07-22-14 04:47 PM
76 1234
tools
    Agreed.

BTW, not whining, moaning, nor want anyone to lose their job. I have a Z and a Q. So, while I don't have a newer BlackBerry, like others, I want OS leaks same as I have always used on "all" of my BlackBerries. Chen wants the leaks stopped to indicate control as HMFIC.
    Stop leak will stop the BB enthusiast to keep on trying and testing it for the good, and usually this people are the people who promote the new feature that coming soon to BB and try to persuade others to purchase new stuff (free marketing campaign)
    07-15-14 10:45 PM
    The idea that "we at CrackBerry" often help BlackBerry by testing out leaks and catching bugs is a bit suspect. I thought leaks are usually older builds that have already been superseded. Add that to the fact that most posters here can barely conjure up a legible single-line post (have you seen the leak threads?), much less a proper error report/change request, including logs, and details of all other non-controlled modifications to their devices.

I don't know... as much as I'd like to think I'm "helping BlackBerry",.. I sure hope that "CrackBerry testing stage" isn't part of their development process.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 11:15 PM
    BlackBerry putting any kind of effort into stopping leaks is about the dumbest thing they could possibly do right now. It is the O N L Y marketing they've had in months, and it's not even direct! Think about it! We get the leak, we install it, we rave over the "awesome new features" it brings regardless of how minute it is relative to what's out there. W E (die hard fans) are the only folks doing the selling for Blackberry (in the US, anyway); not BlackBerry, and certainly not any carrier. I couldn't give two squirts if my carrier was bent out of shape because I was running leaked software. They get over $200 a month from me for my family's phones. H3ll, I'd probably inconvenience myself by loading a crappy leak just to spite them if they were even remotely concerned.

Plugging the leaks would sink the ship, IMO.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 11:33 PM
    Let's cut through the BS, we all like to try new things and leaks fulfill that need for some of us, for others, well...that's why BlackBerry userbase is where it is at.

People like new things, they rather lease a car instead of owning because in a few years, they can trade in for a new model.

They like to hookup instead of date because they don't want to have to commit. They like to date instead of marry because they don't want to be tied down too long so they can easily swap models when the new thing comes along.

Without these leaks, I would find it hard(er) to keep my 5 other family members on BlackBerry. They all want to switch, but hey as long as I pay the bills, you use what I provide, eat the food I buy and drive what I think is safest. When you can work and provide for yourself, please, get what you like. If you want freedom of choice around here, you work for it.

You get the point.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-15-14 11:43 PM
    Have to tell you that the leaked OS has kept me with BlackBerry. I like many others use a few android apps that have no BlackBerry native counterparts. Unfortunately most of those apps don't work with OS 10.2.1....so using 10.3 has kept me using my BlackBerry instead of picking up my iPhone. If BlackBerry promotes android apps working then they need to keep the runtime updated with the latest android OS as well or we will need to seek workarounds

Posted via CB10
    07-16-14 01:01 AM
    How do u do that give a brief and I we will get the files
    07-16-14 10:29 AM
    How do u do that give a brief and I we will get the files
    Step 1: you can't.
    07-16-14 10:37 AM
    Step 1: you can't.
    Step 2: See step 1

Posted via my Rockin Z10 ?
    eldricho likes this.
    07-16-14 02:05 PM
    Last
    07-16-14 02:12 PM
    Step 2: See step 1

Posted via my Rockin Z10 ?
    That's much like how Bla1ze writes

Anyways leaks can be certainly provided to those who provide / commit to providing regular feedback and surveys so that it actually improve the OS before release.

Most people in and around Crackberry just download leaks for the new feel, but they don't provide any valuable feedback directly to BlackBerry... They do so on CB, but more of "Oh.. it broke ny phone...blah blah".

It would be great if BlackBerry comes up with a developer programme which asks people to take out some time for actual testing of products and getting regular feedback to improve the product.

I'd sign up and commit for feedback and would even pay a little to help BlackBerry achieve the goals... I just don't know where to start from

Posted via CB10... and my awesome Z10
    07-17-14 03:58 AM
    People would if such a provision were available.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 08:50 AM
    ........Most people in and around Crackberry just download leaks for the new feel, but they don't provide any valuable feedback directly to BlackBerry... They do so on CB, but more of "Oh.. it broke my phone...blah blah".

It would be great if BlackBerry comes up with a developer programme which asks people to take out some time for actual testing of products and getting regular feedback to improve the product.

