05-08-13 12:23 PM
1,832 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    So here is my battery life today.

Attachment 153749

I'm not sure about it as I use my phone more during the weekends. I am seeing more usage spikes than normal. That is expected though since this is a hybrid and to my understanding, based on pre latest AT&T release

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    That's interesting. My phone went from 70% to 44% overnight which is crazy because it usually only drops by 8-10%.

I want the new features but hate the battery issues I'm facing.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:24 AM
    Hello,
    I have problems with the leaked version (10.1.0.1429) with the ANDROID Sideloaded --> systems.apps interrumpted ? and offer kill the app ?. Do you know how can I resolve that ?.

Thanks for your help.
    Santiago
    04-22-13 10:24 AM
    Guys does the new os has the feature to zoom out. I am so disappointed with the z10. Also I can't select and copy someone's status. Many other issues.

Posted via CB10
    If you are talking about zooming almost y screen, this can be enabled in the accessibility area of settings, just turn on magnify mode. then you can pinch and zoom anywhere you wish..

Not sure what you mean about status, is that in bbm?

From the Zed of Rockivy
    04-22-13 10:30 AM
    Anyone have this issue? Just started today reboot didn't seem to solve
    Attachment 153851

Posted via CB10

Kris I have this problem syncing with MicroCrap Office 365.... I have to keep re-authenicating upon each reboot...
    04-22-13 10:35 AM
    One more thing. When will Skype and tango and true caller be available?
    Maybe when its ready SCNR
    04-22-13 10:51 AM
    What's the difference between Hybrid OS and others???

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if anyone responded to you.
    A Leaked OS is an operating system that is in testing, and a company rep shared - it isn't official, but it works
    A Hybrid OS is an operating system consisting of authentic base parts, from a donor OS, that someone compiled for use. THIS too, isn't official, but it contains NO altered coding.
    Hope this helps
    04-22-13 10:52 AM
    Still not getting facebook notifications. I get them once I open the app, but they aren't 'pushed' when the app isn't open.

I know this was discussed earlier in the thread, wondering if anyone managed to find a fix?
    04-22-13 10:59 AM
    Still not getting facebook notifications. I get them once I open the app, but they aren't 'pushed' when the app isn't open.

I know this was discussed earlier in the thread, wondering if anyone managed to find a fix?
    Wish I could help you there. I'm not sure what would be the cause of this error.
    04-22-13 11:07 AM

No real fix. Keep in mind that this is a leak/hybrid so there will be little annoyances like this that won't be addressed until it's official.
    04-22-13 11:08 AM
    Fair enough, not really too bothered, it's not a real dealbreaker for me
    mscooley likes this.
    04-22-13 11:16 AM
    A few things Ive noticed and suggestions:

Contrary to a few posters its really easy to restore your backup if you follow a couple steps. After you complete the setup scenes with the manditory training, give it a few minutes to download your carrier apps then reboot it. Upon reboot let it settle a minute then go into airplane mode. The restore works fine for me if I follow this proceedure. I spent a whole afternoon perfecting it when the beta was leaked last week. If you get completely buggered up with a failed restore or two, a security wipe then the steps above will certainly get you back up.

Whats not working for me/observations from a moderate to heavy user:
    Native twitter not working
    Facebook notifications, already mentioned
    Slightly more sluggish - however os enhancements are worth the slight performance hit.
    The Android Apps im interested in work fine still - Netflix, Google Navigation and Paypal.
    I start my day at 0530 at the gym, 90 minutes of music player then moderate to heavy txting/calls/browsing/social networking usage into work mode - Battery now bout dead at 11AM.

Im totally sticking with this, I downgraded back to 10.0 after trying the developer beta last week but this beta release is definitely a HIT for me.
    Last edited by linuxknight#CB; 04-22-13 at 11:24 AM. Reason: Battery comment
    cvoharley likes this.
    04-22-13 11:18 AM

Whats not working for me:
    Native twitter not working
    Delete twitter and reinstall via app world.
    04-22-13 11:20 AM
    Installed in a few minutes but the restore process has been at 10% for 20 minutes already...

EDIT: Cancelled the restore, rebooted the device and restored in 5 minutes...all good now!
    Last edited by FBA; 04-22-13 at 11:46 AM.
    04-22-13 11:20 AM
    Can any one else who's had this os for 24 hours report there battery's been holding up compared to the previous os.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:23 AM
    The things ive noticed....

