05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    I've downloaded and I'm ready to install BUT ... I read a post

Since this is a beta version of the OS for developers, it doesn't come with the clock app
    Is this true? I see some postings that the Bridge can't Upgrade, but does it work if you restore from backup?
    04-21-13 11:59 PM
    I haven't tested out this leak but anyone that has can you tell me how this new BlackBerry Link computer sharing feature work? Can you just browse any shared folder or file on that device? If so I can't wait to get this update, I've been wanting this feature and no app ever did it as smoothly as I wanted it to. Oh and can you move files from those networked devices as well as stream video or audio?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    I tried using it to see how it works...but there are no files/folders showing anytime I select the PC with BB Link installed...it seems that there may be an update to BB Link before it starts working...it seems to have an option to access over mobile network...but I don't see any options that let you change any of it...it's impressive though...it detected both of my PCs, one of them being off-line (maybe based on previous PCs it has been synced with?)
    04-22-13 12:00 AM
    and now for something completely different... can someone please check if there is a 'rotate' option for pdf's in Adobe? It's one feature that I really would love to see on the device as too many people fax me things upside down or sideways - and it's a pain to view/annotate then... I haven't been able to find any 3rd party apps that do it either.
    thanks in advance.
    No rotate option available. Only Zoom
    04-22-13 12:02 AM
    I've downloaded and I'm ready to install BUT ... I read a post

Is this true? I see some postings that the Bridge can't Upgrade, but does it work if you restore from backup?
    This is not the 'developer release', this appears to be a full version of the OS. The clock is there, and so are all other apps that I've used before. The phone restored fine for me, but no guarantees that it'll be the same for you... Can't comment on the Bridge since I haven't used my PlayBook since I got the Z10
    04-22-13 12:03 AM
    Don't wipe the OS. If you do that, you will lose out on a lot of stuff :O. Hub stops working, and it starts lagging like no other
    Wish I'd read this first. *facepalm*

I guess I'll be home from work in... seven hours. should have brought my laptop.

No way to regress to a previous version of the OS without a computer, eh?

At least the Crackberry app works fine. =P

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:08 AM
    I wanna ask

If you copy BBM message does it come with the name of the sender while you paste it?

Posted via CB10
    It only pastes the text in the bubble, not the name of the sender.
    04-22-13 12:08 AM
    Ok I uploaded it, now I have lost 2 new apps I recently purchased last night. They are not in BlackBerry World, I hope I don't have to Re-purchase them. I miss my BeBuzz!!!!
    Edit....I had to go back to BlackBerry World and Download them from the app store.
    Last edited by calicocat2010; 04-22-13 at 12:22 AM.
    04-22-13 12:12 AM
    This is the only problem I can find with the facebook fix: No icon in the hub.

Attachment 153591
    I have it on mine along with Linkedin, PIN messages, etc.
    04-22-13 12:12 AM
    and now for something completely different... can someone please check if there is a 'rotate' option for pdf's in Adobe? It's one feature that I really would love to see on the device as too many people fax me things upside down or sideways - and it's a pain to view/annotate then... I haven't been able to find any 3rd party apps that do it either.
    thanks in advance.
    Actually, if rotation lock is off, you can rotate the documents to landscape .

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:14 AM
    I have it on mine along with Linkedin, PIN messages, etc.
    me too.
    04-22-13 12:20 AM
    Anyone noticed the BlackBerry Link file sharing?
    Attachment 153729
    Attachment 153730
    Attachment 153731

Posted via CB10
    Yup ;-)
    04-22-13 12:25 AM
    I haven't tested out this leak but anyone that has can you tell me how this new BlackBerry Link computer sharing feature work? Can you just browse any shared folder or file on that device? If so I can't wait to get this update, I've been wanting this feature and no app ever did it as smoothly as I wanted it to. Oh and can you move files from those networked devices as well as stream video or audio?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    It's pretty slick actually. Just turned on my WiFi, connected to my linked PC and am able to see all folders that are set-up for sharing.

