05-01-14 06:15 PM
893 ... 3132333435 ...
tools
    If u install this os it comes with android runtime locked for example apps like IG candy crush you need debug token to run,but if you use android runtime unlocked you don't need debug token method just normal sideload

Posted via CB10
    Ok thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:22 PM
    How do you remove 'search' bar from apps with this OS build?

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 12:42 PM
    Tried this and does not work?
    [ATTACH]204982[/ATTACH

Posted via CB10
    Reboot the phone.
    An older 10.2 OS had an issue where Android apps would have no Internet access via the mobile data connection.
    A reboot fixes that issue.

If not, verify other android apps can access the web.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:00 PM
    When I am in a call, and I try to use the volume up and down, it has issues, every time I press the up volume it is making mute, after I release the sound comes back, someone understood????

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 01:00 PM
    When I am in a call, and I try to use the volume up and down, it has issues, every time I press the up volume it is making mute, after I release the sound comes back, someone understood????

Posted via CB10
    Sounds like the mute (middle button) is being pressed.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 05:40 PM
    Not to take anything away from you guys posting these leaks, but I'm going back to .1443. Too many annoying little, uhh, annoyances since .1725 that are still there in .1743. Contact settings don't save; BlueTooth connections don't save; Bridge connection disappears with every reboot; and at least a couple of others that I know I've hit but can't remember at the moment. Just throwing it out there in case there's anybody still on the fence about it jumping up to this version.
    I must be lucky have have not had problems you described with the. 1725 leak by chance did you do a security wipe and did you restore or start fresh

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 06:58 PM
    There's a little lag in this build ***sometimes*** but great battery and no bar and all my driod apps work perfectly.

Posted via Q10 using CB10
    09-24-13 07:27 PM
    anyone also experience the lock screen notifications don't sometimes work? When I tap it, it shows nothing. I made sure that the settings are correct but it still occurs .

Z10 any day
    09-24-13 07:28 PM
    Been running this since day one it was leaked and by far (imo) the best one yet. My z10 is a beast right now. No hiccups. No problems. Who needs a z30? Lol jk. I recommend this os though.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 07:51 PM
    If u install this os it comes with android runtime locked for example apps like IG candy crush you need debug token to run,but if you use android runtime unlocked you don't need debug token method just normal sideload

Posted via CB10
    Somewhat new to this so Im sorry if these are dumb questions. But where can I get the unlocked android runtime? Edit: found the thread from berryleaks with the unlocked android runtime Also, I saw some mention of a black bar with the unlocked one, what does this mean?

I am just a little confused about what apps I can put on my phone with each of these two options. And where am I getting the .bar files from for the unlocked android runtime? If my wife has an android device does that help me? I have no interest in going the debug token route.

TIA
    Last edited by Springles; 09-24-13 at 08:24 PM.
    09-24-13 08:06 PM
    Somewhat new to this so Im sorry if these are dumb questions. But where can I get the unlocked android runtime? Edit: found the thread from berryleaks with the unlocked android runtime Also, I saw some mention of a black bar with the unlocked one, what does this mean?

I am just a little confused about what apps I can put on my phone with each of these two options. And where am I getting the .bar files from for the unlocked android runtime? If my wife has an android device does that help me? I have no interest in going the debug token route.

TIA
    Unlocked vs locked - you can sideload the same apps with either one, the difference is the locked runtime requires a debug token (there's a thread, but I'm rushed). You may still need a token with certain apps even with the unlocked runtime, like candy crush and instagram.

The black bar is for navigating in sideloaded and some ported android apps from BlackBerry World. It's permanent in previous builds; with .1725 and .1743, the bar can be hidden.

Posted via CB10
    09-24-13 08:43 PM
    Ok! Got my replacement Q10 fr VZW. Did a fresh install of 1743 after I connected the device to the network (simple expedient of swapping sim card, and calling VZW to expedite).

Noted that dark theme contacts was fine, after I downloaded fr gmail. To tempt the fates, I then wiped the device, re-setup, and am now in the process of restoring a backup taken from 1323, (which I made prior to reverting back to 1047). Will let you know how it all goes. If I can't get dark themes, which I do like, then I'll wipe and fresh install again. Currently typing this via wifi on old Q10, w/ 1047.

Ahhh, the joys of being on the bleeding edge....

autocorrect's for the birds -- SQN100-2. v10.2.0.1047
    09-24-13 09:47 PM
    Ok! Got my replacement Q10 fr VZW. Did a fresh install of 1743 after I connected the device to the network (simple expedient of swapping sim card, and calling VZW to expedite).

