12-09-13 02:48 AM
137 ... 23456
tools
    Personally, I think it's indicative of the CB site as a whole. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a hater. I'm a BB devotee and lover for over 8 yrs, but there's definitely been a decline in overall content and editor contributions over the last 6 mos. Realistically, when's the last time we've seen Kevin make a contribution?

I hope I'm wrong, but I think the BL dissolution is just the beginning...
    Speaking of this. I asked Kevin a couple weeks ago if he had retired. I never got a response. Lmao. Of course I was just playing. And actually he uploaded the bar file and gave out the link for a beta test a few days ago in the forums and I believe he wrote a small article on it. So he is still around lol.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 06:58 PM
    As a novice to all this loading of leaks etc. I just want to say a personal THANKS! to all the folks that have helped provide the leaks, the tools, the "how to" for everything posted. I have learned a tremendous amount due to all of these posts and help from the community!!! I do hope the leaks will continue. I would hate to think I have to rely on a carrier to provide me with these BB10 releases. I'm getting older and greyer and life's too short.....or as they say, Life is a journey, not a guided tour! So, let's continue the journey....with some civility.
    JoBudden likes this.
    12-08-13 06:59 PM
    Speaking of this. I asked Kevin a couple weeks ago if he had retired. I never got a response. Lmao. Of course I was just playing. And actually he uploaded the bar file and gave out the link for a beta test a few days ago in the forums and I believe he wrote a small article on it. So he is still around lol.

Posted via CB10
    Well that's somewhat reassuring...

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 07:09 PM
    I agree that the reasons given for the dissolution of the Leaks team did not pass the "smell test" but neither do I have any idea if what you are suggesting is true.
    I used the exact same phrase when I heard about it lol, but it really doesn't matter why. What's done is done, here's to a bright future full of leaks and intense community involvement.
    Kris Simundson likes this.
    12-08-13 07:58 PM
    Gee you must be old spade.

Posted from my Z30. C00071CA4 BBE
    I am not

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 07:59 PM
    I am not

Well you said you've been around a long time. Lol. How long is long.

Posted from my Z30
    12-08-13 08:00 PM
    I am not

Lol, no you're not, you're new blood I'm a few months late, but welcome to CrackBerry and thanks for being here and helping out

The thing is, people's memories are so short. We had leaks before BerryLeaks for BB10 earlier this year. BerryLeaks (prior to that, the Elite Team) only came into being a few months ago.
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:00 PM
    Well you said you've been around a long time. Lol. How long is long.

Posted from my Z30
    My old id was from 09 or 10 I been lurking for years

anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:07 PM

Well I will just keep asking you questions , that will help with your count.

Posted from my Z30
    moody likes this.
    12-08-13 08:09 PM

Hey same as me., only I am old. Lol

Posted from my Z30
    12-08-13 08:12 PM
    What the xxxxxxxxxxxxxx???????

anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:23 PM
    Hey same as me., only I am old. Lol

Posted from my Z30

How do you lose your user ID?
    anon721037 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:24 PM
    How do you lose your user ID?
    It's easy when your a old short little fat ****er.

Posted from my Z30
    12-08-13 08:25 PM
    Thanks for posting this. While I am new to the BB10 community, I've been around dev teams and leak teams for many other devices and OS's. These things come and go, and This too, shall pass.

I just appreciate the people willing to take the time/effort/risk to bring the leaks out to the world for the rest of us to play with... and I personally appreciate that there are "play-tested" as well as completely wild leaks.
    12-08-13 08:25 PM
    My eyes!! Me eyes!!!

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-08-13 08:27 PM
    My eyes!! Me eyes!!!

I know CB is now xrated

Posted from my Z30
    Paisley Pirate likes this.
    12-08-13 08:27 PM
    Thanks for posting this. While I am new to the BB10 community, I've been around dev teams and leak teams for many other devices and OS's. These things come and go, and This too, shall pass.

I just appreciate the people willing to take the time/effort/risk to bring the leaks out to the world for the rest of us to play with... and I personally appreciate that there are "play-tested" as well as completely wild leaks.
    Leaks are always tested and feedback has always been given, if you look back over the forums for a few years you'll see that's the case. The only difference is whether the community is able to do it or a small group precludes the community.
    But that's neither here nor there, leaks will continue, and here's to the community
    12-08-13 08:31 PM
    Thanks for the report so those images could be deleted. Some just seem to have no sense of propriety.
    anon721037, eldricho, Uzi and 1 others like this.
    12-08-13 08:34 PM
    Thanks for the report so those images could be deleted. Some just seem to have no sense of propriety.
    Thought we were going in a new direction. Lol

Posted from my Z30
    bradu1 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:37 PM
    I had no issues with the Berry Leaks team, but ya know what I'm not gonna miss? Post #3 (and post #8, and #29, and #42, etc., etc.) in the thread asking if android runtime is unlocked, when the answer is clearly stated in the OP.

