Android bars?
    Android runtime I assume

TechCraze C0008DDD1
    05-05-14 01:18 PM
    Thank you!
    05-05-14 01:18 PM
    Don't understand you say wow nice tnx
    Noone installed don't know what's new....or what bad
    I have installed it and Thurask has posted a list of changes. They appear to be mostly under the hood. Restoring APKs is still possible so that's good as a number of people were worried about that.
    Other than that, those of us who have downloaded and installed it need a little time to see how things run, it's impossible to do a full review or learn about the good/bad differences without running it for more than 5 minutes or an hour or two.
    That being said, most people do say thanks because they simply appreciate the fact they have the option to download the OS and give it a try for themselves. That alone is worthy of a 'thanks' for many people.
    05-05-14 01:20 PM
    bluetooth doesnt work, im on q10 sqn100-3, anyone experiencing the same?
    05-05-14 01:24 PM
    Only thing with the nuke -a is, attach phone, run command, wait few SeconDs, done

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 01:26 PM
    I have never had a problem loading a full debrick file or core OS via Sachesi. And I have loaded my fair share of autoloaders as well.

As far as the original premise from the other poster, it is really not a fair comparison to an OTA install as all the files for Sachesi would be on your local computer not subject to OTA errors. If that was the case, you could also download a corrupted autoloader.

On a different note, I am having such good luck on my Z10 stl100-3 at the moment with OS 2947 and Radio 2274 I am just going to extract the updated bars from this OS and load the ones I want - via Sachesi of course.
    OTA downloads a subject to a checksum process and is not initiated unless all files are downloaded correctly, so this process is not subject to download errors.

Sachesi (or other similar tools) requries you to download the upgrades first via the http protocol. Depending on how it is downloaded I assume you could end up witha corrupt download.
    For autoloaders I know I have had several bad downloads from Mega, where the .7z file would not unpack due to CRC errors.
    If you have a corrupt file (part of the OS) it cannot be loaded as the digital signing of the .bar will prevent it.

The issues I am referring to is the process of having a version N of any OS with apps and data and wanting to do an inplace upgrade to N+ (N being < N+). There are so many situations to think of with regards to upgrading settings and data and all experience shows it is complicated an prone to errors.

Just look at infrastructure projects and how many hours consultants (incl. my self) use to design, plan, test and implement upgrades and we still encounter situation not taken into account. Luckily we can often fix them after the upgrade.

On a BB10 device there is only one shot for the end user and any error is very hard to recover from. Basically you can try to remove an app or account and re-add it. Next step is wipe the device to clear the OS from all 3. party apps and data and configure it again. Usually I just run the autoloader, as it is quicker than performing a wipe. Any upgrades to the included apps may later be done through App World.

On the other hand: I *really* like my Z10 as it is right now. It has "survived" from 10.2.0 with updates through Sachesi only and is still running fast and battery is about a working day +/- depending on how much I use the device. Not having to configure everything again is a true pleasure.

Personally I have used both Sachesi and autoloaders. I have too seen issues with in-place upgrades: From 10.1 to 10.2 I did see problems with accounts being duplicated (e.g. 2 x Facebook accounts). I saw the same problem at a customer two days ago after he had done the same using an official OTA from 10.1 -> 10.2 -> 10.2.1 (duplicate LinkedIn accounts). It seemed that it was only cosmetic, but it reveals that BlackBerry unfortunately is not 100% on top of the in-place upgrade process. Theoretically you could also run into issues due to old data/settings not being upgraded correctly or even corrupt data from bugs in previous versions. As an enduser you can do very little about it other than hoping that BlackBerry has done their job well enough, so your specific setup/upgrade won't run into problems.

I think we all agree: Autoloaders in general is an easy and fast way to get a clean system running with the least chance of running into errors.
    Carjackd and Omnitech like this.
    05-05-14 01:30 PM
    Okay. So I've technically SIC wiped my Z30 before loading, then.
    Hi Thurask. Can you please describe your method for prepping and loading?
    Thanks in advance.

