03-13-14 03:07 PM
2,959 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    It really is an amazing version of BB10. It would be harder for unbiased reviews to pan BB10 if they saw 1925+1926. I'm glad you bucked-up and went for it. Congratulations.

As to Contacts. I would recommend you setup an Outlook.com account and move your contacts to that. That way they are stored in the cloud and will always return to new OSes and devices. Of course, we don't know what Microsoft might do with your contact information. So if that concerns you, keep them local. If you do keep them local, Fire Chest Backup may be another backup/restore option to consider.
    Thanks, I just actually realized that i didn't have my gmail contacts synced for some reason, as soon as I put in my gmail account again, and selected contacts, viola. All is good now
    01-10-14 09:35 AM
    OK I did a search and found nothing.
    I am new to loading leaks. I am wondering if I can do a full restore from 10.2.0.429 to 10.2.1.1925 with links with out any problems?
    eg. Black back ground still works, all contacts show up, and saved settings
    Thank You
    Yup, I did that, I backed up with link and Sachesi, and when I did the upgrade, I restored from Link and all was good. Minus a few issues I had with not resetting up my gmail contacts.
    01-10-14 09:36 AM
    It really is an amazing version of BB10. It would be harder for unbiased reviews to pan BB10 if they saw 1925+1926. I'm glad you bucked-up and went for it. Congratulations.

As to Contacts. I would recommend you setup an Outlook.com account and move your contacts to that. That way they are stored in the cloud and will always return to new OSes and devices. Of course, we don't know what Microsoft might do with your contact information. So if that concerns you, keep them local. If you do keep them local, Fire Chest Backup may be another backup/restore option to consider.
    Guess what, the news about BlackBerry seem to get a bit better: http://mobile.itbusinessedge.com/blo...urnaround.html

Posted via CB10
    lcgoldman and horyel like this.
    01-10-14 10:58 AM
    What phone did you do the update with? Mine is the Z30 STA100-5.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 11:06 AM
    What phone did you do the update with? Mine is the Z30 STA100-5.

Posted via CB10
    Z10 stl100-3
    01-10-14 12:09 PM
    Well 24hrs of use, I'm really impressed now. There is one thing I don't like at all, is the new call screen. I know they are heading that way of using the sideways to answer, but give us the option, I like swiping up or down to reject or accept a call (sorry my first dabble into 10.2.1xxx and i knew about the call screen, but since they are going this way anyways....)
    01-10-14 01:57 PM
    Hi guys! Can someone tell me if gapless playback is possible in standard music player in the latest leak?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 02:13 PM
    Too bad. I like the standard music player. My wife had a curve 8520 and it could play gapless.

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 03:11 PM
    After much searching and trying a couple of android players I downloaded the neutron player from blackberry world. In a word, awesome. Well worth the price.

Steve / Boanerges Performance
    01-10-14 03:50 PM
    Where can I find the .1295 os download? I'd like to use the contact bar. I couldn't find the original thread after 20 min. of searching...
    01-10-14 05:06 PM
    Does 10.2.1 allow for different volumes for each app? like having phone calls loud, and text messages at low volume?
    01-10-14 05:40 PM
    Does 10.2.1 allow for different volumes for each app? like having phone calls loud, and text messages at low volume?
    Unfortunately not. A master volume level and option for On/Off and the apps only option for sound is On/Off.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Joao Oliveira likes this.
    01-10-14 06:13 PM
    Unfortunately not. A master volume level and option for On/Off and the apps only option for sound is On/Off.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    Thanks mate
    01-10-14 06:21 PM
    Actually there are two or three volume settings. Notification, apps/media and, I believe phone. You can adjust notification and media volume in settings or, in some apps. I believe you can adjust phone volume only while on a call. I can't use the phone right now to test that.
    You're correct and I'm fairly certain it's been that way for a while now.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    01-10-14 10:20 PM
    Dude I must be slow or something. No matter what I do I can't get .Apk's to load. I'm always stuck on this screen. And when I say stuck I mean stuck for hours until I finally just close the Window.
    Attachment 236865

