01-15-15 03:03 AM
96 123 ...
tools
    Oh look, here we go again - Leaked OS 10.3.1.1949 Findings and fixes + Questionnaire etc etc etc

Do any of you know what a bug tracker is?

Please, stop this nonsense and move to bug tracker where all this information, you spend so much time writing, can actually be organized so it becomes useful.

Those 10,20,30+ pages long threads are absolute waste of time and effort. On top of this, 75-90% of posts in those threads have virtually nothing to do with a new versions.

Setting up a bugtracker and customizing it to fit our "Findings and fixes" needs is not complicated (speaking form experience).

EDIT:
    To save you some time, skip to:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...l#post11215350

User called xxsashixx has set up a new finding and fixes page, based on bug tracker.
    Last edited by Completing; 01-02-15 at 06:26 AM.
    12-31-14 05:20 AM
    Setting up a bugtracker and customizing it to fit our "Findings and fixes" needs is not complicated (speaking form experience).
    OK, so set one up and lets see how it goes.

Anything that simplifies and organises these threads can only be good.
    12-31-14 05:26 AM
    I do not work for crackberry.com
    thatplaybookguy likes this.
    12-31-14 05:35 AM
    Neither do I or 99% of the people who post in these threads but we all contribute to the community.

Either put up or shut up !!!
    gschep, moosbb, etnt7 and 28 others like this.
    12-31-14 05:45 AM
    Neither does the person who graciously created the questionnaire to try and organize the responses better than just the old "finding and fixes" threads. Neither do most of the people trying to help, so I'm not really sure what that has to do with people stepping up to help out.

If you don't like what's being done, and you think doing it another way is better and extremely easy, then by all means step up and do it yourself. Otherwise you really have no foundation to complain.

Posted via CB10 on my Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1154
    12-31-14 05:47 AM
    OP has a valid point IMO. Unless all you do is living with crackberry and keep checking new posts every time, then it is just not possible to expect people to read every single posts of hundreds of them before installing a leak especially if many of the posts are just frustratingly not related to it. Some of the OP of the leak thread are doing great job by providing and updating necessary information on the first page.

Posted via CB10
    Completing and polgara59 like this.
    12-31-14 05:57 AM
    Bugtracker is great when it's reporting on open source software where it can be used by developers to code fixes. I'm not sure where the value lies to Crackberry Nation? Please explain.

Posted via CB10
    BSar likes this.
    12-31-14 06:46 AM
    Oh look, here we go again - Leaked OS 10.3.1.1949 Findings and fixes + Questionnaire etc etc etc

Please, stop this nonsense and move to bug tracker where all this information, you spend so much time writing, can actually be organized so it becomes useful.

Those 10,20,30+ pages long threads are absolute waste of time and effort. On top of this, 75-90% of posts in those threads have virtually nothing to do with a new versions.

Those threads are the reason why I keep coming back to CB.. they are FUN! They are not intended to be informative for BlackBerry, they have luckily already professional beta testers that are aware of the bugs way before we post them here..
    But all in all.. seeing the passion of everyone who discover "new features" in the leak is the very reason why CB community is so great!! Sometimes is better not to classify and rationalize everything

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 07:56 AM
    Reporting to BB is not the point here. It's gathering useful information from users and presenting it so that it's not losing it's usefulness to others. Looks like it's a really complicated concept to most (at least those 2 CrackBerry Geniuses)

Bugtracker is great when it's reporting on open source software where it can be used by developers to code fixes. I'm not sure where the value lies to Crackberry Nation? Please explain.
    Posted via CB10
    You can find good explanations from the web, why bug trackers are useful organizing information like problems, feature requests, ideas etc. You also need to understand, that this type of software is not limited to be used in software development. You can use BT work flow to do all sorts of useful stuff in a large online community like this.

1) Lets say you like to find what bugs have popped up in new leak.

Using forum post for this is close to useless unless you like to weed through hundreds of useless post in any of those "Findings and fixes threads. We do not even have tags to label posts in a thread.
    With bug tracker like setup, this is really easy.

2) Lets say you like to find what new features have popped up in this new leak.
    Using forum post for this is close to useless unless you like to weed through hundreds of useless post in any of those "Findings and fixes" threads. With bug tracker like setup, this is really easy.

etc etc etc.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    12-31-14 08:31 AM
    It's gathering useful information from users and presenting it so that it's not losing it's usefulness to others. Looks like it's a really complicated concept to most (at least those 2 CrackBerry Geniuses)
    Now just hold on a minute. Assuming that I am one of the "geniuses" you refer to, please see my first post in this thread.

I embraced the concept and invited you to set the wheels in motion which you declined to do as you are not getting paid by CB.

