12-09-13 02:48 AM
137 ... 3456
tools
    Note: emotionless black and white (or blue, or green, or whatever font color you use) of internet text can blur the line between true honesty and bitter sarcasm. I'm guilty of using the latter more than the former, and so it could be excused if someone reading this suspected I was being less pure than the driven snow that is currently falling on many a friend of mine. I therefore want to make it abundantly clear that this post is 100% honesty, and not an ounce of sarcasm or bitterness is poisoning these words.

Today is a sad day for the BlackBerry community, for we have lost a resource that provided a service that many members of CrackBerry find invaluable. Obviously, the resource I speak of is Berryleaks, and the service is providing a bridge between those who have newer OSes from BlackBerry and the average user of the forums here. There is disagreement about the merits of some methods of dissemination, but at this time the past is the past and the future should be the focus.

A great deal both positive and negative has been said about the BerryLeaks team. Although I disagree with some of their methods, I want to make it clear that I appreciate the great minds that were a part of the team, and the effort they put into helping forum members.

I have seen a lot of despair on the forums today; posts foretelling the end of leaks, and even the end of CrackBerry itself. I would like to say a few words on this subject.

Leakers come and leakers go, but as long as I can remember there has always been leaks. There have been some individuals and groups who have made a much larger impression on the community, and BerryLeaks stands supreme among those. Before BerryLeaks, there was Rroyy. Before there was Rroyy, there was BBH. Before BBH, there was undoubtedly some other big name.

Between all these big names there have always been other leakers. Leakers whose names are not remembered because they put the leak above the leaker. There will always be leaks.

Let us take something important from the rise and fall of BerryLeaks: there are some who want as much information as possible before they install a leak. In the future, when the leaks come (as they surely will), let us as a community rise to the occasion and show that the CrackBerry community is up to the task. Let those who love leaks explore them, and discover what is in them, as a community. And after the power of an entire community has explored the nether regions of the uncharted territory of the latest OS, let us then return and report, so that the careful and cautious can know exactly what they're installing, why they should install it, and how best to do so.

So again: thank you to the members of BerryLeaks for what you've done. To the rest of the community, be prepared to rise to the occasion. And to everyone,

Keep Calm, and BB10.
    Very well put. Thank you SCrid2000. Cheers!
    12-08-13 08:59 PM
    Thought we were going in a new direction. Lol

Posted from my Z30
    Generally, that was a bad direction in a family forum.
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 09:00 PM
    Generally, that was a bad direction in a family forum.
    Very bad.

Posted from my Z30
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-08-13 09:01 PM
    Back then... on the forums you would get banned for leaking os... I remember the good old days...

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    That's why we used PMs.
    LP_Rigg likes this.
    12-08-13 09:28 PM
    That's why we used PMs.
    Is that short for prime minister. Lol

Posted from my Z30. C00071CA4 BBE
    12-08-13 09:29 PM
    The Android Community has OS Developers. We have OS leakers even if at times they acted like developers.

Back in the old days there was no drama around leaks. There was definitely a more egalitarian ethos. People didn't get yelled at for asking questions.

Still, it is better to have leaks with all the issues than no leaks at all, understanding that the team did not leak 10.2.1.1055.

Posted via CB10
    Well, back in the day people knew where they stood with BB and no offense to anyone in particular, but the majority of them were, well, not kids.

You've made it clear about your feelings for the BLT!
    I LOVE BLT!

Leakers come and Leakers go. Keep Calm and BB10-blt.jpg
    Fret Madden and Derlitz like this.
    12-08-13 10:08 PM
    Back in the old days there was no drama around leaks. There was definitely a more egalitarian ethos. People didn't get yelled at for asking questions.
    Which forums would you be referring to? Around here even years ago I can recall members asking questions, at least half the time the answer was a rude response to "use the search function, that's what it's for". Who else recalls when the suggested threads were introduced as part of the new post process in order to cut back on the redundant threads popping up all over the place?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:17 PM
    So is there a leak to go with that BLT

Posted from my Z30. C00071CA4 BBE
    12-08-13 10:21 PM
    We really appreciate the leaks. They. And the phone is so much fun with leaks

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:23 PM
    Which forums would you be referring to? Around here even years ago I can recall members asking questions, at least half the time the answer was a rude response to "use the search function, that's what it's for". Who else recalls when the suggested threads were introduced as part of the new post process in order to cut back on the redundant threads popping up all over the place?
    How is/was that rude?
    12-08-13 10:24 PM
    I may be stoned for saying this, but deep down I'm hoping another leak isn't released anytime soon. It would give those members that have thrown aside their humanity and becomes beasts for leaks to detox and hopefully regain their senses.

Won't happen, but nice sentiment.

The Android Community has OS Developers. We have OS leakers even if at times they acted like developers.

People, you are missing one VERY LARGE POINT: there is no way to root BB10. So there are likely never going to be "OS developers" because in order to develop and install a completely different OS you have to be able to root the device.

THAT is why BlackBerry 10 only has "leakers", and not "OS developers".

BIG diff.
    12-08-13 10:35 PM
    How is/was that rude?
    When it's phrased as I put it, it isn't rude at all. However, while some of the replies to questions were helpful, some weren't; they'd get either gentle reminders to search before posting or outright blasted with gems like "you know that little box that says 'search' is there for SEARCHING so people like you don't fill up the forums with useless junk that's been asked a billion times already" or "just put your phone down, you're obviously too dumb to be messing with ______ if you can't use a simple search function" - that qualifies as rude as far as I can tell.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:49 PM
    They come and go...but are they allowed to come back

Sent from my Red Lumia 920
    anon721037, Derlitz and ghundiraj like this.
    12-08-13 10:50 PM
    They come and go...but are they allowed to come back

Sent from my Red Lumia 920
    In my book, anyone who's first priority here (obviously, real life/family/jobs comes first) is furthering the BlackBerry community is welcome. Anyone who puts themselves above the community is not.

