05-08-13 12:23 PM
1,832 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    Excuse my french, but who cares about FB anyway ?
    May only some self exposing kids... In need for imposing there little minds.
    This app is the 1st which I erased from my device's!!!
    Seriously FB is not important at all... And the overall improvement of the leaked OS is significant higher than any s**t-chat app nor there pseudo network.
    So if any app, specially the non native can't cope with a new release, they are not worth keeping, they are just bad news
    Maybe not to you, and it's not REALLY important to me but I do use it sometimes. You know who it's important to? Blackberry. Why? because ti's an app millions of people use every day sometimes hrs at a time. Blackberry wants to sell devices so I would think they MAY want a decent version of Facebook running on their phones.

Thats just a guess, I mean I could be WAY off in thinking having an app that millions of people use on their phone is important.
    mscooley likes this.
    04-22-13 07:34 AM
    I don't know if anyone is counting. But I've tried 10.1 and I'm going back. Two apps didn't work and I don't want to find out what else does not work. Radio Player+ and my sideloaded And(roid) Bible.

What I saw was very nice. I like the Search ... its very handy. I didn't stay long enough to find out anymore. But if my key apps don't work, I can't go forward. I'll try again when the official release comes out.
    04-22-13 07:46 AM
    Okay...going to visit Verizon this morning. This baby is going back. I have had 3 versions of software on here and they all reboot. Certainly understand that this version is a leak, but not even the stock software works. This is my second device. I love the phone, but paying 600 bucks for a phone that won't stay on isn't worth it.

Posted via CB10
    jdhooghe and root like this.
    04-22-13 07:46 AM
    Okay...going to visit Verizon this morning. This baby is going back. I have had 3 versions of software on here and they all reboot. Certainly understand that this version is a leak, but not even the stock software works. This is my second device. I love the phone, but paying 600 bucks for a phone that won't stay on isn't worth it.

Posted via CB10
    Wow, Verizon really shot themselves in the foot with the OS version they adopted. They are supposed to be the premier carrier in the U.S. I thought I might regret T-Mobile to save some money, but I'm happy. Try to hang in there until the *official* Verizon update. I have to believe they would have addressed the issue. (or change carriers)
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-22-13 07:55 AM

Posted via CB10
    I am looking to purchase this phone on Verizon in the near future. Unless, of course something at CTIA blows me away. I heard this is most likely a hardware issue with first batches. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Very disappointing. ..
    04-22-13 08:25 AM
    For those like me who are unable to delete emails with Gmail active sync, activate delete confirmation and it will work again

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:29 AM
    I am looking to purchase this phone on Verizon in the near future. Unless, of course something at CTIA blows me away. I heard this is most likely a hardware issue with first batches. Anyone else have thoughts on this? Very disappointing. ..
    I suppose that is possible. What I was told is that it is software related. I have had 2 phones so far. Both acted the same.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 08:31 AM
    Its a hybrid, which in this case means there are some parts that were added from an older os to get as much in as possible. This is likely(hopefullyasserted) why the 100-4 is still having the random reboot issue. I can't recall each post here but I don't think anyone has got Bridge going yet. Clock is fine. BB Protect now has the Restore feature[. There are lots of goodies but a few losses...read through and weigh if it's worth it for you.
    QUOTE=17.michal;8357187]This is not the 'developer release', this appears to be a full version of the OS. The clock is there, and so are all other apps that I've used before. The phone restored fine for me, but no guarantees that it'll be the same for you... Can't comment on the Bridge since I haven't used my PlayBook since I got the Z10[/QUOTE]
    04-22-13 09:19 AM
    Wow, Verizon really shot themselves in the foot with the OS version they adopted. They are supposed to be the premier carrier in the U.S. I thought I might regret T-Mobile to save some money, but I'm happy. Try to hang in there until the *official* Verizon update. I have to believe they would have addressed the issue. (or change carriers)
    In all fairness to Verizon, the issues you see that are not resolved with all the updates we have all been doing are exactly why they are slow to update.
    Not that I like their slowness, but that is their exact argument.
    I too wonder why Bell and Rogers users seem to have no issues. Could this be a CDMA vs GSM issue.
    I don't know anyone who uses Bell or Rogers and do not know what they use.
    I also hear Verizon plans to drop CDMA in 2014.
    04-22-13 09:21 AM
    I've suggested trying this,but i dont think anyone with the reboot issue tried it,go Into Your escreen and turn off the sanity monitor ser if that works.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:22 AM
    My install went well and things are working fine with 2 exceptions:
    - Bridge and Adobe reader will not install/update. At least Adobe Reader is working.
    - Payment Services settings reports unable to connect. Anyone know a solution for this?

