05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 6566676869 ...
tools
    just in case , how do i roll back to my previous OS, if i cant live with the glitches
    I'd like to know this too. Now that I've lived with 10.1 for a day, and all my Android ports (not sideloads) are failing, I think it's time to go back and wait for the finished version. I thought there would be an option to restore the old OS in Link, but I can't find it. The Help file says there would be an "update software" in the left pane of the Settings screen, in the event of an update, but I don't see any option to reinstall the current 10.0 version.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I probably have to do a security wipe on the phone itself, then connect to Link, install and restore. Is that right?
    04-23-13 06:50 PM
    Why can't be leak 10.1 possible for left out model STL1 -001. It is just radio file may be different and rest other files same. So, I guess some tester who has files 10.1 can build for STL 001 and release.

Prithvi, pin:24C7DBA9 z10 thru CB10
    04-23-13 06:56 PM
    Why can't be leak 10.1 possible for left out model STL1 -001. It is just radio file may be different and rest other files same. So, I guess some tester who has files 10.1 can build for STL 001 and release.

Prithvi, pin:24C7DBA9 z10 thru CB10
    The hardware is completely different a different cpu and gpu radio is built into cpu why do you not understand this

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 07:23 PM
    No but you have quick access to the contacts from the phone app

Attachment 154407
    Thanks! Sort of annoying. I have a lot of contacts and being able to do that without scrolling through a list would be a huge plus. Its available on my gs3.
    04-23-13 07:24 PM
    Thanks! Sort of annoying. I have a lot of contacts and being able to do that without scrolling through a list would be a huge plus. Its available on my gs3.
    It has a search bar... and you can even start typing numbers in there in case you forget the name.
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000371.png
    04-23-13 07:28 PM
    But yah, it looks like when you upgrade the OS, it runs a script that uses some low level commands that a VM might screw up.
    @Mike--the problem with the Windows VMs on the Mac seems to be that they can't handle the few milliseconds delay that occurs after the USB connection is disrupted after the wipe associated with installing a new OS, and they can't reconnect fast enough on the VM. Maybe that's a script problem--I don't know. I can't even use Link on my VM to do a backup of the Z10, even though backup works fine on my Mac and on the Boot Camp Windows.

This problem is well known to Parallels, VMWare, and presumably Apple, because everyone has it, but so far there is no solution. It's perhaps the only reason I have Boot Camp at all, because you can't do leaked OS upgrades on the Mac side. Well, you could with OS 6 and 7 with an elaborate file transfer from the Windows side, but it was too much work.
    04-23-13 07:30 PM
    I'd like to know this too. Now that I've lived with 10.1 for a day, and all my Android ports (not sideloads) are failing, I think it's time to go back and wait for the finished version. I thought there would be an option to restore the old OS in Link, but I can't find it. The Help file says there would be an "update software" in the left pane of the Settings screen, in the event of an update, but I don't see any option to reinstall the current 10.0 version.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I probably have to do a security wipe on the phone itself, then connect to Link, install and restore. Is that right?
    Click in BB Link's settings, you will see "Reload software". This will wipe and restore your device to the latest official one.
    04-23-13 07:30 PM
    Click in BB Link's settings, you will see "Reload software". This will wipe and restore your device to the latest official one.
    Nope. It's not there. And the security wipe didn't do the trick either. What's worse, after the "restore", I'm still on 10.1 but my Hub and browser have disappeared!

Any ideas what to try next?

Edit: There were no errors in the restore process. It seemed to go smoothly. To get "reload software" I had to uninstall and reinstall Link. Reloading software now.

I think I'll wait until Link is a bit more stable before trying any more leaks.
    Last edited by ubizmo; 04-23-13 at 08:11 PM.
    04-23-13 08:00 PM
    Nope. It's not there. And the security wipe didn't do the trick either. What's worse, after the "restore", I'm still on 10.1 but my Hub and browser have disappeared!

Www.blackberry.com/software

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/b...ListHelperImpl

Posted via CB10

Edit: do the Web version however you need Firefox or IE
    04-23-13 08:10 PM

Edit: There were no errors in the restore process. It seemed to go smoothly. To get "reload software" I had to uninstall and reinstall Link. Reloading software now.

