07-22-14 04:47 PM
76 1234
tools
    You want people to lose their job? Leak or no leak I'm not going to die with or without it.
    That is exactly mine and others' point. No one should lose a job for a leak. The focus of stopping OS leaks is the issue raised. Not that someone should risk anything. But that threats and terminations and tracking and rearranging how operating systems are distributed for testing is a misaligned, waste of resources better spent elsewhere.

Mr. Chen, tear down that leak wall!
    Blacklatino likes this.
    07-15-14 11:04 AM
    I'm glad you're happy. I'm on .700 too but I still want something newer. We?ve been conditioned to getting leaks and it's a little hard to live in a leakless world.

I think everyone's response has been measured. No one is crying about it. Mostly, people are just less interested in posting on Crackberry and that is very apparent.

Posted via CB10
    Not even Kevin wants to post on his own site lol. I kid I kid.

Toronto is the city that I rep, give respect.
    PostMortem likes this.
    07-15-14 11:08 AM
    The more people cry for leaks, the more it becomes harder for those with it to share.
    07-15-14 11:14 AM
    The more people cry for leaks, the more it becomes harder for those with it to share.
    I don't follow this reasoning. Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    bibbula likes this.
    07-15-14 11:16 AM
    i love leaks just like the next person, but hey if this is what they have to do to keep secrets in house then thats what it is, i dont see apple letting leaked os out, its just part of the new BB
    I'm with you my friend, but at the same time I don't think the next OS should wait for hardware. As soon as its ready it should drop. Keep the secrets, end the eternal waiting...........
    Blacklatino and anon721037 like this.
    07-15-14 11:24 AM
    I'm with you my friend, but at the same time I don't think the next OS should wait for hardware. As soon as its ready it should drop. Keep the secrets, end the eternal waiting...........
    Ya but some of the software might give the hardware away, but hey none the less I just want a leak.

Dam.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 11:35 AM
    Well for me leak is the only thing that push me to keep on looking at BB and keep on testing it and see how far BB going to lead the mobile world. But today since there are no more leak, I put my Z10 inside my drawer and havent taken it out. Latest leak is 10.3 so that is the latest OS on my z10. Truly sad....

Today I'm quite happy with my iPhone which have all my necessary needs including the BBM.
    07-15-14 11:51 AM
    One thing that has been over-looked!

BlackBerry developed the Desktop Manager and BB Link for "US"!!

Leaks and Updates have been coming to us for about 7 years. And, they will keep coming.
    If they're coming too slow for you... consider that:

fewer leaks may mean more complete updates with longer intervals which adds up to less to complain about and more time to actually enjoy
    your devices..

OK.. so maybe I'm dreaming. I mean what would this place be like without all the moaners and groaners, complaining about something??
    Yeah! Forget the part about enjoying your device.

What WAS I thinking!!!

07-15-14 11:57 AM
    Everyone brings up some solid points.

but still....

this really really sucks...
    moody and Blacklatino like this.
    07-15-14 12:16 PM
    I think everyone's response has been measured. No one is crying about it. Mostly, people are just less interested in posting on Crackberry and that is very apparent.
    A site like this (any forum dedicated to a product, really), rises and falls on news. When we have a new product, like the Passport, we have something to talk about. But in the case of the Passport we don't actually have it yet, so we're very limited in what we can discuss. The Z3 isn't available in most of the world, so we haven't had much to discuss about that either.

OS leaks are always a great stimulus for discussion, because they either give us something new to talk about or at least they give us a reason to hunt for something new. Without leaks or any new available hardware, for most of us, we're reduced to discussing the glint in John Chen's eye.

Not only that, the longer we wait for something new, the more cranky we become about what we don't like. Minor annoyances become less minor.

I suppose a case could be made that throwing the hardcore among us a bone once in a while, in the form of a leak, is a way of maintaining morale at CB, which is itself a kind of marketing move.

So let's have a leak, BlackBerry, it's good business!
    07-15-14 12:30 PM
    A site like this (any forum dedicated to a product, really), rises and falls on news. When we have a new product, like the Passport, we have something to talk about. But in the case of the Passport we don't actually have it yet, so we're very limited in what we can discuss. The Z3 isn't available in most of the world, so we haven't had much to discuss about that either.

OS leaks are always a great stimulus for discussion, because they either give us something new to talk about or at least they give us a reason to hunt for something new. Without leaks or any new available hardware, for most of us, we're reduced to discussing the glint in John Chen's eye.

Not only that, the longer we wait for something new, the more cranky we become about what we don't like. Minor annoyances become less minor.

I suppose a case could be made that throwing the hardcore among us a bone once in a while, in the form of a leak, is a way of maintaining morale at CB, which is itself a kind of marketing move.

So let's have a leak, BlackBerry, it's good business!
    I agree completely. Throw us a bone.

Posted via CB10
    Blacklatino and PostMortem like this.
    07-15-14 12:59 PM
    I don't follow this reasoning. Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to follow

"Posted via My White Czeckie Passport"
    07-15-14 01:09 PM
    +1 on this. Create a program for the average guy. Make it all "legit" with the same end goal of rewarding the loyal BlackBerry users who happily run leaks. Sign me up. I'll even pay for the honor.

Posted via CB10
    Me too

Crackberry Genius on Verizon STL100-4 10.3.0.296/442
    07-15-14 01:18 PM
    A site like this (any forum dedicated to a product, really), rises and falls on news. When we have a new product, like the Passport, we have something to talk about.
    Just wanted to hit on this one remark!
    If you've been around CB long enough, then you know.. we ALWAYS have something to talk about.

