03-13-14 03:07 PM
2,959 ... 8788899091 ...
tools
    ok this is slightly off-topic,Planning to buy bb as my first smartphone,after the .1925 leak,I am seeing things D i mean is it "Really" true that many android apps are working flawlessly,slick and without errors? and the runtime is smooth???

Also is there a working fb android app for bb? which is good aswell?
    Yes, it's true. Everything I've loaded works great. As for the FB android app I don't know. The BlackBerry App works fine for me.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-01-14 07:22 PM
    Only thing I have noted is that since downloading android apps they want access to my contacts, files etc and unless I click not accept the apps won't install
    I cannot (unless I delete them) change the permission settings.

Posted via CB10
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-01-14 07:25 PM
    One caveat is that many if the notifications in those android apps don't work. No Instagram or Snapchat notifications, etc.
    01-01-14 07:26 PM
    Generally, if you don't accept the permissions the app won't run. That's the case with most apps...not all, but most.
    01-01-14 07:35 PM
    Yes, it's true. Everything I've loaded works great. As for the FB android app I don't know. The BlackBerry App works fine for me.
    thank you

any other person please if they can tell me by sideloading FACEBOOK app and can tell me if it is working flawlessly ??? any help would be greatly welcomed
    01-01-14 07:47 PM
    FYI if you download ghost commander from 1mobile (newer than BBworld) you can disable notifications

Via CB10 /Rogers/Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    Also 1Mobile has been getting recent updates, and they have addressed a couple of annoying UI issues. So they are definitely paying attention and addressing issues.

I wonder if the BlackBerry capability to load APK files has caused them to launch into full gear.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    Last edited by HotFix; 01-01-14 at 09:05 PM.
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    01-01-14 07:51 PM
    thank you

any other person please if they can tell me by sideloading FACEBOOK app and can tell me if it is working flawlessly ??? any help would be greatly welcomed
    I just loaded it to check and it seems to run very smoothly once it's loaded and you log in, etc.

Edit: Some things are a bit laggy for me (scrolling news feed, collapsing notifications menu)

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by failedhumanexistence; 01-01-14 at 08:39 PM.
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-01-14 08:08 PM

Why? The native blackberry FB is the same as androids

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    01-01-14 08:40 PM

Not quite, I've only used it briefly here but have already witnessed a few differences .

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 08:45 PM

I have both versions of FB loaded and the native version has come a long way. They both work well.

On another app, Tunein, I exclusively use the android version as it is more feature rich. For example it has a sleep timer and it also, right now, is live streaming all the college football bowl games. The native version is not. The downside is the android version is ad supported, but they are small enough not to be obnoxious.

Posted via CB10
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-01-14 09:02 PM
    Only thing I have noted is that since downloading android apps they want access to my contacts, files etc and unless I click not accept the apps won't install

Posted via CB10
    Pretty sure thhat is exactly how it works on android phones too - there is no granularity in deciding how many permissions an app gets. It is all or nothing. Unlike native BlackBerry apps of course...

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    01-01-14 09:36 PM
    I will just have to be careful what app I use especially after reading this:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ty-issues.html

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 09:55 PM

Posted via CB10
    That's normal.

Posted via CB from my LE
    01-01-14 10:13 PM
    ok this is slightly off-topic,Planning to buy bb as my first smartphone,after the .1925 leak,I am seeing things D i mean is it "Really" true that many android apps are working flawlessly,slick and without errors? and the runtime is smooth???

Android apps that you can get as .bar files work well. They may run, but some features can be buggy at times (Bitstrips won't connect, Audible will have trouble loading audio books, etc.) With enough patience they actually work well.

There are also plenty of alternatives to Android apps, like mobile banking websites, Apollo for Pandora, Sound hound for Shazam,etc. that work well. Overall, life without Google Play is definitely possible.

Posted via CB10
    Kashan Osama likes this.
    01-01-14 10:21 PM
    Why load bar files when you can install Android apps directly on the phone with this leaked OS? That's the whole point.
    01-01-14 11:16 PM
    Why load bar files when you can install Android apps directly on the phone with this leaked OS? That's the whole point.
    I believe the advantage with using a bar file is that it can be backed and restored unlike with apk apps that you will have to reinstall after a flash if that matters to you.

Posted via CB10
    01-01-14 11:30 PM
    Anyone run into camera problem?

anyway i did an upgrade to the latest OS version and camera seems to having some problem, every time i open the camera app after some time (a day or so) it shows my camera is unable to open the app. Do you know whats the problem?

BTW, i just noticed this after running on this OS for a week or so..and everything else is just fine
    Last edited by Audrey Loo; 01-02-14 at 03:04 AM.
    01-01-14 11:45 PM
    I believe the advantage with using a bar file is that it can be backed and restored unlike with apk apps that you will have to reinstall after a flash if that matters to you.

Posted via CB10
    Running a native BB10 app is always best. It's just not always possible. Losing my Candy Crush data is better than no Candy Crush at all.
    01-01-14 11:51 PM

Posted via CB10
    The Android bar files can't be restored, regardless, nor can their data. If you keep all your APKs in a directory on your media, if restored, or on your SD card, you can just install them from there.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 12:16 AM
    It's been a day since I loaded it up.
    Things I noticed:
    • Better Android app compatibility. Apps load faster and work better ( Engadget app ,back button for one is working fine now)
    • The quick settings is super useful
    • Using the snap market to install android apps. That works like a charm too.
    • Battery seems to be on par with 10.2.0 so far.. Will need more usage to get a more accurate idea
    • Flash player in the browser seems to be outdated, with few websites asking me to pick the latest one
    laketrout73 likes this.
    01-02-14 12:38 AM
    The Android bar files can't be restored, regardless, nor can their data. If you keep all your APKs in a directory on your media, if restored, or on your SD card, you can just install them from there.

Posted via CB10
    The Android apps downloaded from bb world do back up and restore for me. I 'm not sure about sideloaded android bars.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 01:18 AM
    In the main hub that lists all accounts, search doesn't work for me. However if I go to individual accounts within the hub, search does work.

Has it always been like this?
    01-02-14 02:19 AM
    ?????

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 04:45 AM
    Hi,

Firstly, thank you for the latest leak. Unfortunately when I click on the link for the "https://mega.co.nz/#!RZ1EVBSb!foUkuhheHd8MaZX7uaLhtlFSoHZVUrLLCHi6b6F-QS8"

The download does not start.

Please can you email me the working link as soon as you can.

Thank you
    01-02-14 05:15 AM
    That is why we use mirrors. When one link doesnt work for you try another. They are all listed in the first post.
    01-02-14 05:54 AM
2,959 ... 8788899091 ...