03-13-14 02:07 PM
2,959 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    THIS IS AWESOME! Now im playing Clash of Clans and it feels like is being played on an android device, im TOTALLY in love with my mighty Z10
    12-31-13 10:19 AM
    OK, I'm not being confrontational, but have you ever run a security wipe - with NO installation - and seen what you have afterwards? It is basically the same device you bought from your carrier. There is NOTHING there. I have found BBRY KB articles about the zero-byte write process of a security wipe, but the reality is it zaps everything. I prefer to do have that clean slate before I load a new OS.
    I have rooted and flashed many phones in my day and being the device is wiped during the flashing process, I have never wiped or done a factory reset after the flashing process.

As far as restoring using the BlackBerry Link software, well, I have had issues using the link software with communication errors and the software crapping out in the middle of the restore process.

I prefer the old fashioned way of setting the device up from scratch. I have GMAIL so my contacts, calendar and email are are restored when I add my account. As far as the apps go, I found that I can download and set up my apps in a short period of time so it's not a big deal.

Just my procedure and it's worked for me with no issues. My only gripe is I wish the autoloader would work on my Windows 7 virtual machine on my Mac. The sachesi software works fine though.

Sent from my z10 running 10.2.1.195
    Couple of nit-picking comments:

To BB_X--As I understand it, the theory is that a wipe /after/ a new OS install gets rid of leftover stuff from the old OS that may interfere with the new OS. If you wipe /before/ installing the new OS, it wouldn't know what to get rid of from the old OS since it was still there, and is still there (the OS) after the wipe. That's why I was saying to wipe /after/ the new OS install to get rid of old OS stuff, then reinstall the new OS to avoid the problems people have had with a post-install wipe. This only adds the time required for a new autoload install, which is the quickest step in the whole process.

To Bakron1--Fortunately, I haven't experienced software restore issues or interruptions, per se. I use only the Mac Link to restore (and my Boot Camp to install the OS via autoloader). I, too, don't need a Settings restore for contacts or accounts, only for learned words for autocorrect and predictive text. What's the point of learning these words if you're going to lose them every time you autoload a new leak?

And I agree that the App Data restore takes as long as setting up the apps from scratch through BBWorld, but you do lose the desktop arrangement you had, you lose the previous data associated with the BB apps, and you still have to reload manually the Android apps and their data.
    gemoelle likes this.
    12-31-13 10:37 AM
    Took the plunge yesterday and loaded up .1925. For this leak I 'broke the rules' and did backup and restore from .1055 with NO WIPE. Everything great so far (after 21 hours)!!! Very very smooth, and I didn't even reboot at all. Annoying account issues gone, all accounts loaded, and can still add/check/edit accounts after installing stacks of APKs via SNAP. APK apps load quick, no rotation/distorted screens yet. Just a thing of beauty. Now to see how long the battery lasts (and I was happy with the the 12 plus hours I was getting with .1055). Thanks Lengend!
    12-31-13 11:14 AM
    Hey guys have installed on a Q5 and find we cant make calls out - you dial or select a number the screen flashes and nothing happens - and neither does the phone ring when making calls to it.
    Yes have carrier connection and signal.

Whats the problem here then - cant be the only one using Q5

ta
    12-31-13 11:26 AM
    people might want this
    camera from 1259 for face focus.
    sys.camera-10.200.1.50.bar
    Hey SirJes! I'm try to load this file onto my device but it's not working. I downloaded the file and trying to use the Google Chrome add-on but it's not seeing the file. How do I load this file?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 11:30 AM
    Hey guys have installed on a Q5 and find we cant make calls out - you dial or select a number the screen flashes and nothing happens - and neither does the phone ring when making calls to it.

ta
    Just to be sure, did u use the autoloader meant for Q5 cos I learnt this issues occur when u don't use the right autoloaders

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 11:33 AM

ta
    I'd try flashing just the radio file and seeing if that solves the issue before going as far as reloading the OS.

https://mega.co.nz/#!RNskjTpQ!RRwk0B...rjAsqYU7Z31nbM

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    12-31-13 12:03 PM
    I agree, it's plenty.

