02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 56789 ...
tools
    1. Yes, it does, a screenshot has been posted on this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...97/index2.html

2. Not sure yet, don't think so.
    Thanks muchly. Wasn't aware of the separate thread, so glad to see that is the case.

And at least now we know that it's possible, I have a hope that we'll also see it for Skype in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:53 PM
    Anyone using Link 1.1 and upgrading from a 10.1 leak to this 10.1 leak had their bookmarks they've added to their home screen backup and restore properly? Or is this still broken and they all disappear?
    I used Link 1.1 and restored from the .1423 leak and everything was back for the most part, including my bookmarks. Minor issues were reinserting my passwords for my email accounts since there was an error when restoring from my backup. And for gmail I had to delete and re-add the account to view the option for changing sync days, it was at 7 days. Hope this helps

P.S. Just realized that I can't edit payment options, oh well...
    05-01-13 03:55 PM
    Cool to see. I'm having a blast with .1483, though, and I'm not seeing anything I absolutely NEED. Sitting this one out, I think...

Nice work though! Always good to have choices.
    -90 day email retrieval
    -whatsapp integration

2 major steps mate
    05-01-13 03:56 PM
    Wow, Blackberry Link is absolute garbage.... It is painful to use, when it actually works.
    Open Task Manager, in windows, shutdown everything BB related, restart Link. Your device will be recognized again. Sucks that you have to do it this way, but it beats reinstalling the Link program everytime. Hmmm...wonder if internally they really call it Blink, because it only works when you blink.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    Did you guys notice that if you have a password set up on your device you don't see the nice swipe up effect to enter the password? It just shows you the section to enter your password when you swipe up from the lower bezel... Anyone else?
    Thanks man! I was beginning to think I was the ONLY Mac user on the boards. What's more shocking is that BlackBerry does have a LOT of Mac users - and I don't mean users at home but users that use Mac's owned by BlackBerry to work on and its not specific to creation or support of their Mac apps either. Mike Kirkup - the previous BBDev evangelist lead - was famous for using his MacBook Pro.

I've tried using UnRar, which doesn't recognize .exe files, Finder (show packages doesn't show up), and also The Unarchiver app which is SUPPOSED to view and traverse and extract data from an .exe/msi files but doesn't (no updates for this app, and fear it doesn't fully work as it should on OSX ML).

HELL NO!

If you read my post, or quoted post from Michael Parasdas, before you began to post you see that I mentioned the time it takes to install a VM, then the OS, its actually longer using BootCamp because you're repartitioning the OSX volume. I'm NEVER EVER going to use BootCamp on my main Mac (I don't have a second yet ... well I do but its PPC and predates BootCamp which is Intel cpu only). BootCamp exposes your OSX volumes, files, and data to any virii or trojans that could be present or run rampant on Windows workspace - the VM isolates them completely separately. Plus I prefer to have covalence and coherence at my will when I choose OSX or Windows, or back to OS X again; I prefer not to reboot to do that each and every time.

BootCamp is only good for Gamers since the video processing of the Intel HD4000 is maximized (Mac Mini here) or the video card and not emulated on a VM install of Windows.

And please stop spreading bull about me choosing a platform that RIM doesn't support well - the SAME level of support for OS X is given by BlackBerry as it does on Windows!! Read your facts please! If it wasn't supported then that would be my fault, but it is. The person or group providing the leak is the limitation for OSX not BlackBerry - hence why the OS for BB10 here is called a LEAK! I've only asked if the next update will be available for OSX users, even if I have to run scripts in terminal (Unix/shell based). I've used Windows workstations over a decade more than I did using OSX and I support windows workstations wherever I've worked so I have no hate for windows, I just choose it not to be my home/personal workstation of choice. Again I support windows, I have enough stress I don't want that frame of mind while on my personal workstation savvy?
    Well since you decided to throw the "know your facts" line in there I feel I have to respond now.

Please explain to me exactly how Windows XP/7 can natively access a HFS+ file system (read/write) with out you installing 3rd party software to make it possible. Spoke with a friend of mine who has a Mac and he says Apple includes a HSF+ driver which lets you access your Mac Partition from Windows. You should still seriously reconsider what you're planning on using the Boot Camped Windows OS for if you're that concerned about viruses and malware. They don't get infected by themselves (with some exceptions that have mostly if not completely been mitigated by the Windows Firewall being on by default) and typically the user has to do something to get them infected. Windows viruses and malware don't typically (as in 99% of the time) work on Mac OS. I imagine if you are truly concerned you can just disable the HFS+ driver and now there is no more access to your Mac Partition.

Boot Camp would be specifically used for the purpose of updating your Blackberry. I just made the assumption that if you owned a Mac you didn't want to do anything in Windows unless you had to and you appear to have backed that assumption up. Reboot, load OS on phone, reboot. That's not a whole lot of effort to be able to try out these leaked OS'.

Installing a VM takes about 20 minutes of one time effort and then you just leave it kicking around for future OS leaks and updates you want to install. Heck if you're using Windows XP throw it on a 8GB thumb drive and you don't even have to use your local disk. I've got two Mac OS VM's sitting on my work PC for testing purposes. They took me 30 minutes of effort to get working and I might only fire them up once every few months. This is solution 1.

Boot Camp might take longer (I don't know because I don't have a Mac and have never setup a Boot Camp) but again it's a one time effort and costs you the same amount of disk space as a VM. This is solution 2.