I think I'll wait until Link is a bit more stable before trying any more leaks.
    Huh??? How is it not there. Open Link, Top right corner is a settings icon, then click Reload Device Software.
    04-23-13 08:17 PM
    Huh??? How is it not there. Open Link, Top right corner is a settings icon, then click Reload Device Software.
    As I stated above, it wasn't there. I uninstalled and reinstalled Link and then it was there. Unfortunately, the software reload fails, and I get a message "There was an error reloading your software" and that's the end of that.

The web-based method doesn't work either. It looks for a device PIN and can't find it (although the computer detects the Z10).
    04-23-13 08:24 PM
    As I stated above, it wasn't there. I uninstalled and reinstalled Link and then it was there. Unfortunately, the software reload fails, and I get a message "There was an error reloading your software" and that's the end of that.

The web-based method doesn't work either. It looks for a device PIN and can't find it (although the computer detects the Z10).
    Find a autoloader for a 10.0 version run the auto loader and than get the updates to current 10.0 through normal OTA software updates

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 08:28 PM
    Find a autoloader for a 10.0 version run the auto loader and than get the updates to current 10.0 through normal OTA software updates

Posted via CB10
    Ooh, after four tries with reload errors each time, I seem to have punched through. I got the prompt, through Link, to download the software "update" (10.0), and the Z10 is in green light mode, which I think is a Good Thing. I think it may work this time.

Warning to others: It might pay to find an autoloader of the previous software and have it handy before trying a leak. Reloading previous software via Link may not be a walk in the park.
    04-23-13 08:32 PM
    Ooh, after four tries with reload errors each time, I seem to have punched through. I got the prompt, through Link, to download the software "update" (10.0), and the Z10 is in green light mode, which I think is a Good Thing. I think it may work this time.
    Green Light means GO lol but yes if it's at a green light it'll restore and you'll be fine

Posted via CB10
    ubizmo likes this.
    04-23-13 08:33 PM
    Green Light means GO lol but yes if it's at a green light it'll restore and you'll be fine
    Thank you for the help. Yes, the reload is complete. Now for another restore, and all should be well.
    04-23-13 09:00 PM
    Someone mind giving me the scoop on this thread. Is this OS worth updating for a Verizon Z10?

Thanks for the help.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:12 PM
    It's tempting but I recommend all that have waited continue to do so.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 09:27 PM
    So this Leak is actually pretty damn good with battery life. I disconnected from the charger at 9:30 am and my Z10 just died at 12:00 am. Moderate usage.

So lasted almost 15 hours, thats pretty crazy for a leak! and for all those people that are doing a review of this LEAKED OS in the first few hours of using it are ridiculous. The OS will not run smooth until everything is synced such as "FOREVER" emails and what not. I've been using this Leak now for a solid couple of days now and its running very well, smooth, no heat ups. Obviously some apps (android ports) work better and some apps dont.

All will be fixed in the OFFICIAL OS. So far well done : )
    04-23-13 11:05 PM
    Does it interfere with sideloaded apps like instagram?
    Gees97 likes this.
    04-24-13 12:13 AM
    Does it interfere with sideloaded apps like instagram?
    Nope. Mine actually run better.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:15 AM
    Ah alright, thanks! And does it update via a mac?
    04-24-13 12:17 AM
    Ah alright, thanks! And does it update via a mac?
    only through dual booting into a windows partition
    04-24-13 12:23 AM
    Phone started running hot and battery died in 2.5 hours from 85%, after a restart and charge my battery last 6 hours down from 9-14.

Switched back to my original os, this a great leak to play with, just wish it were Optimized for battery better.

Oh well, few weeks till the official.

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:28 AM
    I installed the leaked Firmware!

I charge the battery and the charging process will remain at 95% and does not go to 100%!

Can someone help me with this problem!
    04-24-13 12:28 AM
    I installed the leaked Firmware!

I charge the battery and the charging process will remain at 95% and does not go to 100%!

Can someone help me with this problem!
    Let your battery drain completely than recharge a full cycle should fix the issue

Posted via CB10
    04-24-13 12:39 AM
1,832 ... 6566676869 ...