Noted that dark theme contacts was fine, after I downloaded fr gmail. To tempt the fates, I then wiped the device, re-setup, and am now in the process of restoring a backup taken from 1323, (which I made prior to reverting back to 1047). Will let you know how it all goes. If I can't get dark themes, which I do like, then I'll wipe and fresh install again. Currently typing this via wifi on old Q10, w/ 1047.

Ahhh, the joys of being on the bleeding edge....

yeah, bad idea. SMS messages came in doubled. GMAIL account needed deleting, and steadfastly refused to do so. All my contacts are backed up in cloud (gmail) so no worries there. Only question - HOW DO I BACKUP CALENDAR FOR CLOUD RESTORE? Thoughts, anyone? Would also like a cloud-based SMA backup is anyone can help there.

Sorry to sound like a noobie on the alternate backup routes, but Link kinda's always done the trick for me, but I'm now looking elsewhere. And my app organization is kinda complex too....anyway this can be loaded somewhere other than link?

Help please? Any advice on alternate backup routes and all things crucial so I don't need to rely on total crap software masquerading as Link.

09-24-13 10:50 PM
    lol.....
    So still with the ER99 off connect by wifi. As well really taking battery hits for just standby and texting. Hmmmm... wonder why the glowing reviews of battery usage for this leak?

Curious.
    09-24-13 11:01 PM
    yeah, bad idea. SMS messages came in doubled. GMAIL account needed deleting, and steadfastly refused to do so. All my contacts are backed up in cloud (gmail) so no worries there. Only question - HOW DO I BACKUP CALENDAR FOR CLOUD RESTORE? Thoughts, anyone? Would also like a cloud-based SMA backup is anyone can help there.

Sorry to sound like a noobie on the alternate backup routes, but Link kinda's always done the trick for me, but I'm now looking elsewhere. And my app organization is kinda complex too....anyway this can be loaded somewhere other than link?

Help please? Any advice on alternate backup routes and all things crucial so I don't need to rely on total crap software masquerading as Link.

I personally use my yahoo mail calender (work personal) and Gmail calender (wife and I sync on each phone) for that purpose. I rarely use the "device" or home calender. Just set your Gmail as the default and go that route

As for sms I use the sms backup app and have had relatively good success and the dev has been pretty responsive in the few issues I did have a couple times. I didn't see back far enough to see what you were using that gave you duplicates sorry.

Posted via CB10
    moody likes this.
    09-25-13 12:23 AM
    Hey, now you can delete 'Blackberry Hub' icon in OS 10.2.0.1743 ! It worked for me, I deleted it.
    moody likes this.
    09-25-13 01:20 AM
    Sounds like the mute (middle button) is being pressed.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, I am in the call, and everytime I press the volume buttons, I can not hear what the other person is saying, it frames my conversation anyone? Little help?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 01:25 AM
    Notifications volume sound is too low.. anything past half way..i can barely hear. Anyone else?

-aBBuser
    09-25-13 01:37 AM
    Yay! 1725 has been buggy for me with replying emails and texts and the battery drain is killing me. About to load in a but after I download.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 03:30 AM
    Notifications volume sound is too low.. anything past half way..i can barely hear. Anyone else?

-aBBuser
    Try turning it up back perhaps? Mine works fine.

#IchooseBlackBerry10 #ZedTen #CB10 Channel C00123045
    09-25-13 05:27 AM
    The 810 runtime sucks compared to the runtime on this OS. Just learn to use the debug method and you'll enjoy a much better Android performance.

Posted via CB10

Finally I installed 1743, I still use 810 runtime... everything normal dan faster performance with this OS ....
    09-25-13 05:29 AM
    Been on this leak for 2 days, so far so good, there isn't much of a difference from the last leak for STL100 1. Keep Moving BlackBerry!

BlackBerry?s Z10 via CB10
    09-25-13 05:40 AM
    Thanks for that. If that is all it contains I am good not restoring. I have other backups of Contacts and SMS using programs. Time to upgrade and not restore to get Dark Theme contacts. Woohoo
    Settings also contains password keeper data.

does anyone know how to back up password keeper data without using link? since the settings restore messes up new OS versions
    moody likes this.
    09-25-13 06:08 AM
    Downgrading to 1725, I had problems sending SMS messages to my wife, even after a reboot. She doesn't like a lack of replies too well, knowing that I'm normally very quick to read and reply. Good thing BBM for iOS was halted, or I'll have explaining to do when she sees I've read her message but haven't replied
    Did you restore setting?

If yes back up your sms using sms backup app from BlackBerry world, purge sms data and restore from sms backup. that should solve the sms issues
    09-25-13 06:13 AM
    Yay! 1725 has been buggy for me with replying emails and texts and the battery drain is killing me. About to load in a but after I download.

Posted via CB10
    U can install 10.2.0.1743 then,hope can fix the issues

Posted via CB10
    09-25-13 06:42 AM
893 ... 3132333435 ...