05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 6465666768 ...
tools
    We got rid of our BES and I'm going direct to Exchange with AS. My battery is draining like crazy, and I'm pretty much keeping it on the charger whenever I can. like you said, the entire device is slow and jittery. It's been about 24 hours so far. Hope it finishes soon.
    I have AS on corporate email account and gmail. After new OS the Z10 the screen was jittery and phone was very hot - draining at about 20% per hour while doing very little (exception - Waze on for maybe a half-hour). Then pulled battery (it down to 50% in a little over two hours), recharged, and now everything fine! Battery drain no worse and maybe better than before. Fixed my duplicate contact entry problem, too! Assume you pulled battery, but maybe not...
    04-23-13 03:55 PM
    Yeah, I pulled the battery a few times. I'm convinced it is syncing all of my emails in all folders. Before they were all stored on the BES. Now with AS I assume they are being downloaded to the Z10.
    04-23-13 04:04 PM
    On 100-3.

Android ports are all borked. They were working earlier today. Resetting etc do not avail.

How long to the official release? Such is life on the bleeding edge.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:07 PM
    [...]
    [...]
    How long is a piece of string? However, nowadays there are many clairvoyants in the forums. Perhaps, they know...
    04-23-13 04:12 PM
    Mike a question for you.

Pardon me if I sound like an *****, but technically you could use a VM to sync your BBRY device as long as you attach your host servers USB port to the VM right?

I always wanted to do that versus having to depend on my laptop.
    I'm going to install BBLink right now and try that.

@Ken: Unfortunately I'd rather not test upgrading the OS on my VM. I need my Z10 and I don't wanna risk bricking it (yah I know what you're saying, you're already risking it by installing a leaked OS, but at least with the leaked OS, it's a much more calculated risk). But yah, it looks like when you upgrade the OS, it runs a script that uses some low level commands that a VM might screw up.
    04-23-13 04:12 PM
    Yeah, I pulled the battery a few times. I'm convinced it is syncing all of my emails in all folders. Before they were all stored on the BES. Now with AS I assume they are being downloaded to the Z10.
    I kept the 30 day work email limit for now as I didn't know if the memory could handle ten years or so of data. Maybe you could delete the suspected offending account and add it back with a 30 day limit. At least until an official update comes which, hopefully, will have an option between 30 days and forever...
    04-23-13 04:17 PM
    Just reverted back. I would recommend you try and see for yourself if you can cope or ignore the various glitches. I couldn't.

This leaked os shows promise and I look forward to the official release.

I'm missing some things already and I prefer the look of 10.1 but I prefer my Z10 to be stable. Hopefully we will see a release very soon (and in a timely manner from some operators)

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:22 PM
    So I am on Telus STL100-3

I did the backup, installed the new OS and am now in the process of restoring. It has been restoring for about an hour and is only at 2% (16GB version with about 5GB of actual used space)

So how long does it take, or is mine stuck and needs to be redone?
    04-23-13 04:26 PM
    Just reverted back. I would recommend you try and see for yourself if you can cope or ignore the various glitches. I couldn't.

Posted via CB10
    Curious to hear what the glitches were that you were noticing the most?
    04-23-13 04:26 PM
    How long is a piece of string? However, nowadays there are many clairvoyants in the forums. Perhaps, they know...
    I don't think just one clairvoyant is too much to ask.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:30 PM
    Woke up this morning and noticed that the device was not responding and could not access the home screen. All I got when I hit the power button to unlock was a large red icon of a battery, which I thought was a dead battery thing, so I rebooted (only a battery pull worked) and all came back - but it had 45% battery. Not sure what happened, but will monitor. Battery drain seems no better or worse than before this OS, for me.

The OS is much snappier than 10.0...it flies!

I also like the "forever" Active Sync feature for EAS! Since we use archiving policies on our Exchange servers, I'm guessing that once the mail is archived locally, it will disappear from the device as well...
    04-23-13 04:30 PM
    So I am on Telus STL100-3

I did the backup, installed the new OS and am now in the process of restoring. It has been restoring for about an hour and is only at 2% (16GB version with about 5GB of actual used space)

So how long does it take, or is mine stuck and needs to be redone?

