02-27-14 07:23 AM
1,244 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Is this one safe to restore after installing?
    I have happily restored on the previous ones without restore related issues.
    (I.e. reboot time vanishes anyway, payment options return when you buy something else they have an issue anyway...)=
    just_luc likes this.
    05-01-13 03:20 PM
    Because Mac is owned by Apple?
    Because this is not a BlackBerry production release. Don't want to put Windblows on your pretty device? Get a cheap netbook and just enjoy.
    I am a long time Apple user but sometimes....
    Mecca EL and Titti Potesta like this.
    05-01-13 03:22 PM
    Is this one safe to restore after installing?
    No idea, I don't do restores

Do you have any ideas why these leaks have that issue? A hybrid OK, something got messed up, but a leak?
    I'm assuming something to do with blackberry signing that release

does this wipe all the data?
    Yes it wipes all data
    05-01-13 03:22 PM
    Anyone using Link 1.1 and upgrading from a 10.1 leak to this 10.1 leak had their bookmarks they've added to their home screen backup and restore properly? Or is this still broken and they all disappear?
    05-01-13 03:23 PM
    Thanks lbfe!

Sent from my Z10 using Tapatalk 2
    05-01-13 03:25 PM
    I feel you on this...See? nobody even replied to your comment, or did someone already... Why the **** they dont consider us Mac users? #@%$

P.S

I dont wanna put Windows on my Mac's
    Thanks man! I was beginning to think I was the ONLY Mac user on the boards. What's more shocking is that BlackBerry does have a LOT of Mac users - and I don't mean users at home but users that use Mac's owned by BlackBerry to work on and its not specific to creation or support of their Mac apps either. Mike Kirkup - the previous BBDev evangelist lead - was famous for using his MacBook Pro.

I've tried using UnRar, which doesn't recognize .exe files, Finder (show packages doesn't show up), and also The Unarchiver app which is SUPPOSED to view and traverse and extract data from an .exe/msi files but doesn't (no updates for this app, and fear it doesn't fully work as it should on OSX ML).

You guys could just bootcamp it. Throw Windows XP on a 6GB partition and then you won't use up too much disk space.

You did make a conscious decision to buy a platform that RIM hasn't traditionally supported very well. It's like Windows users pointing how how terrible iTunes is to manage their iOS devices. I've heard iTunes is really good on Mac OS.

This is all also a bit off topic
    HELL NO!

If you read my post, or quoted post from Michael Parasdas, before you began to post you see that I mentioned the time it takes to install a VM, then the OS, its actually longer using BootCamp because you're repartitioning the OSX volume. I'm NEVER EVER going to use BootCamp on my main Mac (I don't have a second yet ... well I do but its PPC and predates BootCamp which is Intel cpu only). BootCamp exposes your OSX volumes, files, and data to any virii or trojans that could be present or run rampant on Windows workspace - the VM isolates them completely separately. Plus I prefer to have covalence and coherence at my will when I choose OSX or Windows, or back to OS X again; I prefer not to reboot to do that each and every time.

BootCamp is only good for Gamers since the video processing of the Intel HD4000 is maximized (Mac Mini here) or the video card and not emulated on a VM install of Windows.

And please stop spreading bull about me choosing a platform that RIM doesn't support well - the SAME level of support for OS X is given by BlackBerry as it does on Windows!! Read your facts please! If it wasn't supported then that would be my fault, but it is. The person or group providing the leak is the limitation for OSX not BlackBerry - hence why the OS for BB10 here is called a LEAK! I've only asked if the next update will be available for OSX users, even if I have to run scripts in terminal (Unix/shell based). I've used Windows workstations over a decade more than I did using OSX and I support windows workstations wherever I've worked so I have no hate for windows, I just choose it not to be my home/personal workstation of choice. Again I support windows, I have enough stress I don't want that frame of mind while on my personal workstation savvy?

Unless BBRY gets around to porting their loader tools to Mac, then OS releases are Windows only. Either wait for the official OTA or run Windows in a virtual machine, if you don't want to run Boot Camp.
    Hmm. You mean the same loader that allows for the .bbb backup extention to restore files to PlayBook or Z10 on BB Link for Mac? Or you mean the same tools that allow BBLink to download and re-install and OS using BBLink for my Mac?
    Last edited by Supa_Fly1; 05-01-13 at 03:40 PM. Reason: 1 last quote for this thread.
    akavbb, jke76 and jke76 like this.
    05-01-13 03:25 PM
    I'm assuming something to do with blackberry signing that release
    Hmm...
    05-01-13 03:26 PM
    Is this specifically optimised for the Z10 or is it a repacked Q10 release?
    05-01-13 03:26 PM
    Can anyone confirm if Say It works with this leak or is it an issue with 10.1 generally that needs to be fixed in Say It?

On 1483 that is the only app I am having any real problems with other than a few minor issues with a couple of other minimized apps. Wallpaper Changer HD messes up the battery remaining status in the live tile frequently, but the rest of the app's functions work fine on 1483.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:27 PM
    The autoloader is a command line tool in DOS, it would take a lot of work to recode it for macs
    Thank you for at least taking the time to explain that. I'm curious if XCode could translate it with simplicity or if codes in terminal ... nevermind I have a feeling this is the difficulty you're talking about.
    05-01-13 03:27 PM
    Dows anyone know if i install this leaked version, can I update to the newest version when the new update comes out? Or I need to install the newest leak? Thanks

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:31 PM
    [QUOTE=mystic84;8409436]90 days? Wasnt it meant to be forever?
    [QUOTE]

Forever is for BES and activesync only. Gmail does not use the standard Exchange Activesync protocol, however 90 days is better than the original 30 days. If you MUST have the ability to have forever for gmail you will have to pay for a gmail apps account that will use the activesync protocol.
    05-01-13 03:32 PM
    What are the Hex values for the CoreOS? 0x643648 to ?
    05-01-13 03:33 PM
    Smooth as butter! Love it
    05-01-13 03:34 PM
    Can anyone tell me how these leaks can potentially harm your phone?
    I am so tempted to download and install the leak but I'm worries to mess up the phone. I am curious what the effects possibly can be

Posted via CB10
    Harrison Hoolahan likes this.
    05-01-13 03:34 PM
    Can anyone tell me how these leaks can potentially harm your phone?
    I am so tempted to download and install the leak but I'm worries to mess up the phone. I am curious what the effects possibly can be

Posted via CB10
    It should not, then again, nobody can guarantee that it will not go wrong.
    In the same way that an official update can go wrong, a leak can go wrong.
    05-01-13 03:38 PM
    Great to see that WhatsApp finally has its own icon.

2 questions though...

1. Does it have its own icon on the lock screen now instead of the bell? If so, a screenshot would be great. This will answer one of my biggest annoyances.

2. What's the situation with