05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 6364656667 ...
tools
    I've read through this entire thread, and there is some reference to the Remember app and ability to move items between folders. What I'm wondering is if you can move items between local and synced folders, say between the device "local" folder and Evernote ( or any other task type folder available on email accounts (e.g., Outlook.com, gmail, etc.) I flag important emails and they appear in my local folder in Remember, but of course, when at my desk on my PC, I can't see them in my synced online Evernote account.
    Unfortunetly at this time there is no support to move flagged emails from a local folder to a synced folder. Just tested
    04-23-13 12:08 PM
    Are you on 10.1 as well?
    Yepp.

Having said that, Play Cloud does not show any extra folder either.

In fact I have been saying around a bit, the sdcard and sdcard2 folders don't show my extra files, but I remember seeing them somewhere. Maybe in Android...

I'm not sure. But I definitely do bot der any unexpected filesor folders in the default file manager.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:12 PM
    Just downloaded it haven't noticed anything bad. These green words throw me off lol. Just used to seeing blue lol. I like it so far though. Seems good. Battery still at 100% and ram is at 1.1 gigs.

Sent From My BlackBerry Z10
    04-23-13 12:34 PM
    My BES 10 and large mail inbox experiences.

Works well on 003

BUT on BES it took half a day to bring down 1000's of emails. With the no limit on mail amount it fed the device big time. Also note, there is nowhere to see progress and hard to see it happening as it sprays the Sent side in first then fills in inbox from oldest to newest. If you knew what date to look at you could see it happening slowly. While this was going on the battery got consumed like a Jobs biography by an Apple Fanboy.. jittery performance as well while this was happening. Now it is smooth as butter and I have over 6 months of sent and received mail! All nicely searchable.

Love the wake with button. Love the bigger text prediction.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 12:46 PM
    K-9 mail seems to be broken in this leak. It worked for a while, but now I'm getting persistent "Force close" errors. I tried reinstalling and rebooting. No luck so far.
    04-23-13 01:26 PM
    There is an update for Gas Buddy which now works with 10.1.0.1429.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:28 PM
    You shouldn't help these people who ask these questions if they don't know how to do a back up they shouldn't be playing with a leak

Posted via CB10
    Why? By that logic no one would ever try anything they don't already no how to do. I'm guessing you didn't come out of the womb with the knowledge. Asking questions and sharing information is largely what theses forums are for. I don't mean to attack you or anything I just don't think you should be so quick to discourage others for what it's worth.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    04-23-13 01:32 PM
    I have installed this and my Text Messages are screwed up. When I start an existing conversation the message will reply back from someone else. Each time I send a message or reply back the user will change. How do I down grade back to the original release?
    04-23-13 01:37 PM
    Why? By that logic no one would ever try anything they don't already no how to do. I'm guessing you didn't come out of the womb with the knowledge. Asking questions and sharing information is largely what theses forums are for. I don't mean to attack you or anything I just don't think you should be so quick to discourage others for what it's worth.
    I have no problem helping people but general knowledge is a must, there are disclaimers to install at own risk, but like I said if someone asks "how to do a backup" when its something so simple, than yes they shouldn't play with things that could mess up a 650$ device, the best is people like that install this thinking its the real deal than continue to complain this and that don't work
    04-23-13 01:39 PM
    I have installed this and my Text Messages are screwed up. When I start an existing conversation the message will reply back from someone else. Each time I send a message or reply back the user will change. How do I down grade back to the original release?
    1. Hook up Z10 to computer (Make sure link is open)

2. Click Reload (not restore) Software

3. Allow it to do it's thing
    04-23-13 01:40 PM
    I assume you did a restore after installling the new OS. I had to delete my restored text messsages, and that fixed the issue. All new texts went to the correct name
    04-23-13 01:47 PM
    Anyone else having an issued with the phone rebooting during bedside mode? Only time my phone has this problem. After 20 min or so in bedside mode it will reboot. I am guessing it is a bug in this version of the OS
    04-23-13 01:49 PM
    I had some major issues with the battery time - in 5 hours completely drained. Normally I run around a full day - it seems the battery intensities are coming from trying to find the network. I was just put on the list for a Q10 (dunno if I am happy or sad as I love my Z10) so soon I will be able to compare... Still not sure if I would go back to a keyboard berry...
    04-23-13 01:51 PM
    My BES 10 and large mail inbox experiences.

Works well on 003

BUT on BES it took half a day to bring down 1000's of emails. With the no limit on mail amount it fed the device big time. Also note, there is nowhere to see progress and hard to see it happening as it sprays the Sent side in first then fills in inbox from oldest to newest. If you knew what date to look at you could see it happening slowly. While this was going on the battery got consumed like a Jobs biography by an Apple Fanboy.. jittery performance as well while this was happening. Now it is smooth as butter and I have over 6 months of sent and received mail! All nicely searchable.

Love the wake with button. Love the bigger text prediction.

