03-13-14 03:07 PM
2,959 ... 8384858687 ...
tools
    I've been doing this a while. Here's what I do.

I use the cloud for basically all my PIM stuff. So I don't really worry about contacts, calendar, remember, emails. Those sync when I setup my Office365 account.

I also use the cloud for certain Android apps. Mostly games, so not exactly mission-critical.

I do rely on SMS heavily. I bought SMS Backup by Epic Windmill long ago. That is basically the only third party backup I use.

I do use Hub++, and it's internal backup.

Before I load any OS, I run SMS Backup, do a Hub++ backup, then I do a security wipe.

I load the new OS and start fresh. I never use Link. Ever.

I keep a text document with my notifications, which I reset every time (Hub++ makes that easier).

Yes, there are benefits to doing a wipe before installing an OS. No, it is not a complete waste of time.
    Some people say that if you wipe before the installation of a new OS, but not after, you don't eliminate the stuff from the old OS that may contaminate the new OS. We know that the OS install itself from the PC takes a very short time. Therefore the argument goes that you should install the new OS, do only a minimal setup to get to the Z10 desktop, wipe the phone, then reinstall the new OS, and you're good to go.

I'm curious, BB_X, why don't you restore at least the media and apps data? That way you retain the desktop arrangement and all the data associated with the native BB Apps and don't have to re-enter that data. I think it's the Settings data restore that causes almost all the problems, and the only thing you can't back up independently in the Setting is the learned predictive and substitution text. Personally, I haven't found that restoring everything has caused me problems, and I've always restored everything. There have been problems, but they end up being related to the wipe process or the SIM card.
    BB_X likes this.
    12-31-13 12:08 AM
    Some people say that if you wipe before the installation of a new OS, but not after, you don't eliminate the stuff from the old OS that may contaminate the new OS. We know that the OS install itself from the PC takes a very short time. Therefore the argument goes that you should install the new OS, do only a minimal setup to get to the Z10 desktop, wipe the phone, then reinstall the new OS, and you're good to go.

I'm curious, BB_X, why don't you restore at least the media and apps data? That way you retain the desktop arrangement and all the data associated with the native BB Apps and don't have to re-enter that data. I think it's the Settings data restore that causes almost all the problems, and the only thing you can't back up independently in the Setting is the learned predictive and substitution text. Personally, I haven't found that restoring everything has caused me problems, and I've always restored everything. There have been problems, but they end up being related to the wipe process or the SIM card.
    I never wipe, always restore Settings and Media from BlackBerry Link and have never had an issue. There are multiple ways to install a leaked OS successfully, no need for anyone to get worked up about it (not saying you are, just saying in general).

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    12-31-13 12:13 AM
    Yes I agree. I never use link. Ever. Contactx is all I care about

Via CB10 /Rogers/Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925
    anon721037 and BB_X like this.
    12-31-13 12:15 AM
    I don't restore anything because: it takes far longer than it should given the quantity of data, restoring Settings has caused problems on some leaks (ergo, it can be an issue so why risk it), all my Media is on my SD card where I don't have to worry about, and all my contacts are in the cloud.

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 12:28 AM
    As I said, I just loaded this tonight so I haven't had a lot of time to really go through everything thoroughly. So far the only "bug" I've noticed is the dark theme will not stay on in contacts. I consider this self-inflicted though because I did a full restore using Link. Other than that, everything else seems to be OK. Enough for tonight. Night all.
    12-31-13 12:37 AM
    OK, I'm not being confrontational, but have you ever run a security wipe - with NO installation - and seen what you have afterwards? It is basically the same device you bought from your carrier. There is NOTHING there. I have found BBRY KB articles about the zero-byte write process of a security wipe, but the reality is it zaps everything. I prefer to do have that clean slate before I load a new OS.

