05-01-14 07:15 PM
893 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    Has anyone tested if a full restore from 10.2.0.1725 still breaks the dark theme in contacts?
    sin-co likes this.
    09-20-13 09:14 AM
    Just loaded on my stl100-1 and it seems a strong candidate for carrier release, the smoothness is equal to none.
    This said, I restored the app data and media however apps restored are not showing as installed in BlackBerry World, they appear in the "available " section. A restart did not fix the issue.. any advice?

Posted via CB10
    NOKJAA likes this.
    09-20-13 09:16 AM
    Has anyone tested if a full restore from 10.2.0.1725 still breaks the dark theme in contacts?
    I'm in the process of backing everything up so I can try. I think this time, I'm going to restore one thing at a time and test in between each restore portion to make sure it's still working. What I'm really after is to be able to toggle off my FB, twitter and linkedIn contacts. Hate that they're always showing up and cluttering my contacts list.
    09-20-13 09:17 AM
    I'm in the process of backing everything up so I can try. I think this time, I'm going to restore one thing at a time and test in between each restore portion to make sure it's still working. What I'm really after is to be able to toggle off my FB, twitter and linkedIn contacts. Hate that they're always showing up and cluttering my contacts list.
    I hope things go well, let us know the results. On the last leak mine was fine restoring just the apps and medit. The settings restore screwed things up.
    09-20-13 09:22 AM
    A self appointed team of volunteers who take the time to install and experiment with each new leak they acquire, testing it on various different models to see what issues or performance enhancements are contained within, posting their findings so as to hopefully answer the most obvious and constantly repeated questions before they are asked, who then helpfully answer those same questions REPEATEDLY despite the answers being clearly posted in the OP, is indeed wanted and needed. So they delay for a few days to test? BFD. They're still releasing leaks to the rest of us that I at least have no way to obtain otherwise, and I'm sure they've saved a lot of us from wasting time loading leaks that would have worked for shyt and forced us to downgrade. Go find a source of leaks and release 'em untested into the wild yourself, if this bothers you so much. I'm more than happy to let the team inspect and experiment with a leak for a few days before I get access to it.
    Well we'll have to agree to disagree. For years there have been BlackBerry users willing to install any leak on their handset, while there are others who prefer to wait for feedback from others first. I don't see why that needs to change.

No-one is forcing anyone to answer any questions, repeatedly or not. The only reason they receive so many questions is because they've appointed themselves as some kind of authority. It's just a weird situation.

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:23 AM
    If this proves to have better battery life then I will definitely install. Can't figure out how to get decent battery life with my z10.

Posted via CB10
    Get an extra battery!

Posted via CB10
    NOKJAA and rebroker2009 like this.
    09-20-13 09:24 AM
    Isn't that how they tested OS 10.2.0.1725 and still came back to report that they had tested and that there was no way it could work with any previous radio on Q10 and Q5, which was absolutely incorrect. If not for a forum member called Usman_hidayat who carried out his own test and reported back that it worked with .1048 radio. Even after his report, some of them still argued he was lying. If everyone had taken their word for it, that means Q10 and Q5 users wouldn't have installed that OS.

We all no the risk of installing a leaked OS. We don't need anyone testing for us. Leaks should be released as they come.
    No one said they {BBLeaks Team} were perfect, collectively they provide help that maybe you {and a few others} don't appreciate, but there are those of us that find no issue with them and support their efforts since it makes us feel a bit better about our leak play.
    jimpilot, PJD642, moody and 5 others like this.
    09-20-13 09:24 AM
    Just loaded on my stl100-1 and it seems a strong candidate for carrier release, the smoothness is equal to none.
    This said, I restored the app data and media however apps restored are not showing as installed in BlackBerry World, they appear in the "available " section. A restart did not fix the issue.. any advice?

