05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 4647484950 ...
tools
    After almost 24 hours with OS 10.1 everything goes well. Of all the improvements, there is no doubt the camera and keyboard were the best. Now I can take pictures in the dark with quality and the keyboard is even smarter. Nice!!
    COGICberry likes this.
    04-21-13 05:46 PM
    Well I've been up for 4 hours now. Say-it is not working- will delete it shortly. Everything else seems to be fine including Side-loads. I did notice it was quite warm after my restore. My first restore hung at 5% - but all three boxes were , in essence, checked off as the master restore all was. I canceled, then selectively restored each one by one- flawless. The Phone remained warm- 96 to 98 degrees. Did a restart AND a battery pull (once shut down), it remained warm and the battery was draining rapidly- Some things were laggy like deleting emails and some notifications. I was down to 20% or less. I charged it up- to 100%, and found its at 76 degrees, with some use 85, but not warm. The lagginess is also gone. Looks stable now- will update tomorrow morning-

Thanks again everyone- lots of fun AND good advice as usual! The Crackberry Community ROCKS
    tstrike34 likes this.
    04-21-13 05:50 PM
    Anyone finding an ish with linking up with Playbook via Bluetooth and BB Bridge?? BB bridge can't install on my Z anymore and my tablet and phone won't connect via bluetooth. .....interesting, still feeling the update. Wouldn't undo it for anything.
    04-21-13 05:52 PM
    Installed with no problems. I deleted Facebook and Twitter. Tried to reinstall them through BlackBerry world but the latest version of Facebook won't install. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 05:53 PM
    Anyone finding an ish with linking up with Playbook via Bluetooth and BB Bridge?? BB bridge can't install on my Z anymore and my tablet and phone won't connect via bluetooth. .....interesting, still feeling the update. Wouldn't undo it for anything.
    That's because the Hybrid is confusing the application that's trying to install (bridge) one work around that's been mentioned is to remove your Sim card and try to install and connect over wifi than once connected turn off put back in Sim card and it should work

Posted via CB10
    wobly and fjfisher601#AC like this.
    04-21-13 05:54 PM
    So far, quite heavy usage. Mostly CB. A phone call. Browsing BlackBerry world. The large spikes were from the camera. The non zero idle usage is from my music
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000144.png

I have been having some hiccuping but everything so far seems good. Facebook still refuses to give me updates but oh well.

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-21-13 05:58 PM
    Installed with no problems. I deleted Facebook and Twitter. Tried to reinstall them through BlackBerry world but the latest version of Facebook won't install. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted via CB10
    This...

Please follow my instructions carefully

I've provided the previous versioned apps in this zip. Save my zipped file, and unzip to desktop. You can sort through what you need, or select ALL and over write.

CURVEZZZ there's an sms file in here for you also, to fix the errors you're having. Please let me know if this helps. The file is titled textmessasges

Please use vnBB10 to install these files
    (set your phone for development mode, set a password, do not reduce the screen, start vnBB10, put in your devices IP address and password you just made, plug in device, hit connect, select install files, sort through what you want or use them all, wait, wait some more, once you're told it's completed installation, reboot and enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-21-13 05:59 PM
    Also, turned my phone on silent via the rockers and this popped up:

Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000145.png

Putting the phone on silent no longer seems to undo custom app muting

SDTRMG likes this.
    04-21-13 06:02 PM
    Please follow my instructions carefully

I've provided the previous versioned apps in this zip. Save my zipped file, and unzip to desktop. You can sort through what you need, or select ALL and over write.

CURVEZZZ there's an sms file in here for you also, to fix the errors you're having. Please let me know if this helps. The file is titled textmessasges

Please use vnBB10 to install these files
    (set your phone for development mode, set a password, do not reduce the screen, start vnBB10, put in your devices IP address and password you just made, plug in device, hit connect, select install files, sort through what you want or use them all, wait, wait some more, once you're told it's completed installation, reboot and enjoy.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bwr-...it?usp=sharing
    I tried vnbb and ddpb neither of which connect they say the connection was refused. I followed your instructions to the T for vnbb, rebooted phone and pc still wont connect.
    Last edited by curvezzz; 04-21-13 at 06:06 PM. Reason: typo
    04-21-13 06:04 PM
    Also, turned my phone on silent via the rockers and this popped up:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00000145.png 
Views:	1375 
Size:	97.2 KB 
ID:	153629

Putting the phone on silent no longer seems to undo custom app muting

This is just a one time thing so it knows which two profiles to switch between upon the quick toggle and the volume keys

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:04 PM
    took a screen shot of that also... but once you pick one it doesn't show up again..

edit... oops I missed your comment under the pic..

off topic
    goodness the new edit bubble is worth the update...

