05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    Nice! Glad I noticed it to switch it to forever now!

You would be correct. It was rumored that they were dropping the 30 day sync limit.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:32 PM
    Really now... I know the thing is restoring (I cancelled at some point and it has my social media and emails in) but this sitting at 0% is just bogus. Oh well.. Maybe in the next two hours it will finally decide to jump to 100%...
    04-20-13 10:34 PM
    It looks like your using pop on your Gmail not imap

Posted via CB10

Yeah, with imap, it doesnot even have the sync time frame
    04-20-13 10:35 PM
    Caps mode coming up

NOTE TO ALL BEGINNERS IF YOU HAVE TO ASK HOW TO INSTALL, HOW TO BACK UP, HOW TO INSTALL A RAR FILE, OR FAIL TO READ THIS THREAD DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOAD THIS LEAKED OS FOR THE SAKE OF SAVING US EXPERIENCED A HEADACHE FIXING YOUR PROBLEMS JUST WAIT FOR A OFFICIAL OTA FROM YOUR CARRIER

NOTE TO ALL EXPERIENCED PEOPLE PLEASE STOP HELPING THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BUISNESS INSTALLING LEAKS

Posted via CB10
    You couldn't have directed them to do some reading? Send them some links? Post some help articles? You just pull the trigger and tell everyone to back off? Yikes.

That's not the CrackBerry I know. We help each other around here. Some of us screw up, some of us step in and help out. I wouldn't know half the things about BlackBerry that I do if I avoided everything I read on here like the plague. I've done it all from figure out how to get into the engineering screen to loading the wrong OS and bricking my phone. I would have been lost without these forums. People here help, not shove away.
    04-20-13 10:36 PM
    I think the guy writing in all caps is just pretending to be irritated with all the dumb newbies, because there is no way he actually so self important and condescending
    Nope I'm not but if it takes caps for people to read and understand (because most people think caps is a crime) than I'll keep doing it till people get it through their one tracked minds

I have no problem having people hate me when they get bashed by me but I do help people when they have an actual problem

Posted via CB10
    jdhooghe likes this.
    Already admitted to my mistake I only went off what I was told guess that's what I get for listening to my military IT guru

Posted via CB10
    Welcome to the new cb, I'm sure it will be pointed out over and over again but lots of people that don't know what the phuck they are talking about
    middbrew likes this.
    I understand but the fact they aren't reading and are asking basic questions such as how to back up is a key sign they shouldn't mess with software that could potentially bring harm to their device (as unlikely as it is but it does happen)

Posted via CB10
    I disagree. I came to CB on 2009 and I had plenty of ultra noobish questions (including how to backup). If I had found this kind of disposition then, do you think I would have turned into a helpful member with over 8000 posts?

"We're here to help" I always say. Help and spread the knowledge. And as you said yourself... There really is little change of bricking the device, so why not let them have some fun?

And yeah, caps is internet for shouting. I'd try Bold and red next time.

Now, back to testing and reporting on the leak, shall we?
    04-20-13 10:37 PM
    You couldn't have directed them to do some reading? Send them some links? Post some help articles? You just pull the trigger and tell everyone to back off? Yikes.
    Yup after the past few days I've learned most people want things spoon fed to them and I'm not gonna do that

Posted via CB10
    R Field likes this.
    04-20-13 10:38 PM
    not interested, no striking & specials features.. not worth

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:40 PM
    Gonna wait for official. But thanks to the OP for doing this.
    04-20-13 10:40 PM
    04-20-13 10:41 PM
    I disagree. I came to CB on 2009 and I had plenty of ultra noobish questions (including how to backup). If I had found this kind of disposition then, do you think I would have turned into a helpful member with over 8000 posts?

"We're here to help" I always say. Help and spread the knowledge. And as you said yourself... There really is little change of bricking the device, so why not let them have some fun?
    I have no problem helping either but people have to do some work themselves as well as I stated I'm not here to spoon feed information to people who won't retain it the best way is to research your self and when exhausted all options than ask for help.

