05-08-13 12:23 PM
1,832 ... 2627282930 ...
tools
    Installed easily works well on rogers stl 3

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:50 AM
    So, reasonably easy install... I went the 1485 dev alpha release for the radio code then the 1429 Dev C leak to overwrite the core OS file system vs. the all in one install in this thread, mainly because I had already downloaded the other files before and didn't want to use up another gigabyte of data to grab the new leak..

This install seems stable to me; sideloading works, battery consumption seems to be a bit more under control according to early readings from Battery Guru (with the last official OS, there's some unpredictable background activity that can go on: when everything is working fine, sleep mode draws 0.02-0.08W, with some occasional spikes for background email receive, etc, but the upshot is that if sleep mode works, the device will easily last a whole day on a charge.. On the other hand, when the power management is not working properly, the device may continue drawing significant power even during "sleep" which drains the battery very fast).. I used to have to quit all my apps with a long-press on the "X" to make sure they closed in order to make sure nothing would ignore sleep mode and continue to run.. WIth the leak, Battery Guru shows that the device quickly drops into low power state whereas the last OS could keep apps running longer.. This bodes for much better battery life with upcoming releases!

What else.. The changes to the hub startup screen have been mentioned, the fact that ActiveSync accounts can now do "forever" sync (I would really prefer more granularity: 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, 1 year, vs. going from 30 days to everything).. Unfortunately, IMAP accounts are still stuck at 30 days (I don't mind this so much, but I'd love to be able to maintain more than 30 days of previously synced email on the device: ie, it can only sync the last 30 days, that's an IMAP limitation, but once the messages are on the device, allow the device to keep them longer than 30 days).. There's individual notifications for each account, there's a new "BlackBerry Link" screen in the settings that controls the connection to the Link desktop client, and for those people (including myself) who had experienced laggy email delivery and perhaps thought that the loss of BIS was responsible, well this release seems to have fixed that: my email accounts deliver virtually instantly with the new OS whereas with the last official release, only ActiveSync accounts were instant and the others seemed random: sometimes instant, sometimes greatly delayed (and yes, the "use Push if supported" box was checked).. The new OS also allows you to set a 5-minute minimum sync interval (old one was 15 minutes) if your email account doesn't support IMAP push..

In terms of the built in apps: The new calculator and camera with HDR mode have been mentioned.. I think "working hours" have been added to the calendar app (at least I don't recall seeing these settings before), and the contacts app has a few new settings, including "use cloud services" to data mine all your contacts' Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.. In BBM, I see a "Allow BBM Calls over mobile networks" option! There's a new search app icon, which I don't understand the point of.. Search was always and still is accessible by touching the magnifying glass at the bottom of the screen, so why do we also need a new icon now?? What else? The Android player has been updated somewhat; I don't think it's Jelly Bean, but they have made some tweaks.. Some things still don't work, but they get farther in before they crap out.. For example, many incompatible Android apps would previously just show a black screen and then crap out or just hang infinitely at the black screen, now, many of them will at least display the splash screen before crapping out (hey, it's progress ;-) ). Some apps actually get a lot closer to working, for example Shazam will now run, but when it tries to tag, it claims it can't access the microphone.. General Android performance seems slightly better, but you know they're not native apps.. Some behavioural differences and some *worse* performance as well, for example, Poynt, used to run reasonably well, could not get a GPS fix so you'd have to program in your location; not a big deal.. Under 1429, it now gets a GPS fix, but the screen blanks occasionally, and it can get very laggy sometimes..

So, many improvements, but there's also the problems, mainly with app compatibility.. Whether this is because it's a leak or because of API changes introduced in 10.1 is unknown.. Probably some of each..

Problem apps:
    Adobe Reader - new version will not install
    BlackBerry Bridge - will not install
    Mireo Don't Panic - will not install (and this was a very good off-line, data-free GPS nav app too.. I hope they do a 10.1 update soon)
    Flixter- installs, but does not run- gets a blank white screen.. Another of my regular use apps.. Oh well, at least Poynt still works, but is very slow under this OS..

Oh, I also lost my voice mail #, so I'll have to call the cell provider tomorrow and get them to push it down again, as none of the publically posted access numbers work for me (@!#$ Fido..), and I had a pristine RIM-issued, unlocked, unbranded phone, and the leaked OS also put a Fido splash screen onto my device when I power off now..
    mset, Mecca EL, cyco1978 and 4 others like this.
    04-21-13 01:50 AM
    Jeebus, I finally took the plunge and the 1.5gig autoloader took less then 5 minutes to load the OS into the phone, It takes longer to move a 1.5gig movie to my sd card O.o
    jdhooghe likes this.
    04-21-13 01:51 AM
    As mentioned before for the millionth time no support to STL100-1 due to HARDWARE differences

Posted via CB10
    Hahahaha I have STL-1 its funny how even after reading we ask why we not getting. Lol pissed off a blv we are!
    My question is the lock screen. No 1 talked about it. Is it simple and fast or ******** as we have?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:53 AM
    Another thing about sideloaded instagram,before when i updated (via loader/clean) and then restored my backup and then sideloaded instagram i had to do the process to sign back in,now it just signed in without any input from me,no errors nothing, is it that something changed in the way bblink backs up or is it something changed with the android player
    04-21-13 01:55 AM
    Also,

Text message threads and BBM group convos load a lot more quickly for me.