Also the point of my post(s) were to offer a solution to a problem Mac users are having loading leaked OS' on their Blackberrys. Considering the amount of posts that show up in these threads asking for instructions on how to install a leaked OS where the OP has instructions in it I figured there was a good chance some Mac users may not be aware of their options. Virtual Machines aren't exactly something the average user knows about. Same goes for Boot Camp unless someone set it up for them at the store. I wasn't responding to you specifically as you clearly aren't looking for a solution or workaround. I'm guessing you just wanted to jump on me for "insulting" your platform of choice. Perhaps my wording was poor.

If I recall there were never any leaked OS's for BB7 that were usable on a Mac (or very very few). The leaks almost certainly have to be coming from RIM (possibly leaked by a carriers testing team/employee but I doubt it considering the volume of leaks that have recently occurred). This leads me to believe, based on the facts presented and what has historically occured, RIM probably provides what we consider "leaked OS" to specific tests with the requirement they are using Windows to load the development OS on their phone. All official releases come OTA which is platform agnostic.

Asking the OP for a Mac version of a leaked OS seems pretty pointless when in all likely hood they are just "borrowing" a copy from work and throwing it up on the internet. RIM doesn't seem to care enough to watermark these OS updates and pursue leakers but I doubt anyone leaking them is in a position to ask RIM for a Mac version with out getting in trouble. I suspect RIM gathers some very valuable information from these public betas.
    Motherboard2010 likes this.
    05-01-13 03:59 PM
    -90 day email retrieval
    -whatsapp integration

2 major steps mate
    Don't use WhatsApp (yet) and 90-day gmail retrieval isn't crucial. I can wait. I AM very glad to be running .1483, though. I have no problem recommending this leak for someone who's still on 10.0.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    05-01-13 04:02 PM
    hi guys i am new at this will i lose my BBM contact and my pin number will changed?
    Nope. Your BBM contact list is synced to your BBID and your PIN is unique and locked per device.
    05-01-13 04:05 PM
    Great to see that WhatsApp finally has its own icon.

2 questions though...

1. Does it have its own icon on the lock screen now instead of the bell? If so, a screenshot would be great. This will answer one of my biggest annoyances.

2. What's the situation with Skype? Is it the same as WhatsApp with its own pane now?

Posted via CB10
    Skype already had its own pane with the .1483 version
    I used Link 1.1 and restored from the .1423 leak and everything was back for the most part, including my bookmarks. Minor issues were reinserting my passwords for my email accounts since there was an error when restoring from my backup. And for gmail I had to delete and re-add the account to view the option for changing sync days, it was at 7 days. Hope this helps

P.S. Just realized that I can't edit payment options, oh well...
    Do you mean Bookmarks in your browser? or webpages you'd chosen to 'Save to Home Screen'?
    Dows anyone know if i install this leaked version, can I update to the newest version when the new update comes out? Or I need to install the newest leak? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    same question, someone know the answer please tell.
    yes you can
    kaizvn likes this.
    05-01-13 04:07 PM
    So far everyone has been saying 'Yes' but it hasn't happened yet (that a newer version then a leak has been released)
    kaizvn likes this.
    Same here.
    Last leak gave me two of my biggest shortcomings- customizable mailbox tones/ vibrate, faster/ smoother, and all the small enhancements. If Whatsapp and 90 day email are the 2 biggest enhancements, it's a pain in the arse to re-synce everything again, reinstall side port apps, fix my mailboxes again, and re-initialize a dozen_plus apps. I'll sit this one out, too. Maybe the next one will be the "real" one.
    Where do you set the 90 day retrieval.
    05-01-13 04:08 PM
    No skype in hub

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 04:09 PM
    Where do you set the 90 day retrieval.
    You have to delete your email account and reinitialize it in the Accounts app. It only shows up when you're setting it up initially in Advanced settings.
    05-01-13 04:09 PM
    No need to install the newest leak, you can directly update when the update comes
    kaizvn likes this.
    05-01-13 04:10 PM
    You have to delete your email account and reinitialize it in the Accounts app. It only shows up when you're setting it up initially in Advanced settings.
    I don't think that's entirely true - can't you get to the screen via Hub - Settings - Email Accounts - [choose your email] - Edit Account - Advanced - Sync Timeframe (at the very bottom)?
    05-01-13 04:13 PM
    Great to see that WhatsApp finally has its own icon.

2 questions though...

1. Does it have its own icon on the lock screen now instead of the bell? If so, a screenshot would be great. This will answer one of my biggest annoyances.

2. What's the situation with Skype? Is it the same as WhatsApp with its own pane now?

Posted via CB10
    1. Yes, it does, a screenshot has been posted on this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...97/index2.html

2. Not sure yet, don't think so.
    No seperate icon for skype, but this is more than likely because we are side loading the application
    05-01-13 04:14 PM
    Nope. Your BBM contact list is synced to your BBID and your PIN is unique and locked per device.
    thx
    05-01-13 04:16 PM
    I've tried downloading twice now and both times it stalls at 67%.
    05-01-13 04:17 PM
    Download stopped at 50-67%. Another link or suggestions?
    05-01-13 04:18 PM
    I've tried downloading twice now and both times it stalls at 67%.
    You need to use Chrome.
    05-01-13 04:19 PM
    Allready installed 10.1.0.1483. I'm very satisfied so far with the improvements. Thank you so much for the leaks.

Question: when an official OS update comes, does it also need to restore mail account informations as the leaks requires?
    05-01-13 04:20 PM
1,244 ... 56789 ...