Actually, you can only report back to where you get something from in the first place. Blackberry did not give the OS(leaks) to folks in here officially, so you can't really expect anyone to report to blackberry what is good or bad about an OS that was not released initially. So you can't blame folks that report their findings in here.
    Now to you second point which I highlighted...Yes it would be nice to have a platform for things like this but it is already in place now(in Blackberry's own way of doing things). And some folks have also had their pins white-listed in order to test this stuff. But it would be very good and productive if every person(or some certain of folks in here) gets the chance to test it, looking at the response we get in Crackberry on every updates.
    Also, there are some folks who only complain that it did this or that to their phones but eh...no community without its own.
    07-17-14 09:01 AM
    Haha I wonder if BlackBerry could service a legitimate revenue stream from selling their own in development OS builds. I'd pay! Hehehe

Posted via CB10
    07-17-14 12:51 PM
    Haha I wonder if BlackBerry could service a legitimate revenue stream from selling their own in development OS builds. I'd pay! Hehehe

Posted via CB10
    +1
    Yup... atleast they can get some money rather than burning more cash...

07-17-14 04:27 PM
    In some respects, while I love installing leaks and testing them out. a leak or lets say a Beta for instance if an 'average' user and I use that loosely installs the leak/beta and then has some issues then they get vocal and use forums like this to air their views then people read it who have not tried it and don't know a leak from a final release.
    Where I am going with it, is it easily gets BlackBerry bad publicity so I don't blame them in a sense for keeping things more under wraps than they once did. I would sure see BlackBerry survive and make it like they once did those years ago than see umpteen leaks get out there just to try the next 'fix' of BlackBerry software.
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    07-17-14 05:19 PM
    In some respects, while I love installing leaks and testing them out. a leak or lets say a Beta for instance if an 'average' user and I use that loosely installs the leak/beta and then has some issues then they get vocal and use forums like this to air their views then people read it who have not tried it and don't know a leak from a final release.
    Where I am going with it, is it easily gets BlackBerry bad publicity so I don't blame them in a sense for keeping things more under wraps than they once did. I would sure see BlackBerry survive and make it like they once did those years ago than see umpteen leaks get out there just to try the next 'fix' of BlackBerry software.
    +1
    07-20-14 10:09 AM
    Get a grip, get a life and get over it. Seriously.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    07-20-14 12:28 PM
    i love leaks just like the next person, but hey if this is what they have to do to keep secrets in house then thats what it is, i dont see apple letting leaked os out, its just part of the new BB
    So umm .. Monday apple just let loose the 4th version of iOS 8 for those who want to test. Its full of bugs, a new control center design and other things that may or may not make it to the final release. IOS 8 isn't official until late fall with the new larger iPhone 6 . Just saying that apple and android and wp all have beta releases of their os ...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-22-14 08:27 AM
    I'd pay for a beta program like Apple has, that would filter out those who shouldn't be loading leaks..

Posted via CB10
    BallRockReaper likes this.
    07-22-14 08:50 AM
    I'd pay for a beta program like Apple has, that would filter out those who shouldn't be loading leaks..

Posted via CB10
    And who are these people who shouldn't load leaks.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:52 AM
    So umm .. Monday apple just let loose the 4th version of iOS 8 for those who want to test. Its full of bugs, a new control center design and other things that may or may not make it to the final release. IOS 8 isn't official until late fall with the new larger iPhone 6 . Just saying that apple and android and wp all have beta releases of their os ...

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I'm quite sure as we get closer to the release date we will see a leak, I'm quite sure BlackBerry has its own group of people that test the os but are pretty quiet about it.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-14 10:55 AM
    And who are these people who shouldn't load leaks.

Posted via CB10
    People who complain to BlackBerry about problems with unreleased software......

Posted via CB10
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    07-22-14 11:09 AM
    I don't know who the people that need to be filtered out are either. I suspect it's folks you disagree with.

Anyway - - BB has utlized a Pay for Beta program. I'm sure many have forgot because it was terribly expensive, disappointing and cost the company a good chunk of market share and 10s if not 100s of millions in stock valuation. It was, if I recall correctly, called the 9500/9530 Buyer's Experience.

In all seriousness though, yes - a paid beta program similar to Apple would help generate some revenue. Similar to BBM stickers, a good idea that willl not make BBRY wealthy or the market leader, but a great idea. Lots of small income generating sources are helpful when you can't maintain a $10 stock price.
    07-22-14 11:16 AM
    People who complain to BlackBerry about problems with unreleased software......

Posted via CB10
    And how do you know anyone has actually complained to BBRY about unreleased software?
    07-22-14 11:20 AM
    And how do you know anyone has actually complained to BBRY about unreleased software?

Leaks stopped because auto loaders aren't distributed anymore-img_20140722_131619.png

Posted via CB10
    habs_fan likes this.
    07-22-14 12:16 PM
76 1234