03-13-14 02:07 PM
2,959 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    The phone is a Z10, STL100-3. The autoloader extracted fine. The phone boots, reboots, connects to the computer connects to Link when I have that running, etc.

However, I have now re-done everything and found that when I attempt to extract the file, I get an error that the file is broken. I switched to Chrome, downloaded from Mega and extracted and get the same error in 7Z that the file is broken.
    Could there be something wrong with the original file on the Mega site? I know a ton of folks have already successfully downloaded and installed this version, so something else is going on here.
    However, I have now re-done everything and found that when I attempt to extract the file, I get an error that the file is broken. I switched to Chrome, downloaded from Mega and extracted and get the same error in 7Z that the file is broken.
    Could there be something wrong with the original file on the Mega site? I know a ton of folks have already successfully downloaded and installed this version, so something else is going on here.[/QUOTE]

So, I guess sacrificing that chicken did help.
    I found the link for the Google Share that was posted, downloaded the ZIP file from there and that extracted to what appears to be the proper size 2GB file.
    So now the autoloader runs and appears to complete, but the phone is now "dead" flashing the red light once, then three times, then 2 times.
    So, how do I resurrect the phone from this condition?
    12-26-13 02:34 PM
    Well pretty sure I missed a step somewhere.

Have a VZW Z30, ran autoloader, now getting BlackBerry 10 OS error codes - US. I'm sure it was a stupid mistake, what did I do wrong?

Thanks for your patience.
    12-26-13 02:49 PM
    Hey guys, just noticed an "issue" when reloading my apps (from the Z10 rocking 1925!!)
    Prior to me me "upgrading" the OS I had an amazing app called "meet your device" which was free - it gave you ALL the possible information regarding the device you could possibly want (memory load, battery even log files) and now when i go to re-add it, it now costs $1.99. Yes I could restore the "application" data from my backup, but since I only restored my "settings" and "media" and knowing that restoring the Application data will place older OS files on my device, I didnt want to go there.

Any thoughts?

And YES I will update my CB settings to reflect my long Blackberry device history~
    12-26-13 03:02 PM
    Sorry, I'm still a little unclear as to what you are saying.

You /can/ both send and receive MMS even though the MMSC and APN fields do not show up??

But you say you still have that issue? Which issue? The MMS send issue?
    I mean to clarify. Despite not doing a RESTORE, I have the issue of missing APN & MMSC problems which I didn't have before.
    12-26-13 03:25 PM
    Anyone know of the situation/update on possible "read receipts" when sending email from Gmail on 1925? One of the other things I am missing from legacy BB 7 OS..
    hakimmmmm likes this.
    12-26-13 03:26 PM
    Could there be something wrong with the original file on the Mega site? I know a ton of folks have already successfully downloaded and installed this version, so something else is going on here.
    I found the link for the Google Share that was posted, downloaded the ZIP file from there and that extracted to what appears to be the proper size 2GB file.
    So now the autoloader runs and appears to complete, but the phone is now "dead" flashing the red light once, then three times, then 2 times.
    So, how do I resurrect the phone from this condition?[/QUOTE]

If you couldn't find a working link, I would recommend MegaDownloader 0.7 beta or something liek that, it allows for resuming, and it keeps the browser from stopping mid way somewhere. =)

If I remember correctly, try turning off the phone remove battery, keep it plugged into your computer, run the Z10 Autoloader again and then plug the batteryback in...it should help.
    12-26-13 03:27 PM
    Anyone know of the situation/update on possible "read receipts" when sending email from Gmail on 1925? One of the other things I am missing from legacy BB 7 OS..
    Sorry I don't use Gmail.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    12-26-13 03:28 PM
    I mean to clarify. Despite not doing a RESTORE, I have the issue of missing APN & MMSC problems which I didn't have before.
    OK, thanks. But can you still send MMS despite not having those fields?

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 03:29 PM
    Hey guys, just noticed an "issue" when reloading my apps (from the Z10 rocking 1925!!)
    Prior to me me "upgrading" the OS I had an amazing app called "meet your device" which was free - it gave you ALL the possible information regarding the device you could possibly want (memory load, battery even log files) and now when i go to re-add it, it now costs $1.99. Yes I could restore the "application" data from my backup, but since I only restored my "settings" and "media" and knowing that restoring the Application data will place older OS files on my device, I didnt want to go there.

Any thoughts?

And YES I will update my CB settings to reflect my long Blackberry device history~
    Can you go in and remove all the files you don't want on your computer and then back up the app data. I'm not sure I have never done it.

12-26-13 03:31 PM
    Oh. man -thats cold!!
    12-26-13 03:34 PM
    Oh. man -thats cold!!
    What's cold.

Posted from my Z30
    12-26-13 03:34 PM
    Can you go in and remove all the files you don't want on your computer and then back up the app data. I'm not sure I have never done it.