The left hand side of the hub dulls down when you swipe back to the active frames/icons
    Swiping between the applications is different, the current page is on top of the swipe...if that makes sense?
    Dark theme on the hub with smaller txt
    WhatsApp now shows emoticons in the hub ...never noticed that before?

Just a couple of things I noticed after an hour or so. It would be so handy to have two Z10's to compare old OS to Leaked OS! Im starting to doubt the differences im noticing...they may have been like that before?!

Overall everything is working nice and smooth. Ive got the Adobe reader and Bridge install issues as well but no biggy for me. One other thing is that the notification volume in the settings doesn't seem to reflect the actual volume when a notification is received. The notification always seems to be louder than my setting volume? ...weird.
    04-22-13 11:24 AM
    Delete twitter and reinstall via app world.
    Thanks, on it!
    04-22-13 11:24 AM
    Can any one else who's had this os for 24 hours report there battery's been holding up compared to the previous os.
    Been on this 10.1 since it first came out, I really don't notice any discernible difference in battery performance one way or the other. Seems about the same as it was previously, at this point at least.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 11:27 AM

Posted via CB10
    Slightly less battery life than 10.0 but manageable. Im sure it will improve with later releases.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-22-13 11:34 AM
    I've been installed and had it running perfectly since about 7am CST
    Kris, tell us a bit more.
    Which phone/carrier do you have?
    Did you have any issues with reboots before 10.1?
    Any fixes and/or new quirks with the phone on 10.1?
    04-22-13 11:35 AM
    Thanks for the response about battery life, mines been up and down since the update. But keeping it to try the whole work day today with my average mid - heavy usage.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:38 AM
    My whatsapp contact pic is black when open via hub. Its good when i open whatsapp application.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:39 AM
    Kris, tell us a bit more.
    Which phone/carrier do you have?
    Did you have any issues with reboots before 10.1?
    Any fixes and/or new quirks with the phone on 10.1?
    I'm not Kris but I just installed last night and here's my experience so far...

Moderate use, listening to podcasts and some web browsing, everything is more or less fine. I'm on Verizon with the STL-100-4 and so far I have had two reboots. This actually seems like it might be a little more than before installing this leaked OS, but it could simply be the way that I'm using it. Regardless, I feel that I can safely say that it has not SOLVED my random reboot problem. Not enough to upset me, minor annoyance.

Current issues appear to be related to multitasking. I've had a freeze and reboot when I clicked a link within a program and phone was switching to the browser app - then again just now when I was listening to a podcast and attempted look something up. Page load nearly complete, phone freezes and reboots.

Upon reboot I noticed some lagginess and unusual behavior on the home/active app screen. When swiping up from app, stopped about halfway, and application just hung there somewhere between fully thumbnailed and active. Swiped again and it went to thumbnail.

It's a leak. No big shockers here on issues.

I was hoping for some improved battery life, but it appears to be slightly worse than it was on a fairly well cycled and trained battery on the older OS.
    04-22-13 11:44 AM
    I had square work before just need to activate the reader on a android or iOS device
    I don't recall any process for "activating" a reader, but I have had my Square account for years and never had any issues on Android and iOS. On BlackBerry 10, the app would launch for me on earlier releases, I could also enter information like the dollar amount to be charged... It would even recognize that the reader itself was present, but it could not actually read any cards or even detect that I was swiping a card.

Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I just tried it again this morning on a colleague's Z10 running 10.0.10.648 and the same app version, same account, and same reader didn't detect card swiping no matter how fast or how slow I tried. (If you normally go too fast or too slow, it'll display a message telling you to slow down or speed up.)

Either way, very pleased to have Square Register. I just hope they can be convinced to submit it to BlackBerry World, since there isn't much for them to do except submit it at this point.
    04-22-13 11:50 AM
    Have anybody with Verizon Z10 noticed after the update that the opening carrier branding has changed, from Verizon 4G LTE And nice colors to just a Big Verizon Logo???

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 11:50 AM
    No battery issues here - been off the charger for 60 seconds and is STILL @ 100%!!!!!!

60 minutes later and I notice that the device is sluggish. Never saw that before, but maybe it will improve. If not, she goes back to 10.0.

The profile update lacks still in that you can't adjust individual volumes on the sounds...

Green highlight in the text prediction/ correction is cute..
    Last edited by FBA; 04-22-13 at 12:19 PM.
    habs_fan and SDTRMG like this.
    04-22-13 12:03 PM
1,832 ... 5354555657 ...