07-31-13 01:35 PM
30 12
tools
    Am thinking of download a leak for 10.2 is it worth it?

Is it safe, could I use banking apps etc and be safe in the knowledge that it's safe and secure

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 02:42 PM
    Yes its perfectly safe. Load it up!
    07-29-13 02:44 PM
    If you install a leaked os in your android phone, its risky : the person who compiled it could have placed something in the os to capture and send your personal data to a tp server. Thanks to god, not a lot of people are able to come this and those who can will not do that. For BlackBerry, it's just impossible to load an os, can load a different radio file but that is it. If the os or the application file is not signed by BlackBerry, it will not load over your kernel.
    If that wasn't the case, people who want bb10 on the PlayBook would have got it long time ago ( if we had read/write room access, we could take the z10 os, play with it a little and put it in the PlayBook)

Disclaimer, I am not a expert. This is
    My own understanding of this.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-13 02:50 PM
    Yes, leaks are safe. We cannot tamper with the os or you would not be able to load it on your phone. They are completely safe.
    07-29-13 02:52 PM
    Safe in terms of viruses and worms, yes.

Safe in terms of you not losing all your info? No - backups can be corrupted or simply not work with a new leak. I've been running leaks almost since the day I bought my Q10 in May, and I've lost major amounts of data twice - once through my own fault, bricked the phone due to an unfinished feature and didn't have a recent backup, and once because Link saved a corrupted backup file and I had to use one from a week prior.

Posted via CB10 on Q10
    ofutur and BigRob673 like this.
    07-29-13 03:33 PM

Is it safe, could I use banking apps etc and be safe in the knowledge that it's safe and secure

Posted via CB10
    It's still a BlackBerry, so it'll be safe.
    07-29-13 03:40 PM
    just as safe as a Blackberry/Carrier official release. No one can make their own or tamper with the OS.
    07-29-13 04:00 PM
    of course 2 of the people telling you its safe are members of the OS Elite Team and a third is a moderator so they could all be in on the conspiracy to slip a trojan horse into the OS and loot all our bank accounts
    07-29-13 04:36 PM
    of course 2 of the people telling you its safe are members of the OS Elite Team and a third is a moderator so they could all be in on the conspiracy to slip a trojan horse into the OS and loot all our bank accounts
    LOL! Actually that mod that answered is a turn coat. Leaks also depends where you take them, just make sure your not near poison oak, or poison ivy, oh, and snakes, LOL

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by idahobatman; 07-30-13 at 04:54 PM.
    07-29-13 06:46 PM
    Yeah, these OS elite team members are becoming real suspects of data loss, valuable data loss! The other day I couldn't restore my dog photo album I had on my Z10, WTF! And beware of the hybrids, those can make your BB10 phone boot and perform way too fast, it can get suspicious as well, too good to be true...there has to be some hack or malware on them ...have a good week everyone!
    pili4 and 3hb78ftg like this.
    07-29-13 06:47 PM
    Just become educated and follow instructions!

READ, READ and READ some more. You'll be happy you did. Don't get frustrated. There is an answer!

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    07-29-13 07:10 PM

Posted via CB10
    The leaks are as safe as loading an official OS from your carrier. The files are all signed by BlackBerry and can not be tampered with in any way.

Posted using mind control while drunk on a STL100-4/10.2.0.8xx LE on VZW. #OSElite
    07-29-13 07:21 PM
    they're only safe if you're sporting goodnites, bud.
    pili4 and 00stryder like this.
    07-29-13 09:20 PM
    they're only safe if you're sporting goodnites, bud.
    Surely that Depends
    BerryWizard and 00stryder like this.
    07-30-13 05:56 AM
    As long as you can stand the risks, it always safe.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 06:00 AM
    Should you decide to take a leak, remember not to do it in public.

Posted via the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    07-30-13 06:11 AM
    LOL! Actually a mod that is a turn coat. Leaks also depends where you take them, just make sure your not near poison oak, or poison ivy, oh, and snakes, LOL

Posted via CB10
    Wholly uncontrolled itching Batman...:rofl:

You forgot to add that leaks should not be done in public because of indecent exposure laws. LOL

SILENCE!!! For I have spoken...
    idahobatman likes this.
    07-30-13 07:44 AM

You forgot to add that leaks should not be done in public because of indecent exposure laws. LOL

Hey, then they all should be held responsible for all those public leaks! Fine 'em all!
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    07-30-13 09:49 AM
    OK-this thread is leaking oil now-lol-and if you can't trust a mod with 18,000+ posts, who can you trust? Completely safe with a good, clean backup.
    07-30-13 10:28 AM

Point well taken CB citizan.

Posted via CB10
    3hb78ftg likes this.
    07-30-13 04:56 PM
    OK-this thread is leaking oil now-lol-and if you can't trust a mod with 18,000+ posts, who can you trust? Completely safe with a good, clean backup.
    Not saying you can't trust his opinion, but in my eyes if you can't stick w BlackBerry in the hard times, then why be a mod? Oh that's right, because the founder didn't.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 04:58 PM

Posted via CB10
    If by the meaning of safe is no major bugs, no. As per the FAQ it is not as stable as 10.1 MR.

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 07:31 PM
    Asked the same question and got sarcastic people all over the thread but eventually I got some nice people to answer that it is safe and no one can actually modify it so it's safe

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    07-30-13 07:34 PM
    Asked the same question and got sarcastic people all over the thread but eventually I got some nice people to answer that it is safe and no one can actually modify it so it's safe

Yeah I saw that one... take the signature off, it will help :-D (just FYI that was half joking half serious)

Posted via CB10
    07-30-13 08:12 PM
    Yeah I saw that one... take the signature off, it will help :-D (just FYI that was half joking half serious)

Posted via CB10
    Yep ikr, what about the signature lol? I use them both iOS and Z10, iOS often though because it serves my needs including spotify, instagram and I'm also addicted to that iOS game called hayday and I can't stop playing it :P

07-30-13 08:16 PM
30 12