SLff - I can try, just wanted to let the device settle down for a while, I am actually amazed that since 1330 local time, battery drain is negligible (running around 93% with it not being hooked up since then) and memory usage is good, of the 2GB on device, "about" screen is still showing 1.2GB free and I have already re-loaded a bunch of apps.
    12-26-13 03:37 PM
    So, how do I resurrect the phone from this condition?
    If you couldn't find a working link, I would recommend MegaDownloader 0.7 beta or something liek that, it allows for resuming, and it keeps the browser from stopping mid way somewhere. =)

If I remember correctly, try turning off the phone remove battery, keep it plugged into your computer, run the Z10 Autoloader again and then plug the batteryback in...it should help.[/QUOTE]

I gave that a shot twice, still just the blinking light.
    I also ran Link and attempted to just reload the "current" OS, but that failed as well. This happened to me once before but I can't find any notes about how to resolve it.
    12-26-13 03:38 PM
    SLff - I can try, just wanted to let the device settle down for a while, I am actually amazed that since 1330 local time, battery drain is negligible (running around 93% with it not being hooked up since then) and memory usage is good, of the 2GB on device, "about" screen is still showing 1.2GB free and I have already re-loaded a bunch of apps.
    It will take a good three days to really settle in so don't rush things, I've had this installed since release so I'm in my third day and my battery is the best it's ever been, and smooth as silk.

Posted from my Z30
    zephyr613 likes this.
    12-26-13 03:40 PM
    It will take a good three days to really settle in so don't rush things, I've had this installed since release so I'm in my third day and my battery is the best it's ever been, and smooth as silk.

Posted from my Z30
    Thank you my friend, for everything. Will keep in touch (an others who might be interested) updated. How is your memory usage?
    12-26-13 03:44 PM
    What's cold.

Posted from my Z30
    The Gmail comment, but I get it brother, if memory serves, you and I have been in touch regarding Leaks/OS/BES and Encryption before.....
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-26-13 03:47 PM
    Thank you my friend, for everything. Will keep in touch (an others who might be interested) updated. How is your memory usage?
    It's a little heavy at first because of all the back ground stuff from a new os but it's been good as of today.

zephyr613 likes this.
    12-26-13 03:56 PM
    The phone is a Z10, STL100-3. The autoloader extracted fine. The phone boots, reboots, connects to the computer connects to Link when I have that running, etc.

I have had a similar problem with downloads and it could be a caching issue. Try to download again and do a "Save As" when the save as dialog pops up rename the file to something different than the original name and save it to your desktop.
    Retry with the new file.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:00 PM
    With 1925 I am back in MMS hell. Both outgoing and incoming is broke. Hub settings will not allow access to MMS advanced setup, only SMS. Is there any chance of getting the BAR(s) that support text messaging from 1259? 1259 was fine. Thanks in advance.
    https://mega.co.nz/#!uN1kjKxT!Os6suz...Jg841hB1PVqyIM for messages
    https://mega.co.nz/#!uclh0TKa!UpKx0k...XEkQW5hbIR_Bkg foe text

Not sure if you need the messages one
    12-26-13 04:01 PM
    Wtf..where are the change log.zzzz

Posted via CB10
    All over the thread. multiple people have posted them. try the first five pages
    12-26-13 04:10 PM
    I have had a similar problem with downloads and it could be a caching issue. Try to download again and do a "Save As" when the save as dialog pops up rename the file to something different than the original name and save it to your desktop.
    Retry with the new file.

Posted via CB10
    Did that too. So now I have a dead phone. I uninstalled Link, re-installed it, attempted a reload with that, then attempted the autoloader again.
    I know there is a way to get this working again, just need that special sequence from someone....anyone?????
    12-26-13 04:29 PM
    Retry with the new file.

Posted via CB10
    Did that too. So now I have a dead phone. I uninstalled Link, re-installed it, attempted a reload with that, then attempted the autoloader again.
    I know there is a way to get this working again, just need that special sequence from someone....anyone?????
    12-26-13 04:32 PM
    OK, thanks. But can you still send MMS despite not having those fields?

Posted via CB10
    Yup, I can send, receive, and group text and maintain Group =)

Edit: I recall hearing somewhere that some of this may have gone into EScreens
    12-26-13 04:37 PM
    Have you tried:
    a) A different USB Port
    b) A different USB Cable
    c) Both a) & b)
    d) Restart computer and reiterate above steps?
    e) leave battery out for a bit and then after like a bit (say 30 min-1 hour put it back in?)
    f) I'm doubting your Exe is broken since it runs...Otherwise, if you think somethign is screwed up, I can put the one I used nto DropBox for you. =)

Does your system pick up the blackberry once it's plugged in? make sure link is installed of course...(latest version preferrably) - You did download a Z10 OS? =)
    12-26-13 04:42 PM
    Yup, I can send, receive, and group text and maintain Group =)

Edit: I recall hearing somewhere that some of this may have gone into EScreens
    Thanks. It's a real mystery, then. Maybe it was my restore that did it.

I'm going to try using one or both of the 1259 files and se what happens, but suspect the problem is in the core OS.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 04:48 PM
2,959 ... 6566676869 ...