Posted via CB10
    Do a hard restart, I had the same problem and this worked for me on .1055. I haven't loaded the latest leak yet.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-14 10:29 PM
    Just want to share a link into a thread where I was having some major issues reloading the OS back onto my BBQ10. A CB member suggested I use your leak which didn't necessarily work for my phone (keyboard issues were present, see my last post on my thread linked below), but having used this leak did allow me to reload via Link which wasn't successful the first 900 times I attempted reloading my OS.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...change-892059/

For anyone with a complete crash on a Q10 who can't get their OS to load, please follow my link, there's some good help there without much other chitter chatter.
    01-11-14 12:31 AM
    I know this makes me sound incredibly incompetent, but I really wanna try out this 1925 leak that everyone is talking about (even though my first attempt went horribly wrong and almost bricked my phone)

I have white z10 - STL100-3, which leak am I supposed to be installing? Lengend's first post has like 3 different links for my model... or are they all just the same thing?
    01-11-14 02:26 AM
    I know this makes me sound incredibly incompetent, but I really wanna try out this 1925 leak that everyone is talking about (even though my first attempt went horribly wrong and almost bricked my phone)

I have white z10 - STL100-3, which leak am I supposed to be installing? Lengend's first post has like 3 different links for my model... or are they all just the same thing?
    Use STL-100 2/3/4 autoloader. It's all the same just different download mirrors.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 03:56 AM
    he has mentioned one for stl 3

01-11-14 04:00 AM
    I am on Z10 STL 100-1, 1925/1926, Network Reliance, Mumbai. India.

While answering calls, as I swipe left the slider stays to the left and sometimes doesn't answer the call, or connects in a delayed fashion. No surety of connection first time generally.

Help please?

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:00 AM
    thank you

any other person please if they can tell me by sideloading FACEBOOK app and can tell me if it is working flawlessly ??? any help would be greatly welcomed
    Any particular reason why you would like to know this, considering the native facebook app as well as the integrated facebook functionality in the hub already work flawlessly and are constantly being improved? I doubt many people would want to use the Android version when the native works great. When you start to use BB10 you might understand why most users seem to prefer native apps over Android apps (including ports).

For me, when I switch to using Android apps (whether it's on a bb10 or Android device) it feels like I'm taking a step down or backwards in terms of user experience and user interface style. I generally find the Android app way of navigating menus to be quite mundane compared to the what BlackBerry has brought to the table with it's peek and flow paradigm - which everyone else seems to be trying to catch up to now. The good thing is that no one is standing still and the other mobile "OSes" are improving in the right direction, however I find BlackBerry 10 to be very consistent and much more multi-dimensional as opposed to the flat, plain touch this icon, menu opens, select option, screen changes, press back to go back to the precious screen of Android apps. To me most of the Android Apps UI's feel like a glorified webpage. Now many people don't seem to mind that - I guess because they don't know better, but to me it always feels like something huge is missing when I use other platforms and also Apps from other platforms. That said I still appreciate the ability to use the Android apps on my BlackBerry because it really does close the App gap. Just needs to continue moving in the direction it's heading and be even more and more seamless and compatible and basically transparent to the user and truly give the user the best of both worlds. It would be good if BlackBerry themselves could dedicate resources towards maintaining a compatibility list for example instead of just having a disclaimer.

I doubt Apple would have implemented something like that the way BlackBerry did because Apple seems to be a company that doesn't like their users to have to be disappointed in any way when something doesn't work as the user might want it to work. It must work as it's supposed to with no "buts" or caveats or potential compatibility issues or tinkering to tie up and disappoint the user who may not understand all of the reasons why.

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 05:54 AM
    Any particular reason why you would like to know this, considering the native facebook app as well as the integrated facebook functionality in the hub already work flawlessly and are constantly being improved? I doubt many people would want to use the Android version when the native works great. When you start to use BB10 you might understand why most users seem to prefer native apps over Android apps (including ports).

