12-25-13 08:12 PM
71 123
tools
    So first of all, Thanks to Mecca and Legend!

I know how to sideload and all but what do I do with this? Do I have to check versions one by one and install the most recent?

Or should I just install them all?

I'm on the newest leak 1925.

Thanks!
    12-25-13 04:59 PM
    Thanks to Lengend for this and to Mecca for providing the files.

Happy Holidays!

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:02 PM
    The sweet sound of angry Crackberrians, after their devices become non responsive, and have to painstakingly reload their OS.

Funny thing is, you never loaded any of these, or you would have pulled the safe bar files and dumped the rest.

Good luck, winner.

Posted via CB10
    Funny nobody mentioned that before. Forewarned is forearmed. Thanks Mecca.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-25-13 05:09 PM
    Sys.sideload is explicitly disabled on production devices, the Android runtime is ancient, the social media apps are old too, Password Keeper has been released already and neither the Qt5 nor exFAT bars do anything.

In short, this release is if you like finger painting.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:12 PM
    Sys.sideload is explicitly disabled on production devices, the Android runtime is ancient, the social media apps are old too, Password Keeper has been released already and neither the Qt5 nor exFAT bars do anything.

In short, this release is if you like finger painting.

Posted via CB10
    Is there anyway we can get sys.sideload to work or do we have to be whitelisted?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:16 PM
    Sys.sideload is explicitly disabled on production devices
    Does that mean that I can install it on my pre-production device?
    12-25-13 05:17 PM
    Very little of interest here, especially considering how old this is. Personally I would recommend reading Mecca's post and NOT loading this. I'm all for people providing good leaks (yes lengend, even when it's you) but it would be nice if this one had come with a warning for those unsuspecting folks who think this is something newer, better and more interesting (because it was internal) than the other recent leaks.
    moyah8, etnt7 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-25-13 05:18 PM
    Does that mean that I can install it on my pre-production device?
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:18 PM
    Maybe, but I doubt it.

Posted via CB10
    Doesn't work
    12-25-13 05:25 PM
    I take this as something he just released for folks to play with,he said most were old, and the camera bar is good for 10.2.1.1295 go down, yall should try it, got something nice in there , it's been going around in the underground a while, don't know why cb never got it.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:25 PM
    By the way. Mecca never provided me these files lol.

It was the answer to the riddle and someone got it haha

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by lengend; 12-25-13 at 05:40 PM.
    12-25-13 05:28 PM
    By the way. Mecca never provided me these files lol.

He was the answer to the riddle and someone got it haha

Posted via CB10
    Was it me?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by pkcable; 12-25-13 at 05:47 PM.
    12-25-13 05:35 PM
    I take this as something he just released for folks to play with,he said most were old, and the camera bar is good for 10.2.1.1295 go down, yall should try it, got something nice in there , it's been going around in the underground a while, don't know why cb never got it.

Posted via CB10
    Let you in on a secret. CB never got it because the original source who gave it to a certain disbanded group had specifically stated this was NOT to be released as there would be a risk he could be exposed and could lose his job on the back of these.
    So I'll be honest, I am not too happy about this being leaked now after all. I fully understand people wanting to play around with the files, but we all know that not every OS ends up getting leaked. And usually those that don't make it here are not leaked for a reason. For me it's a disappointment to see lengend (apparently after coaxing from Kris, who was fully aware of the situation) chose 'online fame' over protecting someone's job, someone who had stated very clearly what the rules were when he decided to entrust us with this.

I might get yelled at, might get an infraction, might be banned, who knows, but I'm sick and tired of seeing the games some people play. Nearly everyone within BL took responsibility in these situations. Some considered/consider themselves above others, regardless of possible consequences. And for the record, I'm not bitter, I just think it shows a huge lack of respect to the source and I think the source deserves much much better from us.

But hey, it's the holidays and I believe in karma. Merry Christmas!
    12-25-13 05:37 PM
    Let you in on a secret. CB never got it because the original source who gave it to a certain disbanded group had specifically stated this was NOT to be released as there would be a risk he could be exposed and could lose his job on the back of these.
    So I'll be honest, I am not too happy about this being leaked now after all. I fully understand people wanting to play around with the files, but we all know that not every OS ends up getting leaked. And usually those that don't make it here are not leaked for a reason. For me it's a disappointment to see lengend (apparently after coaxing from Kris, who was fully aware of the situation) chose 'online fame' over protecting someone's job, someone who had stated very clearly what the rules were when he decided to entrust us with this.