It is stuck. Restore should take under 10 minutes for 290MB of data. Click the disconnect button on the device - unplug, battery pull and restore again (close and open BB link). That worked for me, but I have heard where it has not for others.
    regnaston likes this.
    04-23-13 04:32 PM
    [/FONT][/COLOR]

It is stuck. Restore should take under 10 minutes for 290MB of data. Click the disconnect button on the device - unplug, battery pull and restore again (close and open BB link). That worked for me, but I have heard where it has not for others.
    Thanks .. I will try that
    04-23-13 04:35 PM
    On 100-3.

Android ports are all borked. They were working earlier today. Resetting etc do not avail.

Posted via CB10
    I've been running since this weekend and my android ported apps (including 3 sideloads) all function significantly and noticeably better under the leak. In a couple of weeks hopefully, this thread can be archived.
    04-23-13 04:38 PM
    So I've been on 10.1 for a few days now... not a single reboot so far, so I'm really liking it (I was getting a reboot once a day before).

BTW, Gas Buddy now works (just upgrade in Blackberry World).
    04-23-13 04:39 PM
    Can anyone confirm if 10.1 has a "smart dial" feature e.g. start typing out the first few letters of a contacts name on the dial pad and they come up? I haven't purchased the phone yet, waiting for a couple for updates to iron things out. Hopefully, it's not a year from now since I am on Verizon. Also, anyone want to by my Galaxy S3 haha
    04-23-13 04:46 PM
    I'm going to install BBLink right now and try that.

@Ken: Unfortunately I'd rather not test upgrading the OS on my VM. I need my Z10 and I don't wanna risk bricking it (yah I know what you're saying, you're already risking it by installing a leaked OS, but at least with the leaked OS, it's a much more calculated risk). But yah, it looks like when you upgrade the OS, it runs a script that uses some low level commands that a VM might screw up.
    Installed BBLink on my XP VM. Blackberry Device Manager detects my Z10, however neither windows explorer nor BBLink will detect my Z10. When I disconnect my Z10 from VM my win8 explorer instantly detects the Z10 and when I open BBLink it does so as well.
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-23-13 04:52 PM
    Anyone able to update the Adobe Reader app to 10.1.0.4 while running this?

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 04:57 PM

Posted via CB10
    I didn't even know there was an update. And no, I cannot update. "Error installing application"
    04-23-13 05:33 PM
    Just had a random reboot today, I believe I traced it to what triggered, will do some more further testing before I comment more on the offending app or behavior
    04-23-13 05:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    No its a known issue it was reported here more than once that it won't update, so just ignore the update in the App World for now!

Posted Via CB10 On Verizon Z10 Running 10.1 OS ~ Follow me on Twitter @TheNewsHQ ~
    DementedJohn likes this.
    04-23-13 06:14 PM
    just in case , how do i roll back to my previous OS, if i cant live with the glitches
    04-23-13 06:35 PM
    Check this out guys, the new BBM on 10.1 has a really cool and much improved way of changing your dp!

Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000904.png

You select the photo and it takes you right to the photo editor to do whatever you like before you upload : D loving this new feature!

Posted via CB10
    00stryder likes this.
    04-23-13 06:40 PM
    For sure that is what is happening if you have lots of mail. I found it did all of my sents firsts....so my inbox was all showing them with checkmarks beside. I could scroll to where I finally saw some receives coming in....and you could watch it march slowly filling from oldest to newest. Took about 2-3 mins per day. For a full year this would take 10-15 hours to deal with. Battery was hot and draining fast. Today its cool and back to normal.
    04-23-13 06:45 PM
    Can anyone confirm if 10.1 has a "smart dial" feature e.g. start typing out the first few letters of a contacts name on the dial pad and they come up? I haven't purchased the phone yet, waiting for a couple for updates to iron things out. Hopefully, it's not a year from now since I am on Verizon. Also, anyone want to by my Galaxy S3 haha
    No but you have quick access to the contacts from the phone app

Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_20130510_edit.png
    04-23-13 06:45 PM
1,832 ... 6465666768 ...