For me, when I switch to using Android apps (whether it's on a bb10 or Android device) it feels like I'm taking a step down or backwards in terms of user experience and user interface style. I generally find the Android app way of navigating menus to be quite mundane compared to the what BlackBerry has brought to the table with it's peek and flow paradigm - which everyone else seems to be trying to catch up to now. The good thing is that no one is standing still and the other mobile "OSes" are improving in the right direction, however I find BlackBerry 10 to be very consistent and much more multi-dimensional as opposed to the flat, plain touch this icon, menu opens, select option, screen changes, press back to go back to the precious screen of Android apps. To me most of the Android Apps UI's feel like a glorified webpage. Now many people don't seem to mind that - I guess because they don't know better, but to me it always feels like something huge is missing when I use other platforms and also Apps from other platforms. That said I still appreciate the ability to use the Android apps on my BlackBerry because it really does close the App gap. Just needs to continue moving in the direction it's heading and be even more and more seamless and compatible and basically transparent to the user and truly give the user the best of both worlds. It would be good if BlackBerry themselves could dedicate resources towards maintaining a compatibility list for example instead of just having a disclaimer.

I doubt Apple would have implemented something like that the way BlackBerry did because Apple seems to be a company that doesn't like their users to have to be disappointed in any way when something doesn't work as the user might want it to work. It must work as it's supposed to with no "buts" or caveats or potential compatibility issues or tinkering to tie up and disappoint the user who may not understand all of the reasons why.

Posted via CB10
    The person you are replying to was already given several answers, so your post is a little redundant, as well as long winded. But I will say this. I would not call the native facebook app "flawless" nor would I describe it as "constantly being improved". One major issue for me with native is the inability to sort my news feed. Yes, this is a legitimate concern. I want to see most recent in order, not what facebook's or the app's filters deem "top stories". The android version has the ability to sort, but it loads much slower than the native version. The other problem with native is that with hub connected, you get a notification for every single comment, event, status, etc (at least I did before I turned notifications off several os's ago). Another major issue is facebook contacts showing up in search. I keep the native fb installed for sharing purposes only. I disabled notifications and deleted all my fb contacts from my phone. I never open the app. I bookmarked the mobile facebook in my browser and made a shortcut to homescreen, and do my facebooking that way. Don't get me wrong, BB10 is a great os, and if the native fb had the ability to sort news feed by most recent, I would use it. But you have your argument in support of the native app, and I'm playing devil's advocate.

Posted with CB10 via Q10 running 10.2.1.1259
    01-11-14 06:10 AM
    Lol look at me calling you long winded.

Posted with CB10 via Q10 running 10.2.1.1259
    sam81 and moody like this.
    01-11-14 06:10 AM
    First time leak installer (Q10 on AT&T), and am wondering how long the device should sit with the green light after the auto-loader closes. First time I got impatient and ended up having to reinstall the stock OS with Link (which rebooted very quickly). Using the Bitcasa download.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Update: have tried both the Mega and Bitcasa autoloaders to the same lack of effect. Must be missing something simple. One thought that comes to mind is I have a device password, should that be removed prior to installing the leak?
    Last edited by RobP5; 01-12-14 at 12:44 PM.
    01-11-14 03:08 PM
    Well, I'm definitely not getting the great battery life that others are reporting... I've got the screen set for 30 seconds, I've got my two gmail accounts set for Hourly refresh and my work exchange account set for push updates. all I've got running is usually just the device monitor, and look at the screen cap having just pulled my vzw z10 off the charger... i installed wednesday, and have done multiple soft and hard resets. I love all the new features, but I'm not diggin' the way the battery seems to be behaving...

Lengend presents 10.2.1.1925 for all Q and Z-img_20140111_154528.png
    01-11-14 03:55 PM
2,959 ... 979899100101 ...