07-22-14 02:19 PM
1,619 ... 3839404142 ...
tools
    IMHO, All "signed.bar" files downloaded from Blackberry server are Non destructive (Core OS + Apps + Radio).

Well A) these were not obtained directly from the public BlackBerry server, and B) the file posted as "non-destructive" in this thread is never used as an OTA update file, certainly not officially supported for end-users to play with. It is AFAIK normally used only for internal BlackBerry purposes.

You can use it for an incremental update, but you have to extract all the app BAR files out of it and sideload those separately. (I prefer to do the app BAR files first)

The other problem is since the only radios that have been presented here are .SIGNED files, those CANNOT be sideloaded with Sachesi, they MUST be used in an autoloader. And that presents other problems as discussed above, particularly if the last OS update you did (including of this OS just prior to trying to load a radio) was an OTA/non-destructive/in-place update. Because many people have found trying to load a radio via an autoloader to a device in that state bricks the device.
    mhhH4RI likes this.
    05-07-14 08:06 AM
    Does this new radio file make 3.1 work on z30

Posted via CB10
    If you are asking if the radio from this build gives call and text capabilities to the leaked OS 10.3, then the answer is NO. I'm confirming because that's the combination i'm using right now.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z30
    05-07-14 08:07 AM
    I had the same problem. The trick is to drill down by forum in CB10, and not just go to your Subscribed list, as I usually do. If you open a subforum, and *gently* pull down from the top, you'll see a bar that has a "Stickies" link on it, right in the middle. I never wouldn't have known it was there (not sure how many newer members would), and it's just not the way I read the forums in CB10, so I have to remember to look. But it's there.

But isn't that from the mobile browser? I don't see stickies using CB10 app. When I pull down on the screen I just get the settings menu.

Posted via CB10 - the app that may or may not exist
    05-07-14 08:09 AM
    With some OS updates, I've found that I have to wait a bit (half hour? can't remember exactly) before all of my contacts show up again.

It's common, actually. And another thing left undocumented by BlackBerry that really needs to be documented. Because this confuses tons of people and causes them to do all sorts of bad things like pulling the battery several times and so forth.

It takes a while for the device to populate, index and cache the various databases on the device, and the contacts database is one of the most obvious examples of that. That is one of the key reasons why the battery usage is so high after an OS update - particularly if it is a "fresh" (not incremental/OTA) update. (Though an OTA/incremental can do this too - depending on some other variables, ie if it was not able to successfully do an incremental update due to the state of the existing OS on the device.)
    Ragbert likes this.
    05-07-14 08:10 AM
    Well A) these were not obtained directly from the public BlackBerry server, and B) the file posted as "non-destructive" in this thread is never used as an OTA update file, certainly not officially supported for end-users to play with. It is AFAIK normally used only for internal BlackBerry purposes.

You can use it for an incremental update, but you have to extract all the app BAR files out of it and sideload those separately. (I prefer to do the app BAR files first)

The other problem is since the only radios that have been presented here are .SIGNED files, those CANNOT be sideloaded with Sachesi, they MUST be used in an autoloader. And that presents other problems as discussed above, particularly if the last OS update you did (including of this OS just prior to trying to load a radio) was an OTA/non-destructive/in-place update. Because many people have found trying to load a radio via an autoloader to a device in that state bricks the device.
    I see.. I might be miss it, we're talking about this leak, right ? Just a bit confusing about your post #970 to answer post #966.
    Thanks for explanation anyway..
    05-07-14 08:25 AM
    Pull down gently

Posted via CB10
    Nope. Not in cb10 app. Besides it's a black background not white so I know the example given was in mobile browser

anon721037 and Mecca EL like this.
    05-07-14 08:37 AM
    Also accessible via the overflow
    Attachment 268215

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    Again that's in mobile browser not CB10 app

Mecca EL and Emgell like this.
    05-07-14 08:38 AM

To do that sideloading of the app bar files you have to download the whole autoloader and then extract from it the bar files? Or someone has all the links already?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 08:39 AM
    Again that's in mobile browser not CB10 app

That's cb10 app on z10 and Paul using 10.3 os u can see the watermark pin Lol

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 08:40 AM
    Don't believe this has been mentioned (following the thread pretty closely) but, when clicking on the select more option in emails for deletion, it now gives the popup option to delete from hub or delete from hub and server. Previously, I physically had to open the email then select delete for it to give me this option. Otherwise it would have just deleted on both by default. This is something that I had queried Clewley about early on in the 10.2.1.xxxx evolution
    Omg! You're right. What's funny is I had just used "select more" to delete & was giving option to choose hub or hub & server. I forgot that wasn't there before until I read your post. LoL

I probably would have realized it in a few days. I can be a little slow sometimes

LP_Rigg and Mecca EL like this.
    05-07-14 08:41 AM
    After playing around for a day, I've noticed Overall speed increase,less network dropping (well I'm in wrong carrier) the speakers while playing music has more bass than before. I've only had one freeze, well the hub wasn't responsive and I had to restart the phone but other than that smooth sailing.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 08:42 AM
    That's cb10 app on z10 and Paul using 10.3 os u can see the watermark pin Lol

Posted via CB10
    Omg!! You're RIGHT!!!! I don't know why I ever doubted Usman & Pdinos3. Shame on me.

Lengend Presents: 10.2.1.3175 for ALL devices-img_20140507_084306.png

I just hadn't gone deep enough into the forum before.

Now, how can I have white instead of black in the app?