So yes, anyone can come back, if they can accept that their value here is as a member of the community rather than as an individual or part of a small limited membership group.
    12-08-13 11:05 PM
    In my book, anyone who's first priority here (obviously, real life/family/jobs comes first) is furthering the BlackBerry community is welcome. Anyone who puts themselves above the community is not.

So yes, anyone can come back, if they can accept that their value here is as a member of the community rather than as an individual or part of a small limited membership group.
    couldn't agree more
    12-08-13 11:15 PM
    Won't happen, but nice sentiment.

People, you are missing one VERY LARGE POINT: there is no way to root BB10. So there are likely never going to be "OS developers" because in order to develop and install a completely different OS you have to be able to root the device.

THAT is why BlackBerry 10 only has "leakers", and not "OS developers".

BIG diff.
    If they can put that keyboard on an iPhone, there's gotta be a way to attach a Chia Pet to a BlackBerry...... Ya know, for the roots!
    12-08-13 11:20 PM
    Drugs are bad and kids shouldn't do it, so I won't.

And I will just BB10, thank you for the advice.

Posted via CB10
    If it weren't for drugs, we'd all be on medication!
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 11:31 PM
    lmao ummm wow @funktastic

but on topic;

I am very tech-saavy and I, for one, appreciated all the hard work and time the BL Team put into releasing the leaks.. it's nice to see what bugs an install has BEFORE you use it, so you know if you want to go ahead with it... who wants to waste effort installing a leak only to find it is unusable for your needs? it only saves us time... and they never find EVERYTHING, so the leak aficionado's will surely still find some goodies and get even more satisfaction because they'll have the pleasure of pointing out they "found something that wasn't listed in the OP" lol...

for those who say, "well just wait for the OS bugs & fixes thread"... well, I could, but then again, all the anxious nancies could just wait for the tested leak, which is still well ahead of any official OS...

we know there were other leakers before and will be more after, but the BL team basically organized this whole process for us like few other leakers... they made it an actual "release" not just a "leak"...

so I know leaks will continue, but BL Team will be sorely missed!
    bradu1, keenwerkz, PJD642 and 2 others like this.
    12-08-13 11:33 PM
    lmao ummm wow @funktastic

but on topic;

I am very tech-saavy and I, for one, appreciated all the hard work and time the BL Team put into releasing the leaks.. it's nice to see what bugs an install has BEFORE you use it, so you know if you want to go ahead with it... who wants to waste effort installing a leak only to find it is unusable for your needs? it only saves us time... and they never find EVERYTHING, so the leak aficionado's will surely still find some goodies and get even more satisfaction because they'll have the pleasure of pointing out they "found something that wasn't listed in the OP" lol...

for those who say, "well just wait for the OS bugs & fixes thread"... well, I could, but then again, all the anxious nancies could just wait for the tested leak, which is still well ahead of any official OS...

we know there were other leakers before and will be more after, but the BL team basically organized this whole process for us like few other leakers... they made it an actual "release" not just a "leak"...

so I know leaks will continue, but BL Team will be sorely missed!
    +1000

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-09-13 12:01 AM
    The animosity here is also from the most childish members.

Fact of the matter is, leaks will come, but with much less consistency than we've had. And I doubt I'll even trust the sources enough to use them.

Just think of how many leaks we've had. And how many came from sources other than the leaks team? Yeah...that's what we have to look forward to.

You still have yet to comprehend the over whelming fact that, THEY HAVE NO SOURCE ANYMORE. Which is why they haven't releases a leak in almost a month now? Maybe a little shorter time frame not sure. I didn't load the last one. I loaded something that didn't come from them. You guys keep saying things like leaks will be at a slower pace, or we won't get any at all. Fact is they can't leak you what they do not have possession of anyway.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:11 AM
    You still have yet to comprehend the over whelming fact that, THEY HAVE NO SOURCE ANYMORE. Which is why they haven't releases a leak in almost a month now? Maybe a little shorter time frame not sure. I didn't load the last one. I loaded something that didn't come from them. You guys keep saying things like leaks will be at a slower pace, or we won't get any at all. Fact is they can't leak you what they do not have possession of anyway.

Posted via CB10
    Not a fact. Your opinion. And I don't know you. Why would I believe you over them? I wouldn't.

habs_fan likes this.
    12-09-13 01:16 AM
    My eyes!! Me eyes!!!

I actually didn't know what I was looking at for a second!

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    12-09-13 01:17 AM
    Not a fact. Your opinion. And I don't know you. Why would I believe you over them? I wouldn't.

Um ok. I guess you "know" these other people who haven't leaked you anything to load for a good while now.

Posted via CB10
    12-09-13 01:20 AM
    Um ok. I guess you "know" these other people who haven't leaked you anything to load for a good while now.

Posted via CB10
    How do you know he doesn't?

"We are truly alone, the scars on your heart are yours to atone" (BBM#18)
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-09-13 01:30 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hmmm... again, I don't know you, but I am certain that what you are claiming as fact is no more than a guess.

habs_fan likes this.
    12-09-13 01:35 AM
137 ... 3456