Point in case... The Rehab Lounge!!
    07-15-14 02:04 PM
    Crippled versions.

That's not the same thing.

Posted via CB10
    Exact same thing actually, Apple doesn't include every single feature they announce and why should they?
    It's a developer OS, devs don't need every feature. ALSO, Apple charges $99 for these crippled beta OS' (and requires you to sign an NDA).
    If you want a beta BB10 OS, before everyone, and you are willing to sign an NDA, sign up for Beta Zone for Business.
    07-15-14 02:12 PM
    You realize Apple charges developers $99/year and beta OSes are only available for registered developers. Also, the beta requires you agree to their NDA so it's not like you can go around and show it off. And no, Apple doesn't include all/unannounced features in beta software.
    I am not a developer and do not pay $99. Since IOS 6 Beta I am able to test every Beta. And now I can also test android L develepor preview Beta. Leaked is necessary for us BlackBerry Fans to show people around us how BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 is going to some sweet changes. Not stuck on 10.2.1 for a year and only get update for fixing bugs. BlackBerry 10.3 has something to offer and we need to try it as beta preview

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 02:20 PM
    Exact same thing actually, Apple doesn't include every single feature they announce and why should they?
    It's a developer OS, devs don't need every feature. ALSO, Apple charges $99 for these crippled beta OS' (and requires you to sign an NDA).
    If you want a beta BB10 OS, before everyone, and you are willing to sign an NDA, sign up for Beta Zone for Business.
    I dunno. I put iOS 8 beta on my daughter's iPhone. It is not missing any features. Yeah. I paid the money but I would pay BlackBerry too.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 02:41 PM
    I dunno. I put iOS 8 beta on my daughter's iPhone. It is not missing any features. Yeah. I paid the money but I would pay BlackBerry too.

Posted via CB10
    So you have the split screen view in messages? You have the new Weather by The Weather Channel? You have the Recover option to get deleted pictures back?
    07-15-14 02:59 PM
    So you have the split screen view in messages? You have the new Weather by The Weather Channel? You have the Recover option to get deleted pictures back?
    I have no idea what is there or not. I don't use iPhone. I don't know what's new or not. I just know it is complete, unlike the DEV OS builds in which you need to load other files to get anything useful working. I'd take a complete 10.3 with a few new features held back. If that is what Apple is doing, that sounds like a good balance to me.

Posted via CB10
    PostMortem likes this.
    07-15-14 03:59 PM
    I think an incomplete os is better than a crippled os with no alarm clock.

Posted via CB10
    SteelGreek and eldricho like this.
    07-15-14 04:21 PM
    I totally agree, we are like kids who wants to see Christmas gift before the date. BlackBerry have to contrle communication over every OS update. If you love BlackBerry the best way is to be patient to let the company give informations to the media in the more strategic moment. The ones who tell us they love BlackBerry are in the same back with detractors, you play against BlackBerry.

Sorry for my poor English.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:02 PM
    People. You're forgetting one of the primary issues here:

Carriers.

Carriers simply hate it when untested software is used on their network without passing various clearances first. It's a risk for them and they come down hard on any company that allows (or does little to prevent) this from occurring.

When a leak occurs, suddenly thousands of users are loading up an untested version of firmware and connecting it to their carriers network. This influx is directly visible to the carriers and they then issue a “please explain” to the company responsible, in this case – BlackBerry. If it keeps happening, it damages the carrier-vendor relationship. We’ve seen evidence of such damage between Carriers and BlackBerry before. I’m not saying this has been caused exclusively from leaks, but I DO know that the existence of constant leaks contributes to this relationship break-down.

One simple reason BlackBerry wish to stem the flow of uncontrolled leaks is to improve their relationship with carriers. Reducing the instances of unauthorised radio stacks means improved internal relations between the carrier and vendor.

In terms of the existence of autoloaders and leaks newer than .700 – they definitely exist. It’s simply that those who have possession of these autoloaders value BlackBerry’s work more than they value their own ‘fame’ by releasing a leaked OS to the masses. There’s a change of mindset occurring within those who have access to such privilege.

Releases will come in time – for now we should each enjoy what we currently have access to and know that BlackBerry is working hard on new and improved releases which will come to us in due time.
    07-15-14 07:55 PM
    You realize Apple charges developers $99/year and beta OSes are only available for registered developers. Also, the beta requires you agree to their NDA so it's not like you can go around and show it off. And no, Apple doesn't include all/unannounced features in beta software.
    I'm running Yosemite 10.10 DP3

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 08:14 PM
    The only thing carriers care about are the idiots that call them to complain when their phone doesn't work as expected. And the same idiots complain to BB about the same issues when they "should" know they are running an incomplete or not a release candidate os. /smh

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-15-14 08:18 PM
    The only thing carriers care about are the idiots that call them to complain when their phone doesn't work as expected. And the same idiots complain to BB about the same issues when they "should" know they are running an incomplete or not a release candidate os. /smh

Posted via CrackBerry App
    Agreed.

BTW, not whining, moaning, nor want anyone to lose their job. I have a Z and a Q. So, while I don't have a newer BlackBerry, like others, I want OS leaks same as I have always used on "all" of my BlackBerries. Chen wants the leaks stopped to indicate control as HMFIC.
    moody, ubizmo, LP_Rigg and 1 others like this.
    07-15-14 10:10 PM
76 1234