05-07-14 08:45 AM
    Watch out for the downloads from some of the mirror sites. I ended up with that terrible mysearch virus and it has taken me hours to clean up my registry and browsers.
    Have had something happen to me ( not this time) and it only happens to me when I use Google Chrome.

anon721037 likes this.
    05-07-14 08:48 AM
    I know everyone says this when they install a leak but this leak is actually faster. The touch response is quicker and just the overall OS is quicker. This has been the only leak in my experience where I've felt the performance has improved.

Posted via CB10
    I have loaded MANY leaks. I agree this is one that for me, showed marked increase in general speed, unlike many others. I like the new delete option when more than one msg is chosen. BT working just fine. I was able to load a previously purchased song that BlackBerry World kept saying "there was a problem with the download ". Android apps restored just fine (sweet!).

The only problem is I'm back to multiple copies of many contacts. Like, 50 copies. Big pia, but worth it.

Posted via CB10
    11pts and Mecca EL like this.
    05-07-14 08:52 AM
    Omg!! You're RIGHT!!!! I don't know why I ever doubted Usman & Pdinos3. Shame on me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140507_084306.png 
Views:	2075 
Size:	112.8 KB 
ID:	268339

I just hadn't gone deep enough into the forum before.

Now, how can I have white instead of black in the app?

You want white,alright

Give me your z30 and I will give you z10 and you can have white cb 10 *dancing *rotfl

Posted via CB10
    moody, Ragbert and Mecca EL like this.
    05-07-14 09:00 AM
    To do that sideloading of the app bar files you have to download the whole autoloader and then extract from it the bar files? Or someone has all the links already?

You should be able to use Sachesi or Darcy's tool to extract the app BAR files from the debrick file.

Take the debrick BAR file, copy it to a new file with zip extension, ie "TEMP.ZIP".

Using a ZIP extractor, extracted the .SIGNED file inside.

Use Sachesi's "Extract" feature to extract the app BAR files from the .SIGNED file. It will create a folder in the location of the original file and place all the app BAR files in there.

Use Sachesi to load all the app BAR files, and then if you have not already done so, load the radio (via autoloader or CFP) and OS debrick BAR file. (via Sachesi)

Bear in mind that the only radios released so far are only usable in an autoloader (or the CFP tool, but that's kind of esoteric for most people), and sometimes radio autoloaders will brick devices that had their OS previously loaded non-destructively.

So do at least one full backup before proceeding, if you have important data.

Or if your last OS load was "fresh" (ie "Reload device software" from Link, or using an OS autoloader), you might try loading the radio file FIRST, as it will be less likely to brick the device, then load the app BAR files with Sachesi, then load the debrick OS BAR file using Sachesi.
    I agree with both of you. I want the non-destruct version via Sachesi for the same reasons, no time and I'm tired of wiping and resetting up as I don't trust restore since a corrupted file could be hiding in the data. Not worth the trouble. On the other hand, if I have the issue at bay and it's not a problem, I don't want to wake it up and have the same issues again. Anyone that's done this a lot like most of us, know what I'm talking about. I'll probably do a full wipe/Autoload with 10.3 (or sooner) as it's been a while now.
    I backed up both my Q10 & Z30, ran autoloader then restored both.

Only thing I had to do was re-enter passwords to accounts. Everything was as before leak even Android apps. AND they were in the same folders & settings & passwords were still in those. As well as games.

Both phones took less than an hour combined.

Make sure you have latest version of Link.

P.s. I don't do a security wipe. Maybe that's what causes problems?

anon721037 likes this.
    Installed on z10 stl-2
    I'm unable to delete the preloaded BB10 Tutorial (app).
    Anyone else have this problem ? ? ?
    05-07-14 09:09 AM
    For some reason the Documents to Go BAR file(s) frequently get stubborn when loaded as BAR files. Since they are not core files and don't affect booting the device, just load all the other BAR files, then either try to do an update using BlackBerry World for Documents to Go, or uninstall Documents to Go and re-install it via BlackBerry World. Or alternatively, try loading the BAR files again later by themselves, sometimes that works.
    That is incorrect.
    Manifest mismatch means bad bar file extraction. I know sachesi has problems with doc to go. Use Darcy's tool

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:13 AM
    A little late to the party,but firing up this leak on my Z10 in a few! will let you guys know the changes if I see any.

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:23 AM
    Non destructive only for 001?

Or did I miss something?

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    05-07-14 09:23 AM
    Non destructive only for 001?

Or did I miss something?

Posted via Verizon Z10 - OS v10.1.2.2174
    For non stl1

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:25 AM
    Installed on z10 stl-2
    I'm unable to delete the preloaded BB10 Tutorial (app).
    Anyone else have this problem ? ? ?
    You can't on the latest version as they are tagged as permanent in the manifest. Your only hope is to get your hands on an early tutorial bar file (sys.howto) and sideload that and then uninstall. This is why I prefer the non-destructive method so I don't have to fool around with that nonsense.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    05-07-14 09:44 AM
    That is incorrect.
    Manifest mismatch means bad bar file extraction. I know sachesi has problems with doc to go. Use Darcy's tool

In my experience it works sometimes but not others, so while it certainly could be the tool (it does do "weird things" sometimes), it definitely doesn't seem to fail consistently on those files.

As for "incorrect" - I fail to see how my advice to uninstall/reinstall or update with BBW is "incorrect" - since it has certainly fixed the problem for me and others in the past.

Sometimes all one needs to do with Sachesi is close the app and open it again, and processes that failed a few minutes before then work fine.
    CyberMan2013 likes this.
    05-07-14 09:44 AM
    Alright... this is the message what I am getting from the threads... I can take a backup and run autoloader to install OS, after that all I have to do is restore from backup and all my android apps data will be back... correct?

Posted via CB10
    05-07-14 09:54 AM
1,619 ... 3839404142 ...