z30 auto loader, put the z10 radio in with os, and repack.
    02-14-14 02:54 PM
    So to be clear, for a non-destructive upgrade all I need to do is sideload the bars for the OS and the radio as well as all the other updated bars using sachesi?
    would I need to back up anything (calendar, contact, password keeper, etc)?
    Thats what I did. I did not wipe, no autoloader, side loaded the 2 bar files.
    Lengend presents OS autoloaders for all BlackBerry 10 smartphones-img_20140214_145931.png

Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    pvphooman and mundo472 like this.
    02-14-14 02:55 PM
    Happy Valeaktine's Day!

Posted via CB10
    Sooooo bad. LOL
    zamboni08 likes this.
    02-14-14 02:57 PM
    Thats what I did. I did not wipe, no autoloader, side loaded the 2 bar files.
    Posted by my device of choice. Might be a BlackBerry, might not be. It is of concern to you.
    Which two bar files? I just used Toobs link a few pages back and there were quite a few bar files. When I loaded these and used the autoloader for the radio file for my Q10, the software version did not change.

I figured it out and found the files earlier in the thread. I also see that Sachesi upgrade works, so trying that now.
    Last edited by robsteve; 02-14-14 at 03:16 PM.
    MobileMadness002 likes this.
    02-14-14 02:59 PM
    Sooooo bad. LOL
    Jesus Loves You!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:02 PM
    Sooooo bad. LOL
    Haven't you heard, if you don't have nothing nice to say, don't say nothing at all.
    It brings you bad luck and Karma!

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:03 PM
    I have a Z10 STL100-1...what I have to download to have the new OS??

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:05 PM
    I have a Z10 STL100-1...what I have to download to have the new OS??

Posted via CB10
    Read the very first comment in this post.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/
    FCSC likes this.
    02-14-14 03:06 PM
    hi there.will this Z10 full autoloader work on my Z10 STL100 - 3 ? or only on STL100-1? Or is just radio file?
    02-14-14 03:07 PM
    Maybe a dumb question but if I sideload all the bars from 10bars or sachesi will I have the same thing as using the auto loader?

STL100-4, .1925 OS, .1926 radio
    02-14-14 03:07 PM
    Ok, just installed on my Z30. All fine until now

Posted via CB10
    plonga likes this.
    02-14-14 03:16 PM
    Is anyone willing to post some instructions on how to use Sachesi to do this "nondestructive" OS install? I've seen bits and pieces here and there throughout this thread but no step by step. BB old timer in need of a lesson. JC
    wolfee48 likes this.
    02-14-14 03:19 PM
    Works like a champ.

I installed Sachesi and downloaded the version for the Z10-2 (I have a 100-3 though). Installed all of the bars with the same tool. Non disruptive install was great. I also took the tool and split the Z30 OS and Radio, and reassembled it with the Z10-3 radio. So if I had to do an autoloader that would work also...

Thanks for all the info...and the leaks
    02-14-14 03:21 PM
    What's the difference between this leak and the official

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:25 PM
    Just loaded using Sachesi, up and running, all looks super.
    Won't worry about battery life until it has settled for 48 hours or so.
    Z10 on Verizon for what it's worth.
    Same phone, same carrier, and I don't see the files in Sachesi. Am I doing something wrong?
    mbanole03 likes this.
    02-14-14 03:28 PM
    Is anyone willing to post some instructions on how to use Sachesi to do this "nondestructive" OS install? I've seen bits and pieces here and there throughout this thread but no step by step. BB old timer in need of a lesson. JC
    Let me try if this works..

As usual, this tutorial is a "do it at your own risks" one. Neither CrackBerry nor the author can be held responsible of any problem you may have after you choose to upgrade your device using this
    unofficial and unsupported by BlackBerry and Carriers procedure.

Unfortunately, many of us have lazy carriers when it comes to OS upgrades distribution.
    Fortunately, there are several methods you can use to get things done and get the best you deserve for your device.