Else, I'm happy - will probably keep it installed.
    04-22-13 09:23 AM
    I don't know but even if you could, my ram use on my Z, with next to nothing running is almost 1gb, the full PB ram. I think they will have to develop a "lighter" os for eventual use on the PB or it will be s.l.o.w.
    Forgive me if someone asked, I searched the thread as much as I could.

If this is indeed a hybrid, I don't suppose there's a way to get this running on the PlayBook?
    04-22-13 09:25 AM
    Maybe not to you, and it's not REALLY important to me but I do use it sometimes. You know who it's important to? Blackberry. Why? because ti's an app millions of people use every day sometimes hrs at a time. Blackberry wants to sell devices so I would think they MAY want a decent version of Facebook running on their phones.

Thats just a guess, I mean I could be WAY off in thinking having an app that millions of people use on their phone is important.
    Yeah I know it's hard this days not to be a lemming... blindly following the masses or mainstream.. Even million 's of people's can be wrong, funny thing is, that exactly this millions expect everyone else to be polite and understandable for there habit being out of mind.
    And yes I 'm well aware that BB wants to sell units in big quantities, that's there business.. But FB is a bit like religion, like opium for the masses.. QUOTE from Karl Marx !
    And he was right !
    Different time different game, same issue.

Just consider this... BB is coming with a FB app like many other app's no more no less, if someone is addicted to FB, may he/she is better off sticking with android and go for the FB-OS coming soon, why bother with the hassle using a BB than.
    Last edited by hobgoblin1961; 04-22-13 at 09:42 AM.
    04-22-13 09:26 AM
    Anyone have this issue? Just started today reboot didn't seem to solve
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000201.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:43 AM
    There definitely have been changes to the Android runtime, even if it's not yet Jelly Bean... Square Register now fully detects the Square Reader and can read card numbers. USAA app mobile deposit now seems to work, too (used to crash when you tried).

Same app versions that I had previously converted and tested under pre-10.1 releases, the changes were definitely in BlackBerry 10 and the Android runtime. Now to try other apps I had previously abandoned...

Posted via CB10
    I had square work before just need to activate the reader on a android or iOS device

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 09:43 AM
    This only seems to happen on the Verizon version, Bass ( I had a gsm before I got my V version, with no problems). It'll get straightened out soon. Pissed off too, but still enjoying the phone and not ready to jump ship yet.

Abide...
    04-22-13 09:47 AM
    And as someone who works with FB apps in many web applications, I can tell you from personal experience that FB is riddled with issues and they always lead back to FB dev's and are not always easy to resolve.
    FB is really the culprit on this one and if your not sure I'm right, email their help team and let me know if you get anything past an acknowledgement of your email.
    04-22-13 09:52 AM
    Anyone have this issue? Just started today reboot didn't seem to solve
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000201.png 
Views:	1420 
Size:	120.3 KB 
ID:	153851

Posted via CB10
    I am not having this issue. My outlook is working so far.
    04-22-13 09:55 AM
    I am not having this issue. My outlook is working so far.
    Interesting I'll have to look at server settings when I'm done at the gym

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:02 AM
    I too wonder why Bell and Rogers users seem to have no issues. Could this be a CDMA vs GSM issue.
    Rogers and Bell are GSM and LTE. I suspect CDMA may be the problem. Maybe not the technology, but since it is so uncommon elsewhere in the world, the CDMA version may not get as much testing as the GSM versions prior to release. With GSM BlackBerry has hundreds of carriers able to test production phones prior to the release to the general public and probably find the problems early. With CDMA, you probably don't see a large number of phones in service until they are released by a large carrier like Verizon.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-22-13 10:03 AM
    I'm so grateful to the OP for all his awesome work. Everything is running so smoothly on my STL100-2, I couldn't be happier. You've made my day!

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:08 AM
    In all fairness to Verizon, the issues you see that are not resolved with all the updates we have all been doing are exactly why they are slow to update.
    Not that I like their slowness, but that is their exact argument.
    Interesting theory. Good theory. I do know one GSM guy whose device was rebooting but until I can confirm that he took the time to reformat his SD card in his Z10, I'm not counting him. This really could be the difference.
    04-22-13 10:14 AM
    Guys does the new os has the feature to zoom out. I am so disappointed with the z10. Also I can't select and copy someone's status. Many other issues.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:14 AM
    One more thing. When will Skype and tango and true caller be available?

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 10:16 AM
    My phone has rebooted twice since I got it release date. I believe it to be badly ported apps that hang the system that cant be flushed out of memory.
    04-22-13 10:19 AM
1,832 ... 5253545556 ...