I used to do full backups and restores when I was running a BBOS device. Every now and then, there would be one flaky database that caused issues. What did I do? I cleared it and excluded it from a restore. Trouble is, I can't do that with Link and BB10. I have the ham-fisted, point-and-drool solution of choosing among three *categories* of databases to COMPLETELY restore, or COMPLETELY ignore. Given what I have experienced with Link, and based on the fact that I can restore all my data and apps manually more quickly than Link can do it, I prefer the old-school, homeslice method of DIY. That's just me. I know there are MANY users who choose otherwise. I won't try to change their minds about how they do things.
    Pdinos3, anon721037 and PJD642 like this.
    12-31-13 12:54 AM
    Can some one help...

When i am using this link in chrome browser,its asking a decrypt key to download.

Thanks in advance
    12-31-13 01:08 AM
    Can some one help...

When i am using this link in chrome browser,its asking a decrypt key to download.

Thanks in advance
    Click the link, don't cut-in-paste it. As has been said numerous times in this thread already...

Q10SQN100-1/10.2.1.1925
    Pdinos3 likes this.
    12-31-13 01:11 AM
    OK, I'm not being confrontational, but have you ever run a security wipe - with NO installation - and seen what you have afterwards? It is basically the same device you bought from your carrier. There is NOTHING there. I have found BBRY KB articles about the zero-byte write process of a security wipe, but the reality is it zaps everything. I prefer to do have that clean slate before I load a new OS.

I used to do full backups and restores when I was running a BBOS device. Every now and then, there would be one flaky database that caused issues. What did I do? I cleared it and excluded it from a restore. Trouble is, I can't do that with Link and BB10. I have the ham-fisted, point-and-drool solution of choosing among three *categories* of databases to COMPLETELY restore, or COMPLETELY ignore. Given what I have experienced with Link, and based on the fact that I can restore all my data and apps manually more quickly than Link can do it, I prefer the old-school, homeslice method of DIY. That's just me. I know there are MANY users who choose otherwise. I won't try to change their minds about how they do things.
    And right you are on this friend, in the world of android rooting where people install rom updates and try new rooms for fun, a wipe is highly highly recommended before a fresh install
    12-31-13 01:52 AM
    I guess I need to search CB and get a grasp on the whole "LEAK" thing. I have to learn how to use an autoloader. I have a lot of studying to do before I venture into OS 10.2 land. Hopefully, you guys will hear from me in a few days. Thanks in advance CB!

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    Pdinos3 and ezapper2 like this.
    12-31-13 02:12 AM
    Perfect install for me, not a bug so far

Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    12-31-13 02:17 AM
    I have tried now everything to get this new Leak1925 installed on my Z30 and Z10... Both failing all the time with the downloaded Autoloaders. (And I even downloaded them twice from different download sources to make sure I had the right ones!)

I have had Leak 1055 on both machines and the prior leak as well without any problems. Also, I can very easily get the 1055 back on the machines without fail but NOT this new 1925!
    I have done even a Security Wipe on both and started from there. I place back the 1055 Leak and started from there...all without success?!?

Somehow the Autoloader counts up to #99 and then just shuts down. The BB's then just sit there with a bright green LED and nothing happens.
    When I reload the 1055 Leak the Autoloader just continues to #100, does that kind of "recount" and then the machine reboots and all is hunkydorrie... (Not sure about this spelling :-))

What am I doing wrong or what am I overlooking here...?

Thanks in advance for the help!
    Try rebooting your computer.. I've installed this leak on a dozen z10s, a z30, and a Q10.

If the reboot doesn't help try another pc

Rogers Deals and Discounts C0022C8F2
    12-31-13 03:15 AM
    still stuck with leak 1925 at first run on various devices (Q5/Q10 - all brand new).

symptom : hangs (or reboots) during the first run (agreement page or wireless connection or update checking).

what I have done successively :
    1. tried various ways to download the leak : from diffrent PCs and from Opera, Chrome or Mega downloader. the result is always the same (Autoloader.Q10.SQN100-X.Q5.SQR100-X.OS.10.2.1.1925.SW.537.exe as of Dec 24th 4:26 pm - 2 067 979 KB when unziped)
    > same problem on all devices.