I might get yelled at, might get an infraction, might be banned, who knows, but I'm sick and tired of seeing the games some people play. Nearly everyone within BL took responsibility in these situations. Some considered/consider themselves above others, regardless of possible consequences. And for the record, I'm not bitter, I just think it shows a huge lack of respect to the source and I think the source deserves much much better from us.

But hey, it's the holidays and I believe in karma. Merry Christmas!
    Very well said...I didn't chime.in before but this is exactly why this was never released.
    I guess some people put 'fame' before the good of others livelyhood...

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 05:44 PM
    The sweet sound of angry Crackberrians, after their devices become non responsive, and have to painstakingly reload their OS.

Funny thing is, you never loaded any of these, or you would have pulled the safe bar files and dumped the rest.

Good luck, winner.

Posted via CB10
    These are exactly my sentiments. Whilst I appreciate the leak, I think the risks are not fully mentioned.

Posted via CB10 on my Q10SQN100-3/10.2.1.1925
    VeniceBB and Mecca EL like this.
    12-25-13 05:52 PM
    And the drama continues... anyways *grabs popcorn*

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    12-25-13 05:55 PM
    Very well said...I didn't chime.in before but this is exactly why this was never released.
    I guess some people put 'fame' before the good of others livelyhood...

Posted via CB10
    Who put fame first? You guys lost access cause you pushed for 576 to get released for fame knowing damn well BlackBerry is cracking down on leakers.

L wins the war
    12-25-13 05:56 PM
    Who put fame first? You guys lost access cause you pushed for 576 to get released for fame knowing damn well BlackBerry is cracking down on leakers.

L wins the war
    Legend, don't be that guy. Please.

Lbfe was classy. Kris started the ego thing. Don't take his place.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:02 PM
    Hey I'm all for if it had rules, but can just the camera bar lead to him being exposed?

And well there's a lot of people in the team didn't follow rules, let's not come down on legend for this....cause I knew about it before, I didn't have it...but I knew.

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:06 PM
    What's new in the camera?

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:08 PM
    I don't know who is leaking these, but I think this is wrong. I enjoy OS leaks, but leaking apps that aren't supposed for us to see can damage a company.
    bradu1 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-25-13 06:15 PM
    What's new in the camera?

Posted via CB10
    Force closing, apparently.
    12-25-13 06:15 PM
    Hey I'm all for if it had rules, but can just the camera bar lead to him being exposed?

And well there's a lot of people in the team didn't follow rules, let's not come down on legend for this....cause I knew about it before, I didn't have it...but I knew.

Posted via CB10
    Don't forget this is an internal build, a very limited release. So yes, releasing anything from it to the public could expose the source. Also, there's a difference between 'just' knowledge or putting it completely out in the open AND sharing it. I'm not just coming down on lengend, I'm also coming down on Kris because they were the ones that actually released and/or encouraged release whilst knowing these rules. Nothing against you SirJes, I appreciate you asking these questions and I am well aware that sometimes things get out that aren't supposed to get out... but not usually in this way after being made aware by the source what the risks are.
    Anyhow, I felt it was important to be honest about the backstory here and I've said my piece. It's up to others to decide if and how it will affect their opinion on things.
    moyah8 and Mecca EL like this.
    12-25-13 06:16 PM
    Don't forget this is an internal build, a very limited release. So yes, releasing anything from it to the public could expose the source. Also, there's a difference between 'just' knowledge or putting it completely out in the open AND sharing it. I'm not just coming down on lengend, I'm also coming down on Kris because they were the ones that actually released and/or encouraged release whilst knowing these rules. Nothing against you SirJes, I appreciate you asking these questions and I am well aware that sometimes things get out that aren't supposed to get out... but not usually in this way after being made aware by the source what the risks are.
    Anyhow, I felt it was important to be honest about the backstory here and I've said my piece. It's up to others to decide if and how it will affect their opinion on things.
    If that was the case Wu-Wei should of never released Password Keeper.

L wins the war
    deezy87 likes this.
    12-25-13 06:24 PM
    Force closing, apparently.
    Not if you're on lower than 1925

Posted via CB10
    12-25-13 06:27 PM
71 123