05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 3435363738 ...
tools
    nobody else noticed:

-Maps app won't load map images
    -sideloaded app (Scope app) activates GPS indefinately
    -cannot access application permissions screen
    First time I loaded maps the images didn't come...restarted and all was good
    04-21-13 09:01 AM
    Anyone have a download link for these that actually works.
    04-21-13 09:01 AM
    Side loaded Flipboard does not load.
    04-21-13 09:03 AM
    I have a working Adobe Reader, but my version of this OS is a bit different...
    Attachment 153454

Posted via CB10
    You are using the Dev OS 10.1 SDK officially released by blackberry, and not the one compiled by 'ibfe'.

Posted via CB10 using my Gorgeous Z10
    04-21-13 09:05 AM
    nobody else noticed?

-Maps app won't load map images
    -sideloaded app (Scope app) activates GPS indefinately
    -cannot access application permissions screen
    Maps are good for me right down to navigation. Don't have Scope side loaded, and my app permissions screen spins out.
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000815.png

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:05 AM
    For people having problems with instagram, I had the same problems initially. You need to download bluestacks (or use an android/iphone). Go to facebook on your computer/browser and find the instagram application. delete it. Now go to Bluestacks and download instagram. Signin. Go to options (three dots) and associate sharing with facebook. Go back to facebook on the broswer and select "send to mobile" from the instagram application page (or something like that, can't remember exactly how its said). Now delete instagram from your phone and sideload a fresh copy. Do the forgot password and select the option to reset through facebook. It should work.
    Last edited by dj_matty_s; 04-21-13 at 09:39 AM.
    04-21-13 09:06 AM
    Kim, you are a rockstar! Do you think the full Bridge functions will return at some point?
    I'm not mscooley but I do see a full Bridge funtionallity being avalible at some point in time. The only road block might be carriers (like AT&T) who would rather you pay more money by using your data through WIFI.
    mscooley and Mecca EL like this.
    04-21-13 09:06 AM
    Side loaded Flipboard does not load.
    It works on mine. Runs a little better imo actually. Something must be off on yours....
    04-21-13 09:08 AM
    I'm not mscooley but I do see a full Bridge funtionallity being avalible at some point in time. The only road block might be carriers (like AT&T) who would rather you pay more money by using your data through WIFI.
    Fully agree with ya.

Posted via CB10
    jordanc76 likes this.
    04-21-13 09:09 AM
    I read random pages as well as I have been at the daughters hospital bedside all night.

I noticed there are few no complaints about a lack of Skype in the release m good I suppose

Posted via CB10
    Hey mate... Hope your daughter recovers soon. Forget about the update, man. It will still be here when your daughter is discharged.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-21-13 09:10 AM
    The truth of the matter is 'ibfe'...
    It's 'LBFE' and the rest of your statement is pure speculation, not truth.
    lbfe likes this.
    04-21-13 09:11 AM
    You are using the Dev OS 10.1 SDK officially released by blackberry, and not the one compiled by 'ibfe'
    Then how come Mecca has the Music app? Another wrong guess... and it's 'LBFE'
    Mecca EL and SDTRMG like this.
    04-21-13 09:14 AM
    Been running this leak for over 7 hours. So far so good, apart from what already been said about certain apps not being able to update...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by w1sd0m.t00th; 04-21-13 at 09:43 AM.
    04-21-13 09:18 AM
    Bare with me! I'm a new BB user. So I really don't understand what you guys are talking about leak OS. Maybe, I did not follow thru all the conversations within this thread. I was on iOS before and I have never heard anything about leak iOS. What I did was just get a notification from Apple for updating a newer version of OS. Would anyone help explain what a leak OS means to me. What should I do?

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    leak os is for the developer..meaning developer try their app in an improveed os that will eventually be push to user by your provider
    04-21-13 09:22 AM
    Well I guess it really bugs me because when I was 6 I was beaten by a stick that my uncle called "STL 100-1". It still stings bro.

