Definitely dried up since Chen's arrival!

 Passport
    04-10-16 01:51 PM
    Leaks implies something to leak in the first place.
    04-10-16 01:59 PM
    True and true!
    04-10-16 02:02 PM
    Chen said if you leak I will fire you ..... Then he fired them anyway .
    04-10-16 02:52 PM
    Hey, check your facts! No one has been fired from BlackBerry in a long time - there have been far too many layoffs to be able to afford to fire anyone else!
    04-10-16 03:24 PM
    Hey, check your facts! No one has been fired from BlackBerry in a long time - there have been far too many layoffs to be able to afford to fire anyone else!
    You mean they can't fire the only guy working on BB10. Duh.

Posted via CB10
    Vistaus, RRM21, 308hunter and 1 others like this.
    04-10-16 03:30 PM
    We used to get OS leaks on quite a regular basis this has now dried up like water in the Sahara! Shame really

 Passport
    04-11-16 12:28 PM
    We used to get OS leaks on quite a regular basis this has now dried up like water in the Sahara! Shame really

 Passport
    Well yeah, they had actual employees working on the OS then. Now it's just like one guy.
    Carjackd likes this.
    04-11-16 01:11 PM
    Someone should tell the poor guy that Blackberry is Dead., lol
    04-11-16 04:32 PM
    This actually makes sense, lol.

I get the position because I think leaks are ridiculous, to a certain extent. In BlackBerry's case, they actually need leaks because they don't have a steady release schedule like the other big dogs. Also, BlackBerry should have better positioned themselves with public betas, you know, like how Apple and Google do it? Or would this not benefit them? Or is it lack of manpower to go through public beta info collected?
    Last edited by Plazmic Flame; 04-11-16 at 07:56 PM. Reason: fixing drunken grammar
    04-11-16 04:51 PM
    Definitely dried up since Chen's arrival!

 Passport
    Leak a dead OS? What would be the point?
    04-11-16 09:15 PM
    Or is it lack of manpower to go through public beta info collected?
    Arguably, even when they had the manpower, there was little use of the feedback delivered to them from beta testers. It's not hard to find many folks who will tell you that even when bugs were noted, they were never addressed. The whole Passport screen flickering thing that happened was, according to many, reported through Beta Zone but never fixed until AFTER the OS was released and many people had issues.
    Plazmic Flame and moyah8 like this.
    04-11-16 10:33 PM
    I think it dried up for now because it wouldn't make any sense for someone to leak as long as the NIAP implementation is still a WIP. A leak would only compromise security (because NIAP is only half implemented right now, thus it's not certified yet) and there are always idiots who are gonna complain to BlackBerry about that even though they know they are using a leak.

Posted via CB10 using BlackBerry Passport (OG Red)
    04-11-16 11:55 PM
    Who is taking a leak?
    04-12-16 12:19 AM
    Unfortunately I think you are right...

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 05:23 AM
    Who is taking a leak?
    Back in a minute
    04-12-16 06:19 AM
    Leak a dead OS? What would be the point?
    How is the OS dead?

 Passport
    04-12-16 06:33 AM
    How is the OS dead?

 Passport
    An OS that hasn't gotten a significant update in almost a year, how else would you describe it?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-16 06:44 AM
    Figure noone is there to follow up os10. Chen has no interest in it whatsoever, or has he? Agree - if OS hasnt been tweaked for a whole year it is dead in the eyes of the manufacturer
    04-12-16 07:12 AM
    How is the OS dead?

 Passport
    For most of us, it is dead... because there aren't new devices to upgrade to. As an all touch user, I can tell you that I don't see going from the Z10 to the LEAP as an upgrade, and the Z30 is pretty much history at this point... but still not much of an upgrade compared to the rest of the market.

And the fact that BB10 isn't going to get better, it isn't going to see "more" app compatibility... what it is today is the best it will probably ever be.

No it's not dead, but it's like a sixteen year old dog.... it won't be long.
    Plazmic Flame and moyah8 like this.
    04-12-16 07:23 AM
    How is the OS dead?

 Passport
    Blackberry uses Android! What other message do you need to see? The developer doesn't believe in it
    moyah8 likes this.
    04-12-16 09:50 AM
    Yip very sad R.I.P. BB10
    Last edited by andysan1971; 04-12-16 at 03:31 PM.
    04-12-16 01:17 PM
    Perhaps confirmation from company that confirms so not idol speculation!

 Passport
    Some people don't have to get wet to know it's raining.

No devices in the roadmap - even though the exiting lineup is based on pretty old spes.
    No major features for BB10 - just security patches.
    No Developer tool updates.
    Most everyone working on BB10 was let go, with a small amount assigned to Android.
    No Runtime updates for developers to worry about.
    End of BB10 app development recognition.
    BB10 removed from most of the recent trade shows and most BES information flyers.
    Chen talking about getting out of hardware if he can't make a go of it with Android.

The way I see it.... if Android fails, BlackBerry gets out of the hardware business. If Android is a success, it will be a minimum enterprise success... there won't be millions to reinvest in a program that has already lost BILLIONS of dollars. Besides, the only way Android is a success is if it is able to replace BB10. Those companies with iOS or Android aren't going to be looking for change in the short term.... and that's all the time Android has with BlackBerry.
    04-12-16 03:31 PM
    The only thing leaking is BlackBerry.

Z30-STA100-5 (T-Mo)-SR 10.3.2.2836 / OS 10.3.2.2876
    04-15-16 12:24 PM
    Some people don't have to get wet to know it's raining.

No devices in the roadmap - even though the exiting lineup is based on pretty old spes.
    No major features for BB10 - just security patches.
    No Developer tool updates.
    Most everyone working on BB10 was let go, with a small amount assigned to Android.
    No Runtime updates for developers to worry about.
    End of BB10 app development recognition.
    BB10 removed from most of the recent trade shows and most BES information flyers.
    Chen talking about getting out of hardware if he can't make a go of it with Android.

The way I see it.... if Android fails, BlackBerry gets out of the hardware business. If Android is a success, it will be a minimum enterprise success... there won't be millions to reinvest in a program that has already lost BILLIONS of dollars. Besides, the only way Android is a success is if it is able to replace BB10. Those companies with iOS or Android aren't going to be looking for change in the short term.... and that's all the time Android has with BlackBerry.
    Yip see my post 22 coming to terms that Blackberry 10 is dead R.I.P

 Passport
    04-15-16 03:15 PM