I tested transferring some documents, photos and mp3 files. Works like a charm. Fast as well ;-)
    Baconwich likes this.
    04-22-13 12:30 AM
    Forgive me if someone asked, I searched the thread as much as I could.

If this is indeed a hybrid, I don't suppose there's a way to get this running on the PlayBook?
    04-22-13 12:33 AM
    After more then 24 I'm starting to have battery issues with my z10 draining very quickly, it sill go from 99% to 85 in less than 30 mins in standby.

I sat and watched it (with battery lover) drop from 90% to 88 in a about 2.5 minutes and I need a lot mote then 140+ mins in my day

As beautifully refined this os is I might have to wait for the official release. Will see after tomorrow.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:37 AM
    Its your server settings. the rim.* servers would not work for me.

I have an att.net account which uses yahoo.. and the server settings i had to use were inbound.att.net and outbound.att.net

pulled from yahoo's site..
    Yahoo Incoming Mail Server (POP3) - pop.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 465)
    Yahoo Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) - smtp.mail.yahoo.com (SSL enabled, port 995)

Now the others might work aswell (inbound/outbound)
    Possibly - it is straightforward Yahoo mail.
    However would the problem not be with attractive then?

It reminds me of what the sondern bankrupt and bought Tiscali in the UK did

If you had their email you were required to be on a Tiscali Internet connection or otherwise had to use their horrible web interface to send emails as outlook could not connect...
    That drive me to Yahoo - works from anywhere. (Same goes for MS Live and Google).

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:42 AM
    Forgive me if someone asked, I searched the thread as much as I could.

If this is indeed a hybrid, I don't suppose there's a way to get this running on the PlayBook?
    Your drain is not around 0.2W according to Batley guru, is it? In this case I would suspect a problem with device encryption.

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 12:43 AM
    I loaded the OS last night on my STL100-2, so I can’t comment on battery life yet; however, here are my initial insights:

1. Installation was smooth, no issues; however, following restore none of my settings or contact/calendar data was restored. The restore was extremely slow, took more than 45 minutes to complete.

2. When I rebooted the phone for the first time it was a bit sluggish. Not sure if this was related to the phone re-populating all of my contact and calendar data. After some time and another reboot the phone is fine; fast and responsive.

3. In the HUB under Compose, Whatsapp is still not an option. This was in the previous two builds as well. Not sure if this is Whatsapp related or BB related. It should be there.

4. Copy and paste is definitely easier to use and I can confirm pasting phone numbers into the dialer works fine.

5. The large magnifying glass for editing text definitely works better and for lefties like myself, this was a must. Before, I couldn’t see the words most of the time because my thumb was covering them.

6. SMTP email problem fixed, same as in the last build; however, when sending email from POP and IMAP accounts there is a slight lag in sending. After hitting the send button there is the clock icon for approx. 2-3seconds and then the email begins transmitting. With AES accounts it is immediate.

7. Email delivery is also much faster

8. One thing I am still missing in replying to emails. You cannot select which account you want to send from. You can only reply from the account that received the email. In previous OS’s like OS7 you were able to choose which account to send from regardless of which account the email was sent to. This feature should be brought back.

9. Under network mode I now lost 4G as an option. I can only select 3G and 2G. Not sure if this is due to the build or localized settings for my country. This is something I noticed when the phone first booted following the installation. It asked for my country/region and then began a small localization process. Don’t remember seeing that before. In the previous versions I always had 4G as an option. The Z10 was only just released in the previous week or so in Thailand so maybe that affected it.

10. Saved wifi networks can finally be deleted. Just click on a saved network and it will open the detailed options screen. The delete button is located at the bottom of the screen. Would be nice to be able to multiple select and delete, like messages.

11. The first time I switched the phone setting from normal to silent a pop-up came up and asked me if I wanted vibrate mode or silent mode. It did not come up again following the initial time.