Moral of the story, never name your beating sticks.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. That's exactly what I felt when I was using the 9930 and every 9900 users (aka everyone in the world) were getting their updates. You guys should backread that thread. Get some popcorn too.

Posted from my Z10
    04-21-13 09:24 AM
    leak os is for the developer..meaning developer try their app in an improveed os that will eventually be push to user by your provider
    Just a few terminology checks: Beta OSs are for devs to check their apps against. Leaks can exist in many forms - a full, fully functional OS, a hybrid, a restricted developer (or beta) build.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and James Nieves like this.
    04-21-13 09:27 AM
    Carrier specific. AT&T still locked.

Posted via CB10
    Please explain: What does editing APN settings get you? I am with AT&T and used to have to enter them--don't and can't anymore--but what would an edit do?
    04-21-13 09:28 AM
    In addition to that, I have lost my Facebook app..
    Initially, it wouldn't connect, so I tried deleting it and reinstalling it. This didn't work just as for already mentioned apps.

Also, while doing restore, I was forced to setup balance/BES first. This enabled IT policy which disabled the ability to use Development Mode.

I will try to start over again, this time without setting up the Balance/BES before restore...

Activating BES later, might bypass the IT policy as it did/worked for me before.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:29 AM
    It works on mine. Runs a little better imo actually. Something must be off on yours....
    are you using the bar from bb10bars site?
    04-21-13 09:31 AM
    Kim, you are a rockstar! Do you think the full Bridge functions will return at some point?
    Full Bridge is already installed, it's just deactivated. I'm sure once the PB gets an update, it will fully pair with the Z10
    mscooley likes this.
    04-21-13 09:33 AM
    In addition to that, I have lost my Facebook app..
    Initially, it wouldn't connect, so I tried deleting it and reinstalling it. This didn't work just as for already mentioned apps.

Also, while doing restore, I was forced to setup balance/BES first. This enabled IT policy which disabled the ability to use Development Mode.

I will try to start over again, this time without setting up the Balance/BES before restore...

Activating BES later, might bypass the IT policy as it did/worked for me before.

Posted via CB10
    I am dealing with similar issue....the BES part anyway. How were you able to restore fully without having a new enterprise activation on the BES?
    04-21-13 09:33 AM
    Please explain: What does editing APN settings get you? I am with AT&T and used to have to enter them--don't and can't anymore--but what would an edit do?
    Basically it's an access point setting. Determines what network you can connect to.

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-21-13 09:35 AM
    For people having problems with instagram, I had the same problems initially. You need to download bluestacks (or use an android/iphone). Go to facebook on your computer/browser and find the instagram application. delete it. Now go to Bluestacks and download instagram. Signin. Go to options (three dots) and associate sharing with facebook. Go back to facebook on the broswer and select "send to mobile" (or something like that, can't remember exactly how its said). Now delete instagram from your phone and sideload a fresh copy. Do the forgot password and select the option to reset through facebook. It should work.
    this worked perfectly, thank you!
    dj_matty_s likes this.
    04-21-13 09:37 AM
    Okay. Where did you get that?

Posted via CB10
    lbfe and I released hybrids at the same time. Mines retains a few of the updated core files, that this one doesn't. If it wasn't for lbfe's earlier labors, I wouldn't have discovered any of this.
    Last edited by Mecca EL; 04-21-13 at 09:48 AM. Reason: LBFE
    lbfe, sbmd, SDTRMG and 1 others like this.
    04-21-13 09:40 AM
    I am dealing with similar issue....the BES part anyway. How were you able to restore fully without having a new enterprise activation on the BES?
    I haven't yet. However, I believe it is possible to choose what exactly has to be restored. E.g leaving the enterprise parts out.
    I intend to reactivate BES tomorrow in the office.

Anyway, if that will not work, I might use older backup without BES.

I'll report later once it is done.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 09:41 AM
1,832 ... 3435363738 ...