(I don't have an STL-1, so those posts didn't bug me as much)
    Seems to me people might just start making separate threads now if there isn't sort sort of "main" thread for each leak.

I personally don't understand all this animosity toward the BerryLeaks team. I came from using a ton of Android phones and the Android ROM community was never this full of hate. Sure there were spats here and their from the most childish users; but they were mainly spats about who's ROM's were better, faster, less buggy, more feature rich, they were never about "X" holding back a release or "Y" being self righteous.

I guess I can see why the Android community seems tighter to me. There's more variety of ROM's and a larger selection of developers creating those ROM's enough to satisfy nearly everyone's appetite. Here we had mainly one team providing what they could and what they felt appropriate for general consumption. And we as human beings can become the nastiest and the most evil of creatures when certain hungers and thirsts set in. We disregard any politeness, morals & ethics just to satisfy those hungers and quench those thirsts.

I may be stoned for saying this, but deep down I'm hoping another leak isn't released anytime soon. It would give those members that have thrown aside their humanity and becomes beasts for leaks to detox and hopefully regain their senses. Addicts, a harsh word to use; but there just is no other word for what some members have become.
    12-08-13 08:40 PM
    Leaks are always tested and feedback has always been given, if you look back over the forums for a few years you'll see that's the case. The only difference is whether the community is able to do it or a small group precludes the community.
    But that's neither here nor there, leaks will continue, and here's to the community
    Understood. I wasn't just thanking BLT for their part in it, but all who have done so and will continue to do so.
    I was on one of those beta tester teams years ago on my Casio BE300 and some of the side developed software for it (since it was a crippled CE device, and I had been running HP CE1, 2 and 3 prior to getting it) , and again with some of the development on some of the odder legs of OS 3.x on the Amiga (because I had a 500, a couple of 2000's, and a 4000 all in hand, I could see what AGA/non-AGA would do in real time, side by side and give feedback, AND I was working ONLY a 45 hour week back then, so plenty of time to play with it). The best dev time on the BE was when everybody got a hold of it and let it truly get out into "the wild".

You have it spot on - "leaks will continue, and here's to the community!" EXACTLY!
    SCrid2000 likes this.
    12-08-13 08:46 PM
    Seems to me people might just start making separate threads now if there isn't sort sort of "main" thread for each leak.

I personally don't understand all this animosity toward the BerryLeaks team. I came from using a ton of Android phones and the Android ROM community was never this full of hate. Sure there were spats here and their from the most childish users; but they were mainly spats about who's ROM's were better, faster, less buggy, more feature rich, they were never about "X" holding back a release or "Y" being self righteous.

I guess I can see why the Android community seems tighter to me. There's more variety of ROM's and a larger selection of developers creating those ROM's enough to satisfy nearly everyone's appetite. Here we had mainly one team providing what they could and what they felt appropriate for general consumption. And we as human beings can become the nastiest and the most evil of creatures when certain hungers and thirsts set in. We disregard any politeness, morals & ethics just to satisfy those hungers and quench those thirsts.

I may be stoned for saying this, but deep down I'm hoping another leak isn't released anytime soon. It would give those members that have thrown aside their humanity and becomes beasts for leaks to detox and hopefully regain their senses. Addicts, a harsh word to use; but there just is no other word for what some members have become.
    I don't recall any animosity existing when leaks were released directly to the community rather than held back by a select few. There's also a very good reason why Android Roms don't have that issue - they're released as soon as the BUILDER feels it's ready; unlike BlackBerry leaks, someone actually has to compile an Android OS and make sure it runs. With BB10 leaks, no tweaks or modifications can be made.

But again, that is neither here nor there. Look to the future
    12-08-13 08:46 PM

The animosity here is also from the most childish members.

Fact of the matter is, leaks will come, but with much less consistency than we've had. And I doubt I'll even trust the sources enough to use them.

Just think of how many leaks we've had. And how many came from sources other than the leaks team? Yeah...that's what we have to look forward to.

12-08-13 08:48 PM
    The Android Community has OS Developers. We have OS leakers even if at times they acted like developers.

Back in the old days there was no drama around leaks. There was definitely a more egalitarian ethos. People didn't get yelled at for asking questions.

Still, it is better to have leaks with all the issues than no leaks at all, understanding that the team did not leak 10.2.1.1055.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 08:49 PM
    I may be stoned for saying this, but deep down I'm hoping another leak isn't released anytime soon.
    A part of me agrees with you as there are a lot of childish people participating in the leaks forum. But, since I am captive to the U S carriers I would still be on 10.1 if it wasn't for leaks or tools like were created by Xsacha to grab production releases from carriers in other countries.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 08:49 PM
137 ... 23456