Text messages also seem to send quicker(More testing is needed)
    Kat0908 likes this.
    04-21-13 01:56 AM
    Hahahaha I have STL-1 its funny how even after reading we ask why we not getting. Lol pissed off a blv we are!
    My question is the lock screen. No 1 talked about it. Is it simple and fast or ******** as we have?

Posted via CB10
    You can either unlock it one of 3 ways

1. Gesture enabled swipe up
    2. Gesture disabled power + swipe up
    3. Power bypass - clicking power button unlocks immediately

Posted via CB10
    cyco1978 likes this.
    04-21-13 01:57 AM
    Another thing about sideloaded instagram,before when i updated (via loader/clean) and then restored my backup and then sideloaded instagram i had to do the process to sign back in,now it just signed in without any input from me,no errors nothing, is it that something changed in the way bblink backs up or is it something changed with the android player
    Maybe the block Instagram put on it no longer is relevant due to changes in the OS? I just assumed that I had to go through that process again so I didn't try.
    04-21-13 01:57 AM
    Also,

+1

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 01:58 AM
    Also,

Yup texts send quicker,for me i got like a 1-3 seconds red icon before it went,now it just zips through
    hey everyone, curious for an answer whether i can use a windows os thats running on my mac through parallels? is anyone familiar with this. i was a bout to install when i remembered im running though my mac. not my laptop which is broken. thanks
    Can remember now sync evernote notes with formatting like checklists, tables, etc.
    04-21-13 01:59 AM
    hey everyone, curious for an answer whether i can use a windows os thats running on my mac through parallels? is anyone familiar with this. i was a bout to install when i remembered im running though my mac. not my laptop which is broken. thanks
    From what I've read VM's don't work you need windows installed via boot camp

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:00 AM
    You can either unlock it one of 3 ways

1. Gesture enabled swipe up
    2. Gesture disabled power + swipe up
    3. Power bypass - clicking power button unlocks immediately

Posted via CB10
    Thanx for the reply. But ment the security pin lock, is it simpler now or the dnt touch it?

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:01 AM
    My fav app, Mireo is not working

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:06 AM
    Thanx for the reply. But ment the security pin lock, is it simpler now or the dnt touch it?

Posted via CB10
    Ah seen nope still the full password type input

Posted via CB10
    mudy likes this.
    04-21-13 02:09 AM
    My battery's gone from 100% to 60 from 11:30 to now, usually takes 5 or 6 hours for that to happen. And so far I've experienced one reboot, when I've had none before and slight leg in the os. But the pros have out weighed the cons for me so far. And I think the battery is due to resyncing all my accounts, or hope. I'll report back.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-13 02:10 AM
    anyone having yahoo mail issues with this OS? It keeps telling me to log into mail.yahoo.com and try to set up my account after.
    04-21-13 02:15 AM
    My battery's gone from 100% to 60 from 11:30 to now, usually takes 5 or 6 hours for that to happen. And so far I've experienced one reboot, when I've had none before and slight leg in the os. But the pros have out weighed the cons for me so far. And I think the battery is due to resyncing all my accounts, or hope. I'll report back.

Posted via CB10

It does a lot of syncing at first. Currently I'm syncing every single email from my Gmail account. Apparently I need emails from 2005. Hey, you never know!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    04-21-13 02:16 AM
    Some slightly negative things I've noticed:

When flicking up from the Hub to get to your active frames, it dims(looks almost stuttery)

Going into the phone app and exiting the phone app stutters.

The settings menu stutters a lot more than the latest official AT&T OS release.

Keyboard Improvements

Flickable words seem to be slightly bigger
    Suggested words seem to be more relevant
    New editing circle look and comes with suggestive symbols on it in case you didn't know about tap once to go over one letter
    04-21-13 02:17 AM
    as in it will eff my phone if i try to do it or it just wont work?
    04-21-13 02:20 AM
    Tried that when buddy mentioned type and go doesn't work like that as he pointed out its built into the search now

Posted via CB10
    Like this? So sad if it doesn't work.
    Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-img_00000098.png
    04-21-13 02:25 AM
    Device encryption is present now. Before it was just the media card.
    Attachment 153333

Posted via CB10
    It was there all along.

It's quite surprising a lot of people here can't wait to install an unofficial patched up OS when they haven't explored every damn feature of their devices' current config yet.

Posted from my Z10
    04-21-13 02:32 AM
    I never received suggestions for user names before. I finally got one when I attempted to log into Facebook on my browser

Posted via CB using my sexy Zee10
    04-21-13 02:35 AM
    Full OS 10.1.0.1429
    installing like other Autoloaders(here is not need to install any DEV OS before apply)
    Full OS Autoloader
    do backup with BBLINK
    Close BBLINK
    run exe connect phone
    wait
    after first run restore backup with BBLINK

please dont ask on PM how i got it where and when is new version can be never
    STL100-4
    STL100-3
    STL100-2

Like always loading at you own responsibility

All thx go to Sachup.exe +winHex-editor+ my little brain
    LBFE, just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work in putting these two leaked OS's out into the field for us. Most of hardcore testers have been frustrated by the inability to load versions before they are officially pushed out by the carriers.

Keep up the great work!!! :-)
    04-21-13 02:41 AM
1,832 ... 2627282930 ...