07-22-14 01:19 PM
1,619 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    After a couple of downloads using torrent, is all it takes for a user to get used to it, which applies to everything! I even found mega confusing the first few times I tried it and Torrent is more reliable too, you can resume whenever u want not, worrying about network problem or crashes etc. A few seeders is all it takes to make it a healthy torrent file!
    I hope someone would put these on torrent, because it greatly helps people who doesn't have wifi or unlimited data and can reliably download without worrying about getting the download stopped like at 99% and all and having to redo it again!!

Posted via Z30
    You got your wish, at least for the Q version! http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post10319071 Make sure to thank FCSC

And I do get what you're saying. Torrents are easy once you've figured out how to work them and they are a perfect solution in the cases you describe. The reality for some people though is that even though they want to learn how to use them, they just don't manage to figure them out. I can see how someone less technically inclined can get confused, especially with the many types of files and archives that are available as torrents. Of course this is mostly an issue when it comes to media (music, movies, books etc). But there's also firewall issues many people run into. A beginners' guide to torrents in plain simple language might help them along some. Maybe we should look into writing one, or start a thread somewhere to help people who want to use torrents for leaks but run into problems. Then again, if people are happy using Mega there's no need to 'force' them into using torrents.

edit; oops, and while I was typing my essay you already noticed the torrent link that's been put up.
    jevinzac likes this.
    05-05-14 10:52 AM
    I just used Mega and downloaded in 4 minutes
    I can only dream of those speeds

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 10:52 AM
    You don't have to, just download the loader, extract it and point sachi to install the folder that you extracted
    He's seriously trying to tell thurask what works and what doesn't?

Cool bro, but don't complain here when your device bricks.
    tomsobon and PJD642 like this.
    05-05-14 10:55 AM
    I can only dream of those speeds

Posted via CB10
    Make it 4 days in india
    So why can't you just extract the loader and install the folder via Sachi? Seems like the easiest solution for the ones having issues with restores
    I prefer to pull down the update from BlackBerry servers because then I know it's a full release as opposed to a leak. I'm just not fond of installing non-release potentially BETA software.

Posted via CB10 via Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.2947
    Changelog?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 10:56 AM
    sure, it's plug and play, but then you spend an hour reloading all android Apps :|
    I'm assuming you didn't load with the autoloader for 10.2.1.2947 ? BlackBerry link saved all android apps and loaded all android apps back on my device. So yes...it is pretty much plug and play. Maybe an update for BlackBerry link might be required for yours to do the same thing.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    05-05-14 10:59 AM
    Changelog?

Posted via CB10
    Right in this thread on page 5, thanks to Thurask http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post10318824
    05-05-14 11:00 AM
    I'm still on 2102. I got off leaking. It was hard. As hard as kicking a coffee addiction! But I'm just so happy with my phone. No complaints. But interested to see if any new features are on this? Waiting to hear back. maybe I will install in a week.
    05-05-14 11:03 AM
    Right in this thread on page 5, thanks to Thurask http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post10318824
    That's all technical man.
    05-05-14 11:04 AM
    They've always all backed up. It's the restore part that never put them back on the device. (Until .2947, that is.)

(Black Z10. Because the Blacker the 'Berry, the sweeter the use.)
    And that was my point...not here for a fight just making a suggestion now that ApK's are now backed up.

Posted Via my Kick @ss BlackBerry Z30
    05-05-14 11:05 AM
    That's all technical man.
    "These ones are newer"?

Speaking of which, the versions of Calulator, Compass and Weather in BB World are older than what's on the device, so don't upgrade those. Or do, who cares?
    Carjackd, VeniceBB, ubizmo and 6 others like this.
    05-05-14 11:06 AM
    You got your wish, at least for the Q version! http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post10319071 Make sure to thank FCSC

And I do get what you're saying. Torrents are easy once you've figured out how to work them and they are a perfect solution in the cases you describe. The reality for some people though is that even though they want to learn how to use them, they just don't manage to figure them out. I can see how someone less technically inclined can get confused, especially with the many types of files and archives that are available as torrents. Of course this is mostly an issue when it comes to media (music, movies, books etc). But there's also firewall issues many people run into. A beginners' guide to torrents in plain simple language might help them along some. Maybe we should look into writing one, or start a thread somewhere to help people who want to use torrents for leaks but run into problems. Then again, if people are happy using Mega there's no need to 'force' them into using torrents.

edit; oops, and while I was typing my essay you already noticed the torrent link that's been put up.
    Yeah I have a Z30 though :P
    People are happy using Mega for leaks because that is the only option they have! Maybe Lengend should create a thread asking for opinions about "whether do you want my next leaks in torrent or mega". So he can go with the majority.