What I'm really hoping is that with 1925 we've seen the last of the autoloaders, and if 1925 isn't the release version, the one that is can be installed nondestructively via OTA, Sachesi, or another carrier's SIM.

It's interesting that BlackBerry itself has never said to wipe for their OTA upgrades, have they? They could very easily instruct users to backup via Link, wipe, then do the OS install via Link and restore if that's what they thought should be done.
    I would prefer leaks as I'm not very confident that Verizon will release an official version in any timely manner.

I wiped before leaving 10.1 for 10.2. However I didn't wipe from .1055 to .1925 and have absolutely zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:08 PM
    Went from. 1022 to this and did a restore. This is by far the best OS ever on a BB10 device for me. Smooth, fast. Battery life on Q10 miraculously has jumped from pathetic 6 hours (I carry 2 spare batteries) to somewhere around 12+.
    As noted Droidstore doesn't work. Most Android apps do. I had to do a wipe on old .1055 system to get rid of weird android apps that one of the other 3rd party Android installers (amazon or the other 1digital ?) that clunked up the speed and operation. Sticking with Snap which is awesome. Facebook posts now display from hub as do 4Square. On. 1055 I had to put in an older FB bar. If this were it - the end - I'd be happy. Looking forward to more headless apps.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:09 PM
    I would prefer leaks as I'm not very confident that Verizon will release an official version in any timely manner.

I wiped before leaving 10.1 for 10.2. However I didn't wipe from .1055 to .1925 and have absolutely zero issues.

Posted via CB10
    No, Verizon won't give you an OTA 10.2.1 official release soon, but if it comes out on any carrier anywhere in the world, you will be able to get it via Sachesi and install it non-destructively.

I think that 10.2.1.1925 is so good and so stable that it won't be necessary to do any more autoloader leaks and that we can wait for a carrier release for OTA or Sachesi install. It's even possible that the OTA release will be earlier than 10.2.1.1925, although no one knows, apparently.
    12-31-13 12:41 PM
    No, Verizon won't give you an OTA 10.2.1 official release soon, but if it comes out on any carrier anywhere in the world, you will be able to get it via Sachesi and install it non-destructively.

I think that 10.2.1.1925 is so good and so stable that it won't be necessary to do any more autoloader leaks and that we can wait for a carrier release for OTA or Sachesi install. It's even possible that the OTA release will be earlier than 10.2.1.1925, although no one knows, apparently.
    Seems to me, from my experience in loading all of the leaks, that each one keeps getting better. I doubt 1925 will be an official release, but I'm going to keep installing the latest leaks personally.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    12-31-13 12:50 PM
    Just to be sure, did u use the autoloader meant for Q5 cos I learnt this issues occur when u don't use the right autoloaders

Z10 STL100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Yeah, used the one on the front page for q10/q5.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:51 PM
    I'd try flashing just the radio file and seeing if that solves the issue before going as far as reloading the OS.

https://mega.co.nz/#!RNskjTpQ!RRwk0B...rjAsqYU7Z31nbM

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    Yeah, I'll try this - seems strange all else is fine. cheers

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 12:59 PM
    For anyone who uses Quicken I can report that the Quicken 2014 Android app works smoothly and perfectly. It actually runs smoother than many android apps from BBWorld.
    12-31-13 01:18 PM
    I use a Z10 with the 10.2.1.200 OS. One of my most-used apps is Wallpaper Changer HD. In later OS updates whenever the wallpaper is changed an annoying pop up notification appears. This notification appears whether or not I am using this app. I have already tried going into settings to see where this notification can be disabled, but without success.

