12-09-13 01:48 AM
137 1234 ...
tools
    Is this a happy ending?

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 01:00 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    This is still on this page, yet people still try to push down ppl throat as to why the BL team decided to do what they feel is best.

Only they know what the reason is, and they don't owe us any explanation.

Let then rest in peace and move on eh.
    Mecca EL and toobs623 like this.
    12-08-13 01:06 AM
    This is still on this page, yet people still try to push down ppl throat as to why the BL team decided to do what they feel is best.

Only they know what the reason is, and they don't owe us any explanation.

Let then rest in peace and move on eh.
    Agreed!

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    Mecca EL, toobs623 and Uzi like this.
    12-08-13 04:59 AM
    Sorry, but I can't stay serious when reading OP post or similar exaggerated posts. It's not like somebody died. It's not like you have to be a great mind or achieve anything to upload an unmodified and also unalterable OS to a file hoster and share the link. The only thing that separates members of leak groups from ordinary people is that they know some dude who sends them internal download links of beta software.

3 Steps to being a successful leak group:
    1. know some dude who gives you BB beta software (OS)
    2. open webbrowser, navigate to mega.co.nz, drag&drop the beta software, share the link with the community
    3. do as many additional things nobody asked you to do as possible: hold back leaks, because you and ONLY you have to test them first inside the leak group. Expand the group, increase the amount of members, because one guy is not enough for uploading the leak, you have to be a group for that. Make videos, try to complicate things, feel superior (inofficially), feel responsible for giving 24/7 support on the leak, get angry or frustrated if your 24/7 support is not appreciated or people ask stupid things multiple times, etc. pp.

Things could be so easy:
    • Pin 1 thread on the topic of installing leaks in general.
    • if you get a leak, upload it and post the URL, the details you know about it and the compatible devices in a new thread as soon as possible
    • leave the rest to the community. don't feel responsible for the leak, it's not your product anyway. Who needs detailed instructions and personal help everytime a leak drops can either not install leaks or read through the thread on the topic of installing leaks and try again
    Last edited by MyFirstOwnUsername; 12-08-13 at 06:18 AM.
    12-08-13 06:05 AM
    @MyFirstOwnUsername all those things have been said before, but my point is that people should not worry about the past. I hope that the next person(s) with access to leaks do exactly What you suggested.

As far as being great minds, most of the members of bl were fairly accomplished prior to the formation of bl. I would not argue that bl was in and of itself an accomplishment. What we've lost as a community is some of the members of BL who, due to backlash against their decisions, have decided to cease participating in the community.
    Mecca EL, tryfe and Paisley Pirate like this.
    12-08-13 08:47 AM
    @MyFirstOwnUsername all those things have been said before, but my point is that people should not worry about the past. I hope that the next person(s) with access to leaks do exactly What you suggested.

As far as being great minds, most of the members of bl were fairly accomplished prior to the formation of bl. I would not argue that bl was in and of itself an accomplishment. What we've lost as a community is some of the members of BL who, due to backlash against their decisions, have decided to cease participating in the community.
    Well hopefully everyone will return and we can get on with life (crackberry) and start to enjoy the people in this community and stop the bashing.
    Good to see you back.

Posted from my Z30 and a big fan of BlackBerry Empire
    Mecca EL and Uzi like this.
    12-08-13 09:28 AM
    Why are people getting emotional just because there's no one leaking leaks? Hmmm...

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 10:06 AM
    Are there Apple leaks or Android leaks? Not really. There probably won't be BB leaks as we have seen in the past because something has obviously changed that has disrupted the pipeline that was made available to us.

We now all know how to pull releases off BB's severs. That is not the same thing as a leak.

This is probably a good thing even though we all like leaks.
    12-08-13 10:22 AM
    I had no issues with the Berry Leaks team, but ya know what I'm not gonna miss? Post #3 (and post #8, and #29, and #42, etc., etc.) in the thread asking if android runtime is unlocked, when the answer is clearly stated in the OP.

(I don't have an STL-1, so those posts didn't bug me as much)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-08-13 10:44 AM
    Are there Apple leaks or Android leaks? Not really. There probably won't be BB leaks as we have seen in the past because something has obviously changed that has disrupted the pipeline that was made available to us.

We now all know how to pull releases off BB's severs. That is not the same thing as a leak.

This is probably a good thing even though we all like leaks.
    There are indeed Apple leaks.
    There aren't really Android leaks, but Android OS is released as soon as updates are done (not quite open source but Google claims it is) so there's really no way for there to be leaks.

One pipeline may be closed for BlackBerry leaks. However, many people have access to prerelease BlackBerry OSes, it only takes one person to leak an OS. Hopefully next time the leaker will be more interested in having community involvement in the process.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 12-08-13 at 11:11 AM.
    Mecca EL, Paisley Pirate and Sator like this.
    12-08-13 10:46 AM
    [2] hey, leaker dudes,,, how 'bout diggin' up *all* those dusty, or not so dusty, playbook goodies & gettin' them out here??? ya know there's just gotta be some good stuff layin' around... [/2]
    PJD642 and flyingsolid like this.
    12-08-13 10:59 AM
    I wish

12-08-13 11:03 AM
    [2] hey, leaker dudes,,, how 'bout diggin' up *all* those dusty, or not so dusty, playbook goodies & gettin' them out here??? ya know there's just gotta be some good stuff layin' around... [/2]
    It could happen. BL had the PlayBook update weeks before it was released, who knows what else is out there.
    Mecca EL and SEAWARRIOR like this.
    12-08-13 11:13 AM
    I just wish that we weren't left with a buggy .1055

Posted via CB10
    12-08-13 11:14 AM
    Thanks to all, much appreciated.

Gearheadaddy

Trusted Member Genius on a Z10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-08-13 11:15 AM

Posted via CB10
    What bugs do you have???

12-08-13 11:23 AM

Posted via CB10
    All OSes have bugs, I haven't had any major issues with 1055 though. Although that's not really relevant to this thread lol

It is worth noting that BerryLeaks didn't leak 1055.
    rayporsche and Mecca EL like this.
    12-08-13 11:25 AM
    All OSes have bugs, I haven't had any major issues with 1055 though.

Same here...

12-08-13 11:25 AM
    At this point we don't REALLY need leaks for feature sets but an insane focus on optimizing the speed, stability and headlessness of things. Bring on tighter, faster and cleaner runtime. Give us headless apps that allow the dev community to do some exciting stuff and make the 10.2.1 release rock solid.

10.3.X.XXXX now that is where some leaky stuff should be happening.
    Korepab, Paisley Pirate and senel like this.
    12-08-13 11:31 AM
    At this point we don't REALLY need leaks for feature sets but an insane focus on optimizing the speed, stability and headlessness of things. Bring on tighter, faster and cleaner runtime. Give us headless apps that allow the dev community to do some exciting stuff and make the 10.2.1 release rock solid.

10.3.X.XXXX now that is where some leaky stuff should be happening.
    Truth right there. ....

12-08-13 11:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hey try reloading the OS do a wipe and reload software again and set up like new.
    This has worked for me.

Posted from my Z30. C00071CA4 BBE
    12-08-13 11:51 AM
    I have an anxiety disorder, I can't keep calm.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, toobs623, moody and 1 others like this.
    12-08-13 12:05 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just BB10 then lol
    12-08-13 12:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    They have drugs for that

12-08-13 01:32 PM
    Drugs are bad and kids shouldn't do it, so I won't.

And I will just BB10, thank you for the advice.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 and Paisley Pirate like this.
    12-08-13 01:35 PM
137 1234 ...