Posted via Z30
    VeniceBB likes this.
    05-05-14 11:07 AM
    For those having issues with Mega, consider this. I had those issues once upon a time. Then, I read a post in a leak thread a about importing the file. Set up your own Mega account. Then, when you click on a Mega download link you are presented with two options: Download and Import. Import the file to your new Mega account, then download the file from there. It worked wonders for me, and seems much quicker than downloading the "shared" file. I haven't had an interrupted or bad download from Mega since then. And, I always have the file available again if I need it.

Hope this helps.
    05-05-14 11:09 AM
    Well still no Z10 download and no update on downloads for 3 hours now......

Has Chen sent the boys around to do Lengend's kneecaps?
    marknmel and wolffkrieger like this.
    05-05-14 11:11 AM
    For those having issues with Mega, consider this. I had those issues once upon a time. Then, I read a post in a leak thread a about importing the file. Set up your own Mega account. Then, when you click on a Mega download link you are presented with two options: Download and Import. Import the file to your new Mega account, then download the file from there. It worked wonders for me, and seems much quicker than downloading the "shared" file. I haven't had an interrupted or bad download from Mega since then. And, I always have the file available again if I need it.

Hope this helps.
    Yeah I have noticed that option too! But what does it actually mean? Does it mean uploading the whole file from the original location to our mega account, then we can download it from there which will use double the data or just importing it without using any data?
    And another problem with mega, is you either need Chrome or mega client to download it. So that means you can't download from BBOS7 devices .

Posted via Z30
    05-05-14 11:13 AM
    Well still no Z10 download and no update on downloads for 3 hours now......

Has Chen sent the boys around to do Lengend's kneecaps?
    RIP in peace Lengend.

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 11:13 AM
    People asking for change logs just have to read. I understand the thread is going like crazy, but I'm at work and haven't missed a beat. Thanks to CB10 it picks up right where I left off. Same thing every leak. Just read or keep up. Just sayin

Via CB10 Rockin Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.140
    05-05-14 11:14 AM

Hope this helps.
    Any tips that might help Lengend with uploads....
    05-05-14 11:15 AM
    Who knows if we start using torrent for leaks, we might get an official Bittorrent app for BlackBerry 10 :P. Cuz this was the case with mega.

Posted via Z30
    RIP in peace Lengend.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Relax. Don't joke. And if you do, get it right

Nharzhool likes this.
    I am also looking for sachesi setup. Tired with auto loaders and then doing everything a fresh.

Pin:2B631BE4 Posted by CB10
    05-05-14 11:17 AM
    I am also looking for sachesi setup. Tired with auto loaders and then doing everything a fresh.

Nothing yet, although my suspicion is that if this were to get on production servers, it would be around the time of the Z3 launch (i.e. a week or two).
    Flatman likes this.
    05-05-14 11:18 AM

But that's always good. I feel. No carry over of corrupt files or as wigley says, backup and restore.

05-05-14 11:18 AM
    Yeah I have noticed that option too! But what does it actually mean? Does it mean uploading the whole file from the original location to our mega account, then we can download it from there which will use double the data or just importing it without using any data?
    And another problem with mega, is you either need Chrome or mega client to download it. So that means you can't download from BBOS7 devices .

Posted via Z30
    Sorry, I should have been more clear, in hindsight. The import is from the original poster's account to your account, all taking place on the Mega server(s). You've downloaded nothing at this point. You're only using bandwidth when you download the file from your account.
    jevinzac and Mecca EL like this.
    05-05-14 11:19 AM
1,619 ... 7891011 ...