Via CB10 From Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947
    05-05-14 01:31 PM
    Anyone tried this os and:
    - 10.3.0.140 browser? (should work as it works ok with 10.2.1.2947)
    - 10.3.0.140 camera (not working with 2947 at the moment)

Posted via CB10 on glorious Z10 powered by 10.2.1.2947
    05-05-14 01:31 PM
    Okay. So I've technically SIC wiped my Z30 before loading, then.
    sorry for the noob question...but what are 'sic wipe' and 'cfg nuke -a'
    05-05-14 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the upload and sharing this

Is there a way like we had in the leaked os Q10 OS 10.2.1.2947 OS 10.2.1.2160 Radio 10.2.1.2235, that we can just "sideload" this OS over the OS? So that i can keep my data,settings,apps,android apps like they are.
    05-05-14 01:33 PM
    Don't tell me you want access to that closet, because i'm first in line, just in case there is a line.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    It's ok - I'm married. There are just too few women talking tech stuff and it makes the tech industri a bit boring, so let appreciate those women who are amonst us here on CB.

Personally I told my wife I want a 42U rack before she can get her walk-in closet. So far neither of us got what we want :-o
    Carjackd, HotFix, Flatman and 2 others like this.
    05-05-14 01:35 PM
    Hi Thurask. Can you please describe your method for prepping and loading?
    Thanks in advance.

Via CB10 From Scotland using Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.2947
    Move everything onto SD card from device storage
    Split autoloader
    cfp nuke -a
    cfp load (OS.signed) (radio.signed)
    Setup like new
    JamieWilson01 likes this.
    05-05-14 01:36 PM
    problem is mega sometime hang at 93 % and stay there forever, specially those who use Firefox.
    Also happens with Chrome. Seems like their JavaScript code is poorly tested for use with huge downloads.
    05-05-14 01:37 PM
    I just took the z30 autoloader, split the radio and OS, then i used an older radio for the Z10 stl100-3 and built my own autoloader.. works great so far
    05-05-14 01:40 PM
    sorry for the noob question...but what are 'sic wipe' and 'cfg nuke -a'
    SIC is a nice GUI that wraps around a script calling a program called cfg.exe several times to wipe the storage. I have my personal opinion about it, but you will have to find that in another (closed) thread. IMHO you should just run the autoloader and be happy you are done in a few minutes before you can start to setup your device.

Happy upgrading :-)
    moyah8, Omnitech, arnavrs and 1 others like this.
    Also happens with Chrome. Seems like their JavaScript code is poorly tested for use with huge downloads.
    i always use chrome and download the autoloaders off mega, never had a problem. Uploading it to dropbox if anyone needs..
    Uploading bars and Qxx/Z30 autoloaders to Bitcasa. Will take some time.
    moyah8, shorski, Flatman and 4 others like this.
    05-05-14 01:42 PM
    thanks, the mega links are clocking for me.
    05-05-14 01:43 PM
    Just tried the Z30 link for Mega....no go
    05-05-14 01:44 PM
    Quite a big jump in android runtime.

Has anyone seen any difference?

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 01:47 PM
    does bluetooth work for any of you with this leak?

edit: loaded 2274 radio, bluetooth worked just fine instantly
    05-05-14 01:51 PM
    let the waiting game begin!!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-05-14 01:55 PM
    Having only one issue, setting up my Evernote account. I restored from a backup I did.
    05-05-14 01:59 PM
    Do you guys still perform a Security wipe after the autoloader, before restoring?

is it really mandatory or advised?
    No. The autoloader clears your device completely. A lot of rumors will however tell you how fast and fantastic a wipe will make your device.
    This is my opinion and it will probably be challenged :-)

EDIT: Actually the device is not 100% deleted, as the device password will survive the autoloader.
    Last edited by jpvj; 05-05-14 at 02:27 PM.
    tomsobon likes this.
    05-05-14 02:01 PM
    Thx. I almost forgot Opera exists. Have you experienced it works better than Chrome and FF?
    micher and micher like this.
    05-05-14 02:02 PM
1,619 ... 1213141516 ...