12-09-13 02:48 AM
137 123 ...
tools
    Note: emotionless black and white (or blue, or green, or whatever font color you use) of internet text can blur the line between true honesty and bitter sarcasm. I'm guilty of using the latter more than the former, and so it could be excused if someone reading this suspected I was being less pure than the driven snow that is currently falling on many a friend of mine. I therefore want to make it abundantly clear that this post is 100% honesty, and not an ounce of sarcasm or bitterness is poisoning these words.

Today is a sad day for the BlackBerry community, for we have lost a resource that provided a service that many members of CrackBerry find invaluable. Obviously, the resource I speak of is Berryleaks, and the service is providing a bridge between those who have newer OSes from BlackBerry and the average user of the forums here. There is disagreement about the merits of some methods of dissemination, but at this time the past is the past and the future should be the focus.

A great deal both positive and negative has been said about the BerryLeaks team. Although I disagree with some of their methods, I want to make it clear that I appreciate the great minds that were a part of the team, and the effort they put into helping forum members.

I have seen a lot of despair on the forums today; posts foretelling the end of leaks, and even the end of CrackBerry itself. I would like to say a few words on this subject.

Leakers come and leakers go, but as long as I can remember there has always been leaks. There have been some individuals and groups who have made a much larger impression on the community, and BerryLeaks stands supreme among those. Before BerryLeaks, there was Rroyy. Before there was Rroyy, there was BBH. Before BBH, there was undoubtedly some other big name.

Between all these big names there have always been other leakers. Leakers whose names are not remembered because they put the leak above the leaker. There will always be leaks.

Let us take something important from the rise and fall of BerryLeaks: there are some who want as much information as possible before they install a leak. In the future, when the leaks come (as they surely will), let us as a community rise to the occasion and show that the CrackBerry community is up to the task. Let those who love leaks explore them, and discover what is in them, as a community. And after the power of an entire community has explored the nether regions of the uncharted territory of the latest OS, let us then return and report, so that the careful and cautious can know exactly what they're installing, why they should install it, and how best to do so.

So again: thank you to the members of BerryLeaks for what you've done. To the rest of the community, be prepared to rise to the occasion. And to everyone,

Keep Calm, and BB10.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 12-07-13 at 11:36 PM.
    12-07-13 10:17 PM
    Ditto

Posted from my Z30
    moody likes this.
    12-07-13 10:22 PM
    agreed leak will always come, berryleak has done a great job

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:23 PM
    Thanks scrid. Where you been?

Via CB10 Runnin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055!
    anon721037 and moody like this.
    12-07-13 10:32 PM
    keep leaking OS then

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:35 PM
    Let us take something important from the rise and fall of BerryLeaks: there are some who want as much information as possible before they install a leak. In the future, when the leaks come (as they surely will), let us as a community rise to the occasion and show that the CrackBerry community is up to the task. Let those who love leaks explore them, and discover what is in them, as a community. And after the power of an entire community has explored the nether regions of the uncharted territory of the latest OS, let us then return and report, so that the careful and cautious can know exactly what they're installing, why they should install it, and how best to do so.
    Well said. We have been ready since day 0 lol. We as a community would like the OS released to the community as part of the beta zone. Don't force your staff to leak to us, let your tweakers join your BZ community and play.

Just my 2c.

Thanks for listening BlackBerry Limited.
    BigBadWulf, jhwo99, tryfe and 4 others like this.
    12-07-13 10:36 PM
    Yup yup yup agree to a certain point
    12-07-13 10:50 PM
    Ditto

Posted from my Z30
    This is funny cause although I didn't put so many words into praising the leaks team I've been preaching this fact all day..

But have been flamed for it. And I believe you took part in doing so but, knowing that you agree with him even if you won't agree with me. Is good enough for me

Thank you scrid as I have been trying to say the same thing. Only I guess you made it more sense. As the people who were trolling me now seem to find your words of wisdom more encouraging. Glad you put it better then I could. You're awesome!
    Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 10:50 PM
    This is funny cause although I didn't put so many words into praising the leaks team I've been preaching this fact all day..

But have been flamed for it. And I believe you took part in doing so but, knowing that you agree with him even if you won't agree with me. Is good enough for me

Posted via CB10
    Yes I understand that , but I'm sure you understand that when texting or posting it's unemotional and you come across in a very different way, just saying.

It's all about having fun, keep it light, joke and laugh if it makes you mad walk a way for min. .

