05-08-13 12:23 PM
1,832 ... 6667686970 ...
tools
    Yesterday the battery was totally empty and now i charge it for 11hours and the battery only shows 95%
    04-24-13 01:44 AM
    Battery life is way better for me. I have a Verizon phone and its a lot better than that 10.9 bs. BUT the setting screen still turns black for 3 seconds after clicking on it. And my battery is at 50% 12 hrs later

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-24-13 01:49 AM
    Hope this is not a double post but Protect now has an option to restore from legacy devices. Is this a 10.1 feature or can someone without this leak confirm they have it too?

Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000422.png

Posted via CB10 on my Z10
    04-24-13 01:56 AM
    It's a 10.1 feature,it was mentioned in the thread

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 01:57 AM
    Curious to hear what the glitches were that you were noticing the most?
    Biggest problem I had wad the lock screen wouldn't unlock with a finger swipe sometimes and I had to reboot in order to get into the phone.

My profile settings would then revert back to default and I would need to set them again. Also I would lose my call history.

I use Blaq as my Twitter app and I found it wouldn't display pictures in the app...just a black screen and that annoyed me too.

I had one instance where my phone seemed to get hot in my pocket for no reason.

These weren't a major concern and might seem a bit much reverting back because of them but I like my phone to be as stable as possible, which it was before the updated os was installed. There were other minor issues but you get the idea.

Worth a shot though. Really like the way the new os is looking.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:08 AM
    Thank you Kris, I appreciate your answer. But is there a way I can completely remove the entire line for BBM in the hub? So that it will not show at all?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 02:16 AM
    Can someone help me. I have an unlocked Z10 bought in Kenya. If I update to the leaked os will my unlock disappear or shall I still be able to use it on my current carrier. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:04 AM
    Once the device is unlocked it's unlocked. You'll be fine.
    04-24-13 05:12 AM
    Thanks a lot for that. I think it's time to jump on to the new update.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 05:28 AM
    Does anyone else have this issue with setting payment options? I never had any options set up in the first place but now it seems impossible.

Attachment 154068

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, but I figured that will be corrected in the official version.
    04-24-13 05:32 AM
    Phone started running hot and battery died in 2.5 hours from 85%, after a restart and charge my battery last 6 hours down from 9-14.

Switched back to my original os, this a great leak to play with, just wish it were Optimized for battery better.

Oh well, few weeks till the official.
    No problem here as far as battery discharge is concerned.
    04-24-13 05:38 AM
    I was on OS 10 and had my balance setup and work email. Then I added an active sync account for a secondary work email account. All worked well.

On OS 10.1 I can't add that secondary work email account after setting up my Balance work email. Nothing was changed on our BES.

Is it just updated security policies on the device?

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 06:46 AM
    i think i have read through it all, no one commenting on the contacts issue people are having? not all FB contacts showing, not linking with normal contacts, etc etc
    04-24-13 07:47 AM
    Update: 10.1.0.1429 hangover.

A couple of pages back, my adventure with 10.1 was chronicled. To sum up, I decided to roll back to 10.0 because my Android ports (and sideloads too) weren't working. They worked for a while, then started crashing and ultimately failing to load. The Android ports on my Z10 are Kindle, Waze, and Tapatalk. The sideload was Words With Friends, which had worked okay, although a bit laggy, on 10.0.

As I say, after I installed 10.1, I enjoyed the new features of the OS, and Waze and Kindle initially worked for me. But later in the day I started getting "Force close" errors with these apps, after they had been open a short while. Later still they wouldn't open at all, but just went straight to "Force close." Words With Friends, the one sideloaded app, wouldn't open at all. I uninstalled it, using Chrome. I rebooted several times. The other Android ports still refused to work. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling them, and rebooting again. No luck.

This is why I decided to roll back to 10.0. Kindle, in particular, is an app I want to have working. I could do without Waze until the official 10.1 release.

I had some difficulties getting Link to give me the option to reload the 10.0 software. I ultimately had to uninstall and reinstall Link to do it, but then it worked, with no apparent errors or glitches. And I was able to restore my data and apps from my last 10.0 backup with no problems.

After all was done, however, my Android ports still didn't work. I was still getting the "Force close" error with Kindle and Waze, which wouldn't open. I rebooted yet again. After that, I didn't get the error message; I just got a black screen, which I could minimize to an active frame, but I couldn't get the apps to run. Another reboot, just for fun, accomplished nothing.

I uninstalled and reinstalled Kindle and Waze again, and they seem to be working now. I had to re-register both, of course. Kindle actually didn't work right at first. It installed, but the down-swipe gesture didn't work. I had to reboot another time to get that working.

As for sideloading, when I finally got Kindle and Waze and Tapatalk running, I tried sideloading Words With Friends again. It absolutely doesn't work, and no amount of rebooting makes any difference. As I say, it worked fine before my adventure.

I'm not sure what to make of all this. One possibility is that something in the hardware got broken in the process of going to and from 10.1. I think this is highly unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility. The question is how can problems in 10.1 survive a device wipe and OS reload? A more likely theory, in my view, is that there are mysterious issues in Link, so the reload and restore aren't, in fact, error-free.

That's all I got.
    04-24-13 08:26 AM
    Update: 10.1.0.1429
    I'm not sure what to make of all this. One possibility is that something in the hardware got broken in the process of going to and from 10.1. I think this is highly unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility. The question is how can problems in 10.1 survive a device wipe and OS reload? A more likely theory, in my view, is that there are mysterious issues in Link, so the reload and restore aren't, in fact, error-free.

