05-08-13 11:23 AM
1,832 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    After the dos screen opens it just sits there blinking and not recognizing my phone I've tried all USB ports. Could this be because I sync with a Mac?

Been trying for the os so long now. Do I have to have my z10 off before I plug it in?
    04-20-13 09:34 PM
    Option to Restore Backup from Protect is present in this build.
    SDTRMG, justen, willie44 and 2 others like this.
    04-20-13 09:34 PM
    2nd class or 1st class, different hardware or not, it is still blackberry z10 and should not be left out on updates. Why manufacture 100-1 if it will be just left out?
    Hope they also release one for this version.

Posted via CB10
    Dude, this isn't an official release. You do understand that, right?
    scrapmetal58 likes this.
    04-20-13 09:35 PM
    This. Is. A. Leaked. Version. Do you not understand. This is NOT released by BlackBerry. Jesus.
    I understand this is a leaked version and of course a lot would like to try it on z10 versions 1 to 4.
    That is just my point.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:35 PM
    I've been using it since 4:30pm, lots of great new features.

HDR mode is nice, new camera shutter sound is a nice improvement.

When you increase the font size from the settings menu it increases it EVERYWHERE, including in emails.

The new bubble to edit text is greatly improved, though it was fine for me before.

I'm liking the green highlights for the auto correct

The type and go thing from the universal search is handy.

That's all I can remember off hand.

Some things you need to know:

-bbm will lag for the first hour or so, but it goes away

-the swiping instructions go away if you swipe all the way over to the last page. I'm pretty sure that's how I got them to stop, or maybe I just waited.

- keyboard sounds has its own setting menu

Posted via CB10
    Will You please let me know if you can now set up group contacts? This would make me take the chance.
    04-20-13 09:36 PM
    After the dos screen opens it just sits there blinking and not recognizing my phone I've tried all USB ports. Could this be because I sync with a Mac?

Been trying for the os so long now
    Unless your using boot camp and running windows on it you won't be able to have it work

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:37 PM
    Will You please let me know if you can now set up group contacts? This would make me take the chance.
    No group contacts

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:37 PM
    I understand this is a leak version and of course a lot would like to try it versions 1 to 4.
    That is just my point.

Posted via CB10
    No. This is what you said, "2nd class or 1st class, different hardware or not, it is still blackberry z10 and should not be left out on updates. Why manufacture 100-1 if it will be just left out?
    Hope they also release one for this version."

You don't seem to understand that this is a leaked version and BlackBerry OF COURSE has a version from the STL-100-1 firmware. It just hasn't been leaked yet. Please understand this.
    04-20-13 09:38 PM
    Thanks for the input everyone, but think I'm gonna take a pass on this 'leak'. I'm pretty happy with the current official release (Rogers) and if it doesn't have the updated android runtime, its not worth it yet (for me). Enjoy and lets hope the official drops soon!
    Just so you know the android runtime won't be updated with 10.1 it'll come as a separate update

Posted via CB10
    Unless your using boot camp and running windows on it you won't be able to have it work

Posted via CB10
    I'm doing it on a windows computer, just doesn't seem to recognize my z10.

I open the dos window and wait, then plug it in and it just sits there blinking.
    I've tried with the z10 off and on, restarted both. Sadly ill probably have to just wait.
    guys can any of you give me some info on the apn settings? are they editable?
    04-20-13 09:39 PM
    I have the Keyboard Sounds!

For people that said they can't update Facebook/Twitter/Adobe Reader, just delete them and reinstall from the App Store!
    Mecca EL likes this.
    04-20-13 09:40 PM
    Build date of April 8, so 12 days old.

Installing now.

If Al Qaeda gets pics of my kids, I'll be pissed.
    I actually laughed out loud when I read this.

Posted via CB10
    jonassabatini likes this.
    04-20-13 09:40 PM
    guys, please dropbox the file for the STL100-4
    04-20-13 09:41 PM
    Bare with me! I'm a new BB user. So I really don't understand what you guys are talking about leak OS. Maybe, I did not follow thru all the conversations within this thread. I was on iOS before and I have never heard anything about leak iOS. What I did was just get a notification from Apple for updating a newer version of OS. Would anyone help explain what a leak OS means to me. What should I do?

Posted via CB10 on my adorable Z10
    04-20-13 09:41 PM
    Thank God I already sold it and change it with 100-2

Posted via CB10
    Than why all the whining for mate??

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and trynacu2 like this.
    04-20-13 09:42 PM
    No. This is what you said, "2nd class or 1st class, different hardware or not, it is still blackberry z10 and should not be left out on updates. Why manufacture 100-1 if it will be just left out?
    Hope they also release one for this version."

You don't seem to understand that this is a leaked version and BlackBerry OF COURSE has a version from the STL-100-1 firmware. It just hasn't been leaked yet. Please understand this.
    Yes i just phrased it the wrong way but it was a response to someone who said that since 100-1 is just 2nd class and of different hardware that is why it wasn't included on the leaked version which should have not been the case. It should have been, there may be one also for 100-1 but hasn't been leaked yet as you have mentioned. I do perfectly understand.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:43 PM
    Sadly, need full windows PC. Autoloader detects virtualization and craps out.

Boot Camp works.

Posted via CB10
    Confirm. It hasn't been possible to load OS's with VMs since the first micro USB BBs came out. Has to do somehow with inability to reconnect to USB fast enough, but no one knows why.

I can't even do a backup on Link with my VM, but works perfectly with the Mac Link and on my Boot Camp Windows 8 32 bit.
    04-20-13 09:43 PM
    Anything ever come out about the Twitter and Adobe loading issue? How is that resolved?

Posted via CB10
    CecilTsunami and donemt like this.
    04-20-13 09:44 PM
    links for 4 are not working, tired using firefox chrome and IE, still unable to get it to download any other links please
    04-20-13 09:45 PM
    Why don't we just call Blackberry if there is a problem with all this?
    04-20-13 09:47 PM
    Hey, just got home, have read the thread at work. Time to get this goodies in

Remind me that i was actually missing playing with blackberry swiss army knife (bsak) with my 9900 and previous bb devices...too bad it's just too easy with bb10 to have to worry about the "os not found error 507" white screen at the end of a load....meh, still way to have fun, i loaded the developers version and had to come back with my official one as too many stuffs were missing (FB+TW+ music player....) time to play around again

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:48 PM
    Why don't we just call Blackberry if there is a problem with all this?
    Lol, you do know what "Leak os "means right ?

Hmmm i think you were being sarcastic....right?

Posted via CB10
    04-20-13 09:49 PM
    Delete twitter and re-install from app world. I couldn't get adobe sorted.

My earlier problem with contacts' playbook video chats not coming up seems to have resolved itself, had to manually add a few pins and eventually they showed up.

When I launch an address from contacts, it opens maps to my current location. Shouldn't it launch to the address attached to that particular contact?
    04-20-13 09:50 PM
    I'm doing it on a windows computer, just doesn't seem to recognize my z10.

I open the dos window and wait, then plug it in and it just sits there blinking.
    I've tried with the z10 off and on, restarted both. Sadly ill probably have to just wait.
    1. Shut off link
    2. Turn off Z10
    3. Run autoloader
    4. At "connecting to bootrom" plug in Z10 than turn it on
    5. It should boot and you should see the autoloader say "restarting device"
    6. It'll do its thing

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG, vespesian and BerryWizard like this.
    04-20-13 09:50 PM
1,832 ... 1516171819 ...