Respect these rules of thumb:

0. Read all this tutorial before you start. Have a global idea of what it implies.
    1. Do not start this if you don't have at least two hours; you can't speed anything and this (~ twice the minimal estimated time) delay must be in your mind.
    2. Always perform a full backup before you do this. ALWAYS.
    3. You should NEVER interrupt the process until it's over. This is a long process, just be patient as the progression % may be stuck or seem stuck sometimes. Just go away and let the process run.
    4. Use genuine BlackBerry USB cable
    5. If you can, avoid USB3 ports (recent computers) and choose USB2 ones.
    6. Last but not least : Check that you have +/- 1.5 GB* of free space on your internal memory. Unlike the OTA process, Sachesi - as of date - do not check available space. If not, move/delete files and/or uninstall apps until you have enough space.
    (* this is an estimation for a +/- 1GB total update)

You will need the following elements/infos

1. You need to identify the OS you're about to load on your device. Choose a working OS for your device type and model

On your device, identify the exact [type - model] into settings/about - Hardware (drop down list).
    Current options: [Z10 - STL100-x], [Z30 - STA100-x], [Q10 - SQN100-x], [Q5 - SQR100-x] (with x within 1-6 range).
    Don't bother, just write it down.

You will also need specific countries and carriers codes (where the updates are)
    Look into this list, there's anything you need : https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...e_country_code
    MCC code goes for the Country code, MNC for the Carrier code, Brand for the Carrier name.
    Attachment 247354
    Country/carrier code samples

Important note: All OSes distributions are international. In theory, this means that if you respect your device type and model, any combination of country/carrier is likely to match.

2. You have to download Sachesi (Windows, Linux, Mac) here : Sachesi - Firmware Extractor, Searcher and Installer-Qtness Development

Let's do it

1. Did I mention to backup ? I'm quite sure you didn't: DO IT (plug your device, open Link backup/restore - full backup). You don't have the time ? Stop here and come back when you have it.

2. Turn your device on airplane mode. That's a personal tip I use and I strongly recommend it, while not mandatory. (settings/Networks and connections/airplane mode)

3. As you've just performed a backup, Link should be open. Close it. If you're a naughty student and didn't backup, be sure Link is not open because we don't want it to perform behind the scene sync or access the device. Remember that by default Links starts when you plug your device, so that you have to wait up to 3 minutes to be sure Link is not starting/started. Anyhow: close it.

4. Launch Sachesi and type/select the relevant infos

Attachment 247356
    Sachesi params sample (France/Orange/Z10 STL100-2)

Then click "search". If an update is available, you should get this :

Attachment 247357
    Sachesi update found

Click on "Download All" and let it go. Remember we're talking about large downloads here, potentially 1GB or more. Sachesi will download all the upgrade files within a subfolder (under the one you've launched Sachesi from) with the OS version label.

Attachment 247362
    Sachesi files download in progress

Now, let the magic play. Sachesi will fake your device and start a wired upgrade, exactly like if you've had performed it OTA (Over The Air, read : wifi).

In Sachesi, now click on the "Install" tab and, if requested, type in your password. You should get this :

Attachment 247364
    Sachesi install screen

Hit the [Install:] "Folder" button and navigate/select the folder where Sachesi downloaded files during previous step.

Attachment 247365
    Sachesi selection of Installation folder sample (sry for French ...)

Click on "Select Folder"; the update starts :

Attachment 247366
    Sachesi update in progress screen

Note that your device is now in Software Update mode ... just be patient ! DO NOT interrupt.

Leave your device alone, do not use it, do not unplug it ... just wait until the normal update process is over.

When finished, Sachesi will display (hopefully) a success screen and your device will restart (this can take a while, again : DO NOT interrupt. Just wait)

Attachment 247369
    Sachesi success screen

Enjoy you fresh up to date OS install.
    Holy Zorro Batman: You're the best

Real life side notes :
    - I've been through the whole process while creating this tutorial and the total time (without backup, I'm doing this on a clean spare device) is approximatively one hour. Add up to 1 hour for the backup.

- When my device restarted, I experienced a freaky thing : I was unable to type the device password, numbers were unresponsive. I canceled the security screen, waited for 5-10 minutes (I'm pretty sure there's a LOT of things happening during first restart and I don't like that much force interrupting those) then pressed the top on/off button and tapped "restart". This second restart was pretty long (~3 minutes+) but when finished, my kb was typing ok.

Last but not least, a special hat off to xsacha for making my (an hopefully yours) CrackBerrian life better, visit his thread and if you feel like me, there's several way you can let him know, starting with a thanks !

This will be a sticky ASAP

Hmm I guess it won't show images until it is out of hiding... but you get the gist of it.
    02-14-14 03:28 PM
    Came as update. According to other forum it's exchange bug fix and new android player

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:29 PM
    Installed on my Z30 STA100-5 using sachesi. Works like a charm.
    02-14-14 03:32 PM
1,399 ... 1112131415 ...