This may explain my problems. I installed this weekend and everything was going well. Yesterday I noticed that I can set my email to "forever" rather than 30 days. I did, and my email syncing has been erratic. It has been totally off for the last 4 hours, and I have been trying everything to get it to sync. I have 10's of 1000's of emails in various folders and I'm hoping once they are all downloaded my Verizon Z10 will be back to normal. Also, I went from a 9300 on BES to the Z10 on Microsoft Exchange.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 01:51 PM
    Trying to download OS_10.1.0.1429_STL100-3.rar and it's stuck at 68%. Anyone else try downloading recently?
    Yup, been doing the same for me since was released. I've tried downloading from multiple computers at multiple locations. Guess I'll just sit on my dev version a little longer. Not like I really need the social media apps that badly, though having a few of the other standard apps missing does kinda suck, but worth it for the things that were fixed for me.
    04-23-13 02:18 PM
    Yup, been doing the same for me since was released. I've tried downloading from multiple computers at multiple locations. Guess I'll just sit on my dev version a little longer. Not like I really need the social media apps that badly, though having a few of the other standard apps missing does kinda suck, but worth it for the things that were fixed for me.
    In case you missed it, you need to use Chrome to download. I installed Chrome (much to my distaste) and it downloaded very quickly!
    MikeRotch76 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:22 PM
    This may explain my problems. I installed this weekend and everything was going well. Yesterday I noticed that I can set my email to "forever" rather than 30 days. I did, and my email syncing has been erratic. It has been totally off for the last 4 hours, and I have been trying everything to get it to sync. I have 10's of 1000's of emails in various folders and I'm hoping once they are all downloaded my Verizon Z10 will be back to normal. Also, I went from a 9300 on BES to the Z10 on Microsoft Exchange.
    This is for sure your issue. It takes a long time to bring that much down. Way slower now that BES uses active sync. Are you on BES10 or direct to Exchange with AS?
    I noticed that new mail was coming in fits and starts while it was working.....and the entire device will be slower and you will see some jitter in screen movements etc.

Once it digests you will be fine. That said, I cleaned up a huge portion of my inbox to archive and even then with only 2000-3000 emails it took over half a day to complete.
    drew8484 likes this.
    04-23-13 02:24 PM
    I am actually having issues with blaq loading pictures. It stops loading and then it will start working again. I just get a black screen when it happens.

Posted via CB10
    Having the same issue. Reboot the phone and it's in again.

Posted via CB10
    04-23-13 02:27 PM
    In case you missed it, you need to use Chrome to download. I installed Chrome (much to my distaste) and it downloaded very quickly!
    Thanks, I have a Virtual Machine with chrome and it worked for me. Installed the leaked OS and restoring my phone as I type this.
    Last edited by MikeRotch76; 04-23-13 at 03:04 PM.
    04-23-13 02:51 PM
    We got rid of our BES and I'm going direct to Exchange with AS. My battery is draining like crazy, and I'm pretty much keeping it on the charger whenever I can. like you said, the entire device is slow and jittery. It's been about 24 hours so far. Hope it finishes soon.
    04-23-13 02:57 PM
    T-Mobile specific

So when I first bought my unlocked Z10 the hot spot worked. When I updated it via the phone, the tmobile prompt came up to pay for the service.

Does anyone know if you do an update ex the leak, that this feature will come back?

Posted via CB10
    I still get the message to subscribe with 10.1 but if you click cancel the Hotspot still works.
    04-23-13 03:00 PM
    Thanks, I have a Virtual Machine with chrome and it worked for me. Installed the leaked OS and restoring my phone as I type this.
    Were you able to install the OS using your Windows VM?! I didn't think that was possible, and I've never been able to do so.

Could you tell me which Mac you're using, whether Parallels or Fusion VM, and which version, and which version of Windows?

I haven't tried to install this particular OS, but in the past all upgrades have failed using the VM, and have only succeeded using Boot Camp. It was a problem with the USB not reconnecting with the wiped BB quickly enough, and is a known issue.

Thanks very much.
    04-23-13 03:24 PM
    Were you able to install the OS using your Windows VM?! I didn't think that was possible, and I've never been able to do so.

Could you tell me which Mac you're using, whether Parallels or Fusion VM, and which version, and which version of Windows?

I haven't tried to install this particular OS, but in the past all upgrades have failed using the VM, and have only succeeded using Boot Camp. It was a problem with the USB not reconnecting with the wiped BB quickly enough, and is a known issue.

Thanks very much.
    Sorry Ken, I am running a WinXP VM in Win8. I used Win8 to install the new leaked OS.
    04-23-13 03:37 PM
    Sorry Ken, I am running a WinXP VM in Win8. I used Win8 to install the new leaked OS.
    Mike a question for you.

Pardon me if I sound like an *****, but technically you could use a VM to sync your BBRY device as long as you attach your host servers USB port to the VM right?

I always wanted to do that versus having to depend on my laptop.
    04-23-13 03:40 PM
    Aha. Thanks, Mike, for the quick reply. I have Windows 8 in my Parallels VM--I sure do miss my Windows XP. :-)

But that answers my question. No one has figured out the solution to this problem of using a VM to upgrade the BB OS.
    04-23-13 03:47 PM
1,832 ... 6364656667 ...