Does anyone know how to disable this? I would like to use some of the more recent OS updates like 10.2.1.1925, but not if that pesky popup box will continue to be there whenever the wallpaper is changed.
    I just purchased the app today since it was on sale... the set lock screen wallpaper doesn't seem to be working in 10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 01:36 PM
    I just purchased the app today since it was on sale... the set lock screen wallpaper doesn't seem to be working in 10.2.1.1925
    It is working for me. How are you trying to set it? Maybe a ss will help
    12-31-13 01:43 PM
    Does a full backup using Link back up Android app data as well?
    Well, does anyone know? Does a full back up also back up side loaded android apps and android app data?
    It backs it up, but it doesn't restore it.

loaded the leak but when connecting phone to LINK, i get an error saying phone hasn't completed set up app on my device, disconnect and reconnect when set up is compete , any ideas?
    I had the same thing because I skipped over a step during setup. A reboot fixed me up.

For anyone who uses Quicken I can report that the Quicken 2014 Android app works smoothly and perfectly. It actually runs smoother than many android apps from BBWorld.
    I can confirm this. I installed it earlier today. Quicken 2013 also works. One problem I had, which was totally related to Quicken, itself, and not the mobile app, is that it wouldn't successfully upgrade the mobile sync from Quicken 2013 to Quicken 2014. I upgraded the desktop software from '13 to '14. I had to unlink the mobile portion and run through the setup again. Just an FYI.
    12-31-13 01:45 PM
    It is working for me. How are you trying to set it? Maybe a ss will help
    In the application, under Lockscreen Wallpaper, I have that toggled to "ON"... and I select the wallpaper right under that... I tried a wallpaper on my SD card and also one on my Device. Same result. The stock wallpaper shows up on the lockscreen.

What's an "ss"?

Thanks in advance!
    12-31-13 01:51 PM
    In the application, under Lockscreen Wallpaper, I have that toggled to "ON"... and I select the wallpaper right under that... I tried a wallpaper on my SD card and also one on my Device. Same result. The stock wallpaper shows up on the lockscreen.

What's an "ss"?

Thanks in advance!
    ss is screen shot.

Have you set the wallpaper rotation to disabled?

Note you will get that annoying "picture set as wallpaper" popup every so often. It's baked into the OS and apparently can't be fixed.
    Lock your phone, then unlock and see if it's set.
    12-31-13 01:58 PM
    It is set to disabled. Screen shot attached.
    Lengend presents 10.2.1.1925 for all Q and Z-img_20131231_150442.png

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 02:05 PM
    When I take a video it is saved to my camera folder. Is this normal? I never had that happen before this leak. Any fix for it?
    It's always been like that.

Keepin' it Chill Z10 (10.2.1.1925)
    12-31-13 02:06 PM
    It is set to disabled. Screen shot attached.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20131231_150442.png 
Views:	1527 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	234955

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm. That's how mine is set too. And does your super bar ie home screen wallpaper work?
    Although I don't have the options along the bottom
    I wonder if there is an update - you said you just got it right?
    12-31-13 02:15 PM
    There's a sticky on top of the forum....goodness

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ersion-872821/
    Thanks but I was not referring necessarily to a downgrade, what if the official .1925 arrives and I ignore it and then subsequently a newer official build turns up?

If my phone prompts me to upgrade OTA should I ignore or can I upgrade as normal? Just unsure if it would upgrade just like the official .1925 or whether I'd still need to sideload to upgrade.
    12-31-13 02:16 PM
    Lengend presents 10.2.1.1925 for all Q and Z-img_20140101_042335.png

Can't access my laptop's files from file manager.
    It's not there.
    This is the 1st time it happen, in other os it's fine.
    Somebody with this issue?
    Help.

12-31-13 02:25 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140101_042335.png 
Views:	2389 
Size:	71.5 KB 
ID:	234960

Can't access my laptop's files from file manager.
    It's not there.
    This is the 1st time it happen, in other os it's fine.
    Somebody with this issue?
    Help.

Join the club : http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...access-887892/
    12-31-13 02:26 PM
2,959 ... 8485868788 ...