12. Screen lock function works as discussed

13. Payment services does not work as confirmed earlier. ‘Unable to connect to payment services’.

14. Check for updates, now located on the bottom of the apps downloaded screen, works fine. As discussed, both Twitter and Adobe Reader updates will not complete; however, base installation of both work fine

15. Sideloading Android apps works fine, I don’t see any faster loading than previous builds. The few sideloaded apps I have work without issue.

16. Still have the issue when creating new contacts via the Z10 it saves copies to both my default account and work account. Both are using EAS.

17. Radio file is still not good. Cannot hold the signal. Constantly switching between H+, 3G and EDGE. Funny, because here in Thailand we don’t have HSPDA at all, LOL. Could be the phone, but it could be a carrier issue. The original base radio file worked the best so far. Cannot comment on this version yet. Need to make some more phone calls.

18. File Manager from the phone works great with PC’s. Was able to download files, photos and mp3 files extremely fast from shared folders on my PC.

19. Photo gallery has been cleaned up a bit. Smaller font allow full titles of albums to be seen more easily.

20. Dark theme on the Share tab looks cool

21. On the Call screen switching between All calls and Missed calls is very fast. Previously it didn't work at all or required tapping the All call or Missed call tab several times

22. Sorry to report the phone contact bug is back again! When trying to search contacts in the dialer screen several come up as not found, yet they are in my contacts and I can dial from there

Apologies for any of these that have been covered in the previous 53 pages 
    Last edited by marcati; 04-22-13 at 03:14 AM. Reason: new issues
    04-22-13 12:46 AM
    Didn't know... That's why I freak'in asked... Thanks...
    This has been said to people multiple times in this thread

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-22-13 01:05 AM
    Ok I uploaded it, now I have lost 2 new apps I recently purchased last night. They are not in BlackBerry World, I hope I don't have to Re-purchase them. I miss my BeBuzz!!!!
    Edit....I had to go back to BlackBerry World and Download them from the app store.
    *sigh*

04-22-13 01:07 AM
    10.Saved wifi networks can finally be deleted. Just click on a saved network and it will open the detailed options screen. The delete button is located at the bottom of the screen. Would be nice to be able to multiple select and delete, like messages.
    You could do this in previous OS versions, just harder to find. If you click on a saved network from the menu to open its properties, you could achieve the same effect by clicking the trash bin at the bottom of the screen.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    04-22-13 01:11 AM
    Happy to see that BlackBerry added to avoid traffic in the map app and added other avoid options as well!
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000472.png

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 01:35 AM
    You could do this in previous OS versions, just harder to find. If you click on a saved network from the menu to open its properties, you could achieve the same effect by clicking the trash bin at the bottom of the screen.

Posted via CB10 & loving it!
    Possibly in the official release from AT&T lbfe rolled out to us, but I can tell you in the first two official releases for the STL100-2 this was not possible. Clicking on a saved network wouldn't even open the options screen.
    04-22-13 01:37 AM
    So here is my battery life today.

Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000153.png

I'm not sure about it as I use my phone more during the weekends. I am seeing more usage spikes than normal. That is expected though since this is a hybrid and to my understanding, based on pre latest AT&T release

04-22-13 02:02 AM
    Question: Yes I have installed the 10.1 version and its pretty great so far thanks G-D my question is what's a Hybrid OS vs leaked or other name OS??

Posted via CB10
    04-22-13 02:10 AM
    So here is my battery life today.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000153.png 
Views:	1537 
Size:	55.9 KB 
ID:	153749

I'm not sure about it as I use my phone more during the weekends. I am seeing more usage spikes than normal. That is expected though since this is a hybrid and to my understanding, based on pre latest AT&T release

Idle use is interesting. I have a feeling it drains a bit more battery power than 10.10.0.90, but I will only be able to tell at the end of today.
    So far I don't think I have left my phone to idle long enough. The times it was idle yesterday however, it drained morepowe than the previous OS I had - we might be talking about at most 1% of battery being used up about 5-10 minutes quicker.

Posted via CB10

Edited away and extra "not"
    04-22-13 02:13 AM
1,832 ... 5051525354 ...