Posted from my Z30
    12-07-13 10:53 PM
    Yes I understand that , but I'm sure you understand that when texting or posting it's unemotional and you come across in a very different way, just saying.

It's all about having fun, keep it light, joke and laugh if it makes you mad walk a way for min. .

Posted from my Z30
    Which is why you shouldn't read so much into what people are trying g to say with emotion but more of the point they are trying to make. Anyone's words can be taken out of context of you try hard enough. And I never once was mad. Just felt the need to defend myself and try to better explain myself. If you own a blackberry and you are on this site. You are ok with me. Because we all share one thing in common. We own and support BlackBerry
    I try to include smiley's and lol's to let you guys know. But I'm more of a straight to the point kind of person. And I'm often labeled rude or whatever. I guess I need to work on wording things so people can understand my ententions are good and fun.
    Posted via CB10
    anon721037 and moyah8 like this.
    12-07-13 10:58 PM
    Guys keep it out this thread plz...

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    habs_fan, bungaboy, yasmar and 7 others like this.
    12-07-13 10:59 PM
    So when is the next leak going to drop?

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    mk2234 likes this.
    12-07-13 10:59 PM
    Guys keep it out this thread plz...

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    Jes not every debate is an argument. I was not insulting. I was not being mean. And I didn't take offense from him. And I don't think he took any from me. That was an apology in the manliest fashion I do believe. So no harm no foul.

See you in the channel big sexy! :P

Posted via CB10
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-07-13 11:03 PM
    Jes not every debate is an argument. I was not insulting. I was not being mean. And I didn't take offense from him. And I don't think he took any from me. That was an apology in the manliest fashion I do believe. So no harm no foul.

Posted via CB10
    Ditto

Posted from my Z30
    SEAWARRIOR likes this.
    12-07-13 11:07 PM
    True its always been part of almost any phone culture and many other type of devices but the point most I believe were making is the BL Team did an excellent job, for the average Jill and Joe they were an excellent resource and most of us had nothing but well wishes for these folk

I could care less for the background politics coz Haters always gonna hate
    12-07-13 11:09 PM
    Great post Scrid!
    Ok this might be a little off topic, but does anyone know anything about the former leakers that Scrid mentioned (Rroyy and BBH)? Would be nice to see where they stand today and if they still rep a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    12-07-13 11:11 PM
    Thanks scrid. Where you been?

Via CB10 Runnin Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055!
    I've always been here, never went anywhere lol. BerryLeaks didn't want my help, and we had fundamental differences of opinion, so I've been doing dev stuff and working a new job. But I'm always here
    keep leaking OS then

Posted via CB10
    If I could I would but I can't. Someone will, that's the point history has shown this. No need to panic.

Posted via CB10
    The idea is to focus on the future and make it a bright one, regardless of our view of the past.
    12-07-13 11:12 PM
    Well- Thank you BL.. you provided us with great stuff..
    Mecca EL likes this.
    12-07-13 11:13 PM
    Yup yup yup agree to a certain point
    Dedo

#IchooseBlackberry10 (BBM#25)
    12-07-13 11:24 PM
    Great post Scrid!
    Ok this might be a little off topic, but does anyone know anything about the former leakers that Scrid mentioned (Rroyy and BBH)? Would be nice to see where they stand today and if they still rep a BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    I don't know about Rroyy, but Justin of BBH still uses a BlackBerry and, although we butted heads back when he was running BBH (somewhat like I did with BerryLeaks), he's a great guy and I thoroughly respect him and what he does for BlackBerry Users now.
    Last edited by SCrid2000; 12-08-13 at 12:47 AM.
    eldricho likes this.
    12-07-13 11:25 PM
    I never get update new BB10 from my carrier. If no leak my z10 will be death.

Posted via CB10
    loveBB6.0 and moody like this.
    12-07-13 11:26 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don’t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you’re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won’t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    12-07-13 11:43 PM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and dont get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If youre on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they wont be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    Every time you post I love you more.

Posted via CB10
    12-07-13 11:51 PM
    In the words of pkcable

http://rlv.zcache.com/drama_free_zon..._8byvr_512.jpg

G night all!

Squircle device powered by 10.2.1.1055
    toobs623 and Paisley Pirate like this.
    12-08-13 12:28 AM
    Nice thread Scrid. This too, shall pass and leaks will return.....eventually.

Sent from my Q10
    moody likes this.
    12-08-13 01:50 AM
137 123 ...