I used to load hybrids onto my 9900 all the time from these forums I never posted much because I read and learn

I went onto android platform developed there and learnt by reading only asked for help when I exhausted all options

My story is simple if the request for help is honest and the person seems to have tried I'll help if they just come in here expecting to have their hand held through the process I'll blast them one for not reading

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:42 PM
    Yup after the past few days I've learned most people want things spoon fed to them and I'm not gonna do that

Posted via CB10
    Hail to the King!!!! Thank God someone knows everything and will go out his way to let us idiots know....
    wxmancanada likes this.
    Caps mode coming up

NOTE TO ALL BEGINNERS IF YOU HAVE TO ASK HOW TO INSTALL, HOW TO BACK UP, HOW TO INSTALL A RAR FILE, OR FAIL TO READ THIS THREAD DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT ATTEMPT TO LOAD THIS LEAKED OS FOR THE SAKE OF SAVING US EXPERIENCED A HEADACHE FIXING YOUR PROBLEMS JUST WAIT FOR A OFFICIAL OTA FROM YOUR CARRIER

NOTE TO ALL EXPERIENCED PEOPLE PLEASE STOP HELPING THESE PEOPLE WHO HAVE NO BUISNESS INSTALLING LEAKS

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for your input "Mr Experienced". If you don't want to help people that's fine, but why would it bother you if someone else does?

Posted via CB10

And yeah, caps is internet for shouting. I'd try Bold and red next time.

Now, back to testing and reporting on the leak, shall we?
    Sorry but I disagree to an extent. Helping those people is what this website is all about. That said, should I direct my grandma, who basically knows nothing about technology and has a million shortcuts to solitaire on her desktop everytime I visit, to do this? No. That would be extremely irresponsible for me. If she had an iPhone, I would not trust her to jailbreak it either. There comes a point when you have to say no.
    04-20-13 10:43 PM
    The King has spoken people... let's move on
    04-20-13 10:44 PM
    And to hell goes the thread...

Leaked OS 10.1.0.1429 for z10 STL100-2 STL100-3 STL100-4-picard-facepalm.jpg
    j8330, h20work, curvezzz and 7 others like this.
    04-20-13 10:44 PM
    Hail to the King!!!! Thank God someone knows everything and will go out his way to let us idiots know....
    Why are you so angry? If you feel up to it, do it. If someone feels up to helping you if you screw up, there is no guarantee that anyone will be there. Your choice.
    04-20-13 10:46 PM
    And all the children have suddenly entered this thread. :/
    R Field likes this.
    Don't do this if you are on balance. Restore will fail without balance enabled. Unless I am missing something I will need my admin to do another enterprise activation.
    And to hell goes the thread...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	picard-facepalm.jpg 
Views:	1249 
Size:	15.2 KB 
ID:	153318
    Aha i agree let's get this back on topic

Posted via CB10
    diegonei likes this.
    04-20-13 10:47 PM
    So this release is literally just the new features from the Dev OS, plus all the little things that were missing? Does that mean that this is going to be all that's in the upcoming update, or are they still making changes before releasing 10.1 official?

So tempted to do this. Already download the version for my phone, just not sure I want to be violating the phone so soon. We've only been together for a day or so. I should probably ease into messing with it.

But it's so tempting...
    04-20-13 10:48 PM
    Don't do this if you are on balance. Restore will fail without balance enabled. Unless I am missing something I will need my admin to do another enterprise activation.
    Good point, because this is a leak I don't belive your administration can reactive but if they can you gotta let us know that'll be a big plus in future leaks

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:49 PM
    Yaaaaa! Pin Messaging is back!
    04-20-13 10:49 PM
    So this release is literally just the new features from the Dev OS, plus all the little things that were missing? Does that mean that this is going to be all that's in the upcoming update, or are they still making changes before releasing 10.1 official?

So tempted to do this. Already download the version for my phone, just not sure I want to be violating the phone so soon. We've only been together for a day or so. I should probably ease into messing with it.

But it's so tempting...
    There will be more changes to official 10.1 and yea your correct this is basically a pre Dev version with all apps and social support

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 10:50 PM
1,832 ... 1920212223 ...