02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 678910 ...
tools
    I've tried downloading twice now and both times it stalls at 67%.

There is a mirror posted around page 4 of this thread.
    05-01-13 04:22 PM
    Link worked with Google Chrome. Just freeze the desktop...
    05-01-13 04:24 PM
    You need to use Chrome.
    Trying with Chrome now. Why does the browser make a difference??
    05-01-13 04:25 PM
    Can anyone post a screen shot of the about-general page and about-OS pages?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:27 PM
    Trying with Chrome now. Why does the browser make a difference??
    It shouldn't, but Mega doesn't seem to want to work properly with any other browser. With IE and Firefox the dl would typically just hang part way through, or it might actually make it to 100% but it wouldn't finish off and you couldn't find the file.

Honestly, easier to just go with Chrome. It works.
    goku_vegeta likes this.
    ...wait, before I install this. Do apps have to at least support 10.1.* in order to work with this OS?
    Just for all the people who mention chrome: Use SRWare Iron -> That is Chrome without the google stuff if I am not mistaken.
    Works perfectly fine . (Firefox worked on the Mega Skype download link for me, but that was a small file)
    05-01-13 04:29 PM
    ...you won't lose your BBM Pin number, that is assigned to the actual device. As for your BBM, you'll get your Contacts back once you have logged back into the device after the OS upgrade.

hi guys i am new at this will i lose my BBM contact and my pin number will changed?
    05-01-13 04:30 PM
    ...wait, before I install this. Do apps have to at least support 10.1.* in order to work with this OS?
    You'll be fine Navi
    anon(153966) likes this.
    05-01-13 04:30 PM
    If this got leaked to the public, why aren't the carriers pushing the updates to us then? Why the wait? Also can anyone tell me the software release version for this?
    05-01-13 04:31 PM
    this leak fixed my facebook app!
    05-01-13 04:34 PM
    If this got leaked to the public, why aren't the carriers pushing the updates to us then? Why the wait? Also can anyone tell me the software release version for this?
    I suspect because somewhere carriers do not really care. Plus, leaks can have bugs that the carrier OS might not have any more if it is a later version.
    05-01-13 04:34 PM
    Can anyone confirm if Say It works with this leak or is it an issue with 10.1 generally that needs to be fixed in Say It?

On 1483 that is the only app I am having any real problems with other than a few minor issues with a couple of other minimized apps. Wallpaper Changer HD messes up the battery remaining status in the live tile frequently, but the rest of the app's functions work fine on 1483.

Posted via CB10
    Not working for me...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:35 PM
    Balance Q -

I'm using BLANCE and because of that my partition is seperated.

Must i first delete my account from work (deleting my account, so deleting Balance) before I install OS 10.1.x.x or can I just execute and connect my phone (i allready have everything on my SD card)
    05-01-13 04:37 PM
    Software Release
    STL100-3
    05-01-13 04:38 PM
    Balance Q -

I'm using BLANCE and because of that my partition is seperated.

Must i first delete my account from work (deleting my account, so deleting Balance) before I install OS 10.1.x.x or can I just execute and connect my phone (i allready have everything on my SD card)
    You should be able to just straight install because it wipes the OS image and re loads a new one

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:44 PM
    I personally have never done a security wipe on any of the leaks I've installed, nor have i restored any back ups, have never run into issues at all. I find during the resync time I can run through the phone and reset all my settings than do a reboot and bam my phone is in beast mode once again.

Move what ever you can to a media card, make sure contacts are on a cloud based storage.
    OK--so I'm trying to understand exactly what you do and don't do.

No security wipe--that's clear.

Do you restore the media that's left on the device?

Do you restore the apps? If not, do you just restore them through BB World, and then side load the Android apps, which you have to do anyway?

It sounds as though you never restore the Settings. The contacts can be backed up externally by Contact-X or on the SIM card, and my calendar is synced with Google (so are my contacts, for that matter), but it seems you would lose all your bookmarks in the Browser.
    05-01-13 04:44 PM
    Still no search in pictures folder but whatsapp is integrated into the hub separate
    05-01-13 04:46 PM
    Installed and restored backup without issues. The usual exchange active synch issue of it not wanting to add back in right away... guess it is the local it department...

I need to let it settle in over night and do its OS thing while I sleep.... oh, and I need to remember to side load skype...

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:50 PM
    I personally can't stand the "Just use Chrome" responses. I've downloaded three large files from Mega using IE8 with no issues. I also installed the Firefox Mega plugin (though I'm using Waterfox) and I had zero issues with getting this latest leak. I don't want Chrome, and I would rather not have IE either...but either way there is no valid reason to have a browser choice dictated whatsoever.
    Carterbits likes this.
    05-01-13 04:58 PM
    Download stopped at 50-67%. Another link or suggestions?
    I've tried downloading twice now and both times it stalls at 67%.
    I personally can't stand the "Just use Chrome" responses. I've downloaded three large files from Mega using IE8 with no issues. I also installed the Firefox Mega plugin (though I'm using Waterfox) and I had zero issues with getting this latest leak. I don't want Chrome, and I would rather not have IE either...but either way there is no valid reason to have a browser choice dictated whatsoever.
    There are mirrors posted around page 4
    05-01-13 04:59 PM
    Contacts are still somewhat problematic.

I restored from a backup and had some duplicates. Not as many as I've had on previous times though. Had to delete the duplicates and relink some. Also, can't seem to get skype contacts to sync? I send them to contacts but they refuse to show up...

Still waiting for a bunch of contact pictures to sync. Assuming they'll come eventually. Anyone know how to force a sync?

Edit: skype contacts coming through now.

PS: Didn't have to do the "login with facebook" and reset password for Instagram. It just logged itself in as normal.
    05-01-13 05:00 PM
    There are mirrors posted around page 4
    Yep, I saw those, and I extend tremendous appreciation to the folks who post mirrors. I just get miffed when I read the ham-fisted suggestion of using a totally different browser just to get one file. I mean....DUH.
    05-01-13 05:03 PM
    Just found something, don't know if it's been there before since I usually BBM from hub, but if your in the BBM app and in a conversation and someone else BBM's you, it pops in at the top of the screen with a quick link to that chat
    Was definitely present in the previous leak, pretty sure it was present in the official OS as well.

I have happily restored on the previous ones without restore related issues.
    (I.e. reboot time vanishes anyway, payment options return when you buy something else they have an issue anyway...)=
    I restore as well.. no issues. To each their own.

Skype already had its own pane with the .1483 version
    Not for me...
    05-01-13 05:04 PM
    Yep, I saw those, and I extend tremendous appreciation to the folks who post mirrors. I just get miffed when I read the ham-fisted suggestion of using a totally different browser just to get one file. I mean....DUH.
    Gotcha.
    05-01-13 05:14 PM
1,244 ... 678910 ...