That's all I got.
    If it is like the Playbook, sometimes you have to do both a security wipe and a debrick (software reload). We were told on the PlayBook the software reload just wrote the software to the existing file system, a security wipe erases the whole file system including any user files.

Since you didn't do a security wipe, there are probably 10.1 settings on your phone. I am not sure what happens when you security wipe with the 10.1 leak. It may leave your phone with no applications. You may have to do it in three steps, reload (debrick) to the 10.0, security wipe, then reload again. Since you have already done the reload, try a security wipe and then a reload.
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-24-13 08:33 AM
    Since you didn't do a security wipe, there are probably 10.1 settings on your phone. I am not sure what happens when you security wipe with the 10.1 leak. It may leave your phone with no applications. You may have to do it in three steps, reload (debrick) to the 10.0, security wipe, then reload again. Since you have already done the reload, try a security wipe and then a reload.
    Actually, I failed to mention it, but I did do a security wipe before I even attempted reloading the OS. Sorry about the omission.
    04-24-13 08:37 AM
    Actually, I failed to mention it, but I did do a security wipe before I even attempted reloading the OS. Sorry about the omission.
    I used to have issues with any of my android ports. I decided to not restore Application data or Settings from BB Link. I only restored Media. No issues whatsoever now. I reinstall apps I need from Blackberry World and set anything up I need from there. Set up all my accounts manually. My battery life increased big time using this method as well.
    04-24-13 09:02 AM
    Can someone help me. I have an unlocked Z10 bought in Kenya. If I update to the leaked os will my unlock disappear or shall I still be able to use it on my current carrier. Thanks

Posted via CB10
    No your Unlock will not disappear and you will be able to use it with your current carrier. Just double check that you pick up the right software for your Z10.
    04-24-13 09:16 AM
    Just curious, when Verizon releases their 10.1 OS update (whenever that will happen...) will I which is now on the leaked 10.1 OS be able to get an notification or/and update to the Verizon official 10.1 OS straight from my phone or will I need to do the same I did with the leaked OS?

Posted Via CB10 On Verizon Z10 Running 10.1 OS ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ ~
    04-24-13 09:30 AM
    Just curious, when Verizon releases their 10.1 OS update (whenever that will happen...) will I which is now on the leaked 10.1 OS be able to get an notification or/and update to the Verizon official 10.1 OS straight from my phone or will I need to do the same I did with the leaked OS?

Posted Via CB10 On Verizon Z10 Running 10.1 OS ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ ~
    Already noted, but when it is available, it will be a higher version number and should show as available update.
    04-24-13 09:51 AM
    No problem here as far as battery discharge is concerned.
    I had it for 3 days on my phone and didn't see a problem at first either, but after careful watching I started seeing the problems.

I'm back on 10.0 and my phone hasn't passed 32c. With the 10.1 leak it would go up to and passed 40c passing warm, becoming hot.

Either way I switched back just so I don't ruin my battery or anything in my phone because of it. Better safe then sorry (sorry being I gotta buy a new phone).

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 10:38 AM
    The day before yesterday I upgraded my STL100-2 with this leak and everything seems to work fine after restoring my backup and restoring my Android Ports.

Yesterday I had to roll down the firmware to 10.0.10.116 (because of some restarts I never had before) which I did but Blackberry Link gave by restoring the backup (made by 10.1) a error that the backup was made by an higher firmware...

Ok.. So I did a security wipe and installed 10.1.0.1429 on my device and everything seems to be working fine. Including the restoring of the backup and after reinstalling some Android ports.

I did some BBM Video with my wife, some calls, some e-mail and facebooking... good.

I woke up this morning and only a blackscreen and my led was continuing red (no flashing). It was impossible to restart the phone. I swapped the battery (it was full), did the blackberry.com/upgrade procedure but no life at all.

I just send my device back to the supplier and I am using my backup iPhone 4s (which I hate to type on but if I am honest; always work).

I am not sure but I think the backup/restore from 10.1 to 10.0 is not possible because I set up the keep email functionality to the max.

I hope that I get my Blackberry Z10 back soon...

Did somebody experience this too?

By the way my wife has also a Z10 STL100-2 with the 10.1.0.1429...
    Last edited by CNX66; 04-24-13 at 11:04 AM. Reason: forget something...
    04-24-13 10:58 AM
    Thank you Rico. Yes I have the 2 so hoping to start downloading as soon as I'm home this evening. I shall keep posting as I go along to let you guys know how it goes. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 11:00 AM
    As for sideloading, when I finally got Kindle and Waze and Tapatalk running, I tried sideloading Words With Friends again. It absolutely doesn't work, and no amount of rebooting makes any difference. As I say, it worked fine before my adventure.
    Quoting myself here to add yet another update.

It appears that the Words With Friends game is itself down today, and who knows since when. It could be that the sideloaded app won't load because the WWF server is unreachable. I'd expect a different kind of error, but I could well be wrong about that. I do know that WWF was having problems yesterday and is down today.

That's the last thing I would have guessed. I'll update if the situation changes. I don't want to blame a WWF failure on 10.1 or Link.
    04-24-13 11:11 AM
    I'm inclined to think a z10 bought in Kenya would be an STL100-1? Or does Kenya actually have LTE?
    04-24-13 11:14 AM
1,832 ... 6667686970 ...