If you are so convinced of the benefit of your suggestion please put your money where you mouth is.

Should you choose to do so you will have my support as I agree that for most users the findings and fixes threads become too cumbersome to be truly useful.
    12-31-14 08:45 AM
    Hi completing since you new here I give you example what a good thread is

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=840355

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...utions-874802/

If you can maintain the thread let said bug tracker go ahead make that thread and answer every question post

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 08:53 AM
    The other problem is that there are hundreds of different permutations and combinations of how people update their OS - variables include destructive and non-destructive, variations on what is restored and by what means, security wipes (and when), what apps are installed, etc, etc. It is therefore impossible to apply a grid to find out what works and what doesn't.

It almost has to be a conversation format to really find out what's going on with each user.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.1949
    Uzi, n8tiveg, SteelHelmet and 2 others like this.
    12-31-14 08:58 AM
    You can create a project on GitHub
    Bug Tracker is free for OpenSource projects
    12-31-14 09:05 AM
    I just came for the cookies...
    12-31-14 09:32 AM

As I see it, you talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Whilst I see some relevance in what you are saying, I am more inclined to see more action from you. (as said) most of the people that post here do not work for BlackBerry. We can only hope that the reported "find and fixes" aids the teething process for less experienced members frustrated with problems, which they may think is isolated to them only.

Additionally, BlackBerry said employees often look at this forum and maybe they them selves can be enlightened by our many "findings and fixes". Its the resourcefulness of a bunch of people that forms a community, and I believe CrackBerry to be a heck of a community.

So, no disrespect intended, but, if you are not part of the solution, then you sure are part of the problem.
    12-31-14 09:37 AM
    I agree on the whole premise, but the implementation would need some serious revamping as we do not work for BlackBerry.

If any of you use SpeedFan, he uses a bug tracker that I frequent a lot. Looks great, able to submit directly to the developer. However I do not feel this would be something BlackBerry would really welcome with open arms. Even if CB were to implement something along those lines it would NOT stop all the duplicate posts.
    12-31-14 10:25 AM
    As I see it, you talk the talk and don't walk the walk. Whilst I see some relevance in what you are saying, I am more inclined to see more action from you. (as said) most of the people that post here do not work for BlackBerry. We can only hope that the reported "find and fixes" aids the teething process for less experienced members frustrated with problems, which they may think is isolated to them only.

Additionally, BlackBerry said employees often look at this forum and maybe they them selves can be enlightened by our many "findings and fixes". Its the resourcefulness of a bunch of people that forms a community, and I believe CrackBerry to be a heck of a community.

So, no disrespect intended, but, if you are not part of the solution, then you sure are part of the problem.
    They probably get discouraged after seeing the same issue posted 30 or 40 times and get to a point where they just f' it and ignore the rest of the thread.
    12-31-14 10:27 AM
    Let me translate it for you: "I can not install nor configure any software to run in crackberry.com servers/domain"
    If it's installed on another address, it's not part of crackberry forum.
    12-31-14 10:41 AM
    Let me translate it for you: "I can not install nor configure any software to run in crackberry.com servers/domain"
    Then I think you chose the wrong place to ask for a software to be installed/configured in the crackberry.com servers/domain. I feel you should be emailing your idea/request to Mobile Nations people, because as I see it, it's useless to post it here for those "two CrackBerry Geniuses" you mentioned and the rest of us mortals....
    12-31-14 10:49 AM
    Then show us your implementation of the bug tracker. If the community like that, CB folks will probably integrate that into the forums.

Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.1154
    SteelHelmet likes this.
    12-31-14 10:54 AM
    The problem/s that need for be solved are duplicate posting and making it easier to find and report issues. Personally I have no idea how to accomplish those things but what I can say is I believe most people would be willing to try whatever solutions are put forth. If it is not part of crackberry then it would pulling users away from here which would make it difficult to get going as CB is the goto place. It would most definitely need to be implemented by CB but could be maintained by non CB employees.

What I have always fund strange is that BlackBerry themselves don't have such a system in place for the public. Can you imagine how much better the OS would be. Every company that I've seen take that approach produce better products and quality.

Posted via CB10
    needforbbx likes this.
    12-31-14 10:58 AM
    Typical.

Z10 10.3.1.1133 via CB10
    SteelHelmet and Blacklatino like this.
    12-31-14 11:05 AM
    I totally agree it's useless, if no one make a summary of the finding on the first post it's a waste of time

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:07 AM
    I totally agree it's useless, if no one make a summary of the finding on the first post it's a waste of time

Posted via CB10
    You are always welcomed to make it.
    12-31-14 11:20 AM
    So who do you suggest to do this on crackberry forum?

Posted via CB10
    12-31-14 11:30 AM
96 123 ...