Posted via CB10
    Download again from "available"

Posted via CB10
    09-20-13 09:26 AM
    No, settings contain contacts, SMS messages, phone logs, as well as all the device settings like ringtones, notifications, screen settings, etc. If you don't restore them you have to manually reset all your previous settings, plus use alternate ways of backing up and restoring contacts and SMS messages.
    Thanks for that. If that is all it contains I am good not restoring. I have other backups of Contacts and SMS using programs. Time to upgrade and not restore to get Dark Theme contacts. Woohoo
    NOKJAA likes this.
    09-20-13 09:26 AM
    The link for STL 001 doens't work, please another one
    pls any link from mega will be beta or any other download site. thanks
    09-20-13 09:27 AM
    How do I open the OS file? The file I downloaded for the 100-1 is a *.7Z file. Do I have to rename it?

EDIT: Sorry...dumbass moment. Installed Winrar and it opened. Fingers crossed now...
    Last edited by tomcat23; 09-20-13 at 09:55 AM.
    09-20-13 09:34 AM
    I hope things go well, let us know the results. On the last leak mine was fine restoring just the apps and medit. The settings restore screwed things up.
    I just restored settings from my .1725 backup and the dark theme is still working in contacts.
    zavar, NOKJAA and Ruslan Botsyurko like this.
    09-20-13 09:36 AM
    No one said they {BBLeaks Team} were perfect, collectively they provide help that maybe you {and a few others} don't appreciate, but there are those of us that find no issue with them and support their efforts since it makes us feel a bit better about our leak play.
    Like you said, they {BBLeaks Team} aren't perfect and we {the rest of the forum members} aren't too. So, why don't they just release the leaks, so that we can all make the mistakes and correct them together.
    NOKJAA and sallynaayue like this.
    09-20-13 09:37 AM
    On Link 1.2 and the thing still will not back up my device. . . do I have to delete all my side loaded android apps or something. . .?
    09-20-13 09:37 AM
    whatsapp is now on instant preview as well!!!
    Killington likes this.
    09-20-13 09:40 AM
    On Link 1.2 and the thing still will not back up my device. . . do I have to delete all my side loaded android apps or something. . .?
    Backup should work without removing sideloads. I just ran a backup of 1725 and the damn thing was over 5GB on Link 1.2!!!!! WTF

EDIT: Forgot that I installed some of those free apps from BBWorld and two of the games are over 1GB each. That would make sense that the backup is large now.
    Last edited by cchilderhose; 09-20-13 at 10:08 AM.
    09-20-13 09:43 AM
    I just restored settings from my .1725 backup and the dark theme is still working in contacts.
    That is sweet news. Not do I restore Settings right away or not?? Hmmmm LOL
    09-20-13 09:44 AM
    Great Work !! lets make some noise
    09-20-13 09:47 AM
    How do I open the OS file? The file I downloaded for the 100-1 is a *.7Z file. Do I have to rename it?
    Extract the autoloader using 7zip.

Posted via CB10
    tomcat23 likes this.
    09-20-13 09:51 AM
    Great Work !! lets make some noise
    Hhahahhahha I will just read it and follow the thred
    Since the one who leak this,is not even drop comment or help all members here.

Posted via CB10
    poomslike likes this.
    09-20-13 09:53 AM
    Like you said, they {BBLeaks Team} aren't perfect and we {the rest of the forum members} aren't too. So, why don't they just release the leaks, so that we can all make the mistakes and correct them together.
    Wrong, they are perfect! Anybody who saves me from myself and saves me lots of time is perfect!

Well except for my wife of course
    Last edited by jimpilot; 09-20-13 at 10:12 AM.
    09-20-13 09:55 AM
    My progress, since I went to bed too early last night!

Z - Just installed and ran a complete restore with no problems. Black background on Contacts and Calendar came back fine.
    Q - Installed and now running restore. Up and running, same results.

Now let's see how these babies perform!
    Last edited by saxxman; 09-20-13 at 10:39 AM.
    09-20-13 09:59 AM
    Pretty much the best best radio for me!! (orange France)
    09-20-13 10:09 AM
    So far not much of a difference, the biggest difference is that it runs smoother then the leak before this one
    Off topic but this is an interesting sentence...."not much of a difference" immediately followed by "the biggest difference"
    09-20-13 10:11 AM
893 ... 89101112 ...