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-21-13 06:07 PM
    Still fighting with Yahoo email accounts. I found a suggestion to pull the battery and the SIM card. After this procedure, weird enough, I was able to add one Yahoo account but not a second one. Now I kind of regret I ran back to official OS, maybe would have worked on leaked too. Then again, I still can't add my second Yahoo account. From what I've seen here, other people struggle with Yahoo so try battery and SIM pull, might do it
    04-21-13 06:17 PM
    Works...
    Attachment 153553
    Hi Mecca EL... sorry, I don't follow - were you able to find a rotate function? thx for responding
    Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:19 PM
    Torrent for STL100-3,
    Z10 OS10.1 (STL100-3) (download torrent) - TPB
    Hope im creating these torrents the right way,let me know if anyone is using them
    Thank you! I wad going to send you a PM to ask if you could give the drop box download link for this one.

Posted via CB10
    SirJes likes this.
    04-21-13 06:25 PM
    For those with corporate BES 10 and Balance, beware that if you wipe and restore, you will only be able to restore what the device thinks is personal until your balance account is back on the device....which requires you to run the activation again with your admin. I have done a restore on what it will allow and that went fine.
    If the admins have so enabled, you can login to the BES portal and activate it yourself. There's a policy in the BES that allows users to open a browser session with the user activation portion of the BES. It allows full device wipe and BES activation --
    04-21-13 06:35 PM
    Man I hate these Ilivid programs that pop up Everytime I try to download something. IS this the program that I need to download this file?
    04-21-13 06:36 PM
    WTF are you talking about? I just asked a question. Go ahead and install it. And get a coffee or something to take the edge off. Geez

Posted via CB10
    Are you speaking in such an UGLY tone to me?
    04-21-13 06:42 PM
    Need help! Can't update on my Mac... Got as far as unzipping the RAR file and now I can't update... I have read through 20 pages of this thread and can't find helpful information so far. If it has been covered, can someone let me know the page...

Posted via CB10
    Wherever did you get the idea that you can run the file on OS X? Never before were we able to run leaked OS's on OS X nor are we able to now. You need either Boot Camp, VM Fusion or Parallels and a Windows installation. That's the only way that can happen...
    04-21-13 06:47 PM
    Man I hate these Ilivid programs that pop up Everytime I try to download something. IS this the program that I need to download this file?

ANYBODY have a Better solution to DOWNLOAD this? I want to avoid ILIVID as much as possible.

AND FOR THOSE attacking me, I DO like updating MY phone with better Faster improvements. I Just wanted to know what the heck .rar was and WHERE to get it so that I can keep up with the newest update. I May not be a developer or a damn expert on this, but I DO LIKE having a faster and better phone.
    What programs are u being asked to download?
    Hey folks, I wanted to know if any improvements where made to the GMAIL interface on the 10.1 leak?

Debating if I want to try it? If the GMAIL issues where addressed, I might go for it, let me know please.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:50 PM
    If your trying to download the torrent files then use this program,
    Download Tixati

Then just go to the link and click the writing u see next to the little magnet icon it should open,in the program and start downloading
    04-21-13 06:51 PM
    What programs are u being asked to download?
    I want to download this OS, but when I get to the download page it brings up Ilivid. I Don't want to install that, I want the File for the OS update.
    04-21-13 06:53 PM
    Gasbuddy doesn't work
    Sayit doesn't work
    Beweather pro won't load maps.

So far battery is real strong 43% after 12 hours

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 06:58 PM
    For anyone that is too lazy to read through this whole thread, N4BB has a nice little list of changes with screenshots as well.
    Their list is by no means exhaustive, nor is it certain to translate to the actual 10.1 release, "soon", but nevertheless, a good quick summary.

Sneak Peek of BlackBerry OS 10.1 - N4BB

Kevin and Bla1ze, I'm looking at you guys and wondering why you guys didn't bother posting something like this. Instead of the generic "new leak, go check it out, Bla1ze out". lol oh wait, thats "Kevin out" hmmm, Bla1ze needs a good one liner exit.
    Mecca EL and blakobecwa like this.
    04-21-13 06:59 PM
1,832 ... 4647484950 ...