2. install previous leaks 1055 or 1259 : no problem with these devices. work fine.

3. tried to re install leak 1925 : problem again

[EDIT] : Found the key : the MEGA file does not include RADIO 1899 (or corrupted) . The Bitcasa file (Q10) is fine
    Last edited by lolo75018; 12-31-13 at 08:20 AM. Reason: fix the pb
    12-31-13 03:32 AM
    I guess I need to search CB and get a grasp on the whole "LEAK" thing. I have to learn how to use an autoloader. I have a lot of studying to do before I venture into OS 10.2 land. Hopefully, you guys will hear from me in a few days. Thanks in advance CB!

Posted with my BBZ10 Superphone via CB10 app
    There are several good posts about how to jump on the leak train. Honestly, it's a heck of a lot easier than it used to be. Hope things go well for you, and if you hit any snags reach out. We have a solid community here that can help.
    Pdinos3 and anon721037 like this.
    12-31-13 04:24 AM
    I have rooted and flashed many phones in my day and being the device is wiped during the flashing process, I have never wiped or done a factory reset after the flashing process.

As far as restoring using the BlackBerry Link software, well, I have had issues using the link software with communication errors and the software crapping out in the middle of the restore process.

I prefer the old fashioned way of setting the device up from scratch. I have GMAIL so my contacts, calendar and email are are restored when I add my account. As far as the apps go, I found that I can download and set up my apps in a short period of time so it's not a big deal.

Just my procedure and it's worked for me with no issues. My only gripe is I wish the autoloader would work on my Windows 7 virtual machine on my Mac. The sachesi software works fine though.

Sent from my z10 running 10.2.1.195
    Honua likes this.
    12-31-13 05:17 AM
    Is it possible to buy paid apps in Google Play via Snap?

Posted via CB10
    Not even possible to pay for apps from the trial or "ad supported" version that some developers provide.

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 06:52 AM
    any link stl100-1 1925 w/1260 radio please?
    12-31-13 08:03 AM
    To me security wipes should only be done if you are having an OS issue that is not resolved by another manner( battery pull/ volume key reset)

It should not be part of a standard OS loading procedure

Posted via CB10. 10.2.1.1925 with 1259 camera/clock
    An autoloader isn't a standard OS loading procedure.

9700 ~ 9900 ~ Z10 ~ Z30
    12-31-13 09:18 AM
    Awesome OS, since uploading this OS I've got great battery life and my phone doesn't get hot like previous OS I've had. Everything works flawlessly. Except i couldn't get my NFC working the other day. BlackBerry 10 is the future!

Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:21 AM
    Any New year's Day Leaks?
    With Play str#
    Posted via CB10
    12-31-13 09:51 AM
    Can anybody please provide MEGS files for this build for Q10 please???

I am confused as it was previously released for Z10 and Z30 only and not for Q Series...

Posted via CB10 thru my Q10 (SQN 100-3/OS 10.2.1.1055) on Vodafone INDIA
    12-31-13 09:58 AM
    Can anybody please provide MEGS files for this build for Q10 please???

I am confused as it was previously released for Z10 and Z30 only and not for Q Series...

Posted via CB10 thru my Q10 (SQN 100-3/OS 10.2.1.1055) on Vodafone INDIA
    It is right in the original post.

Posted with my ?Q10 running 10.2.1.1925.
    12-31-13 09:59 AM
    Does the phone behave as normal? i.e. just upgrade OTA or is any special steps needed to move from the leaked back to official?
    12-31-13 10:00 AM
    Does the phone behave as normal? i.e. just upgrade OTA or is any special steps needed to move from the leaked back to official?
    There's a sticky on top of the forum....goodness

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...ersion-872821/
    Pdinos3, Graheem and PJD642 like this.
    12-31-13 10:07 AM
    Loaded up this from the 10.2.0 . No wipes or anything. Going smooth so far!
    Graheem likes this.
    12-31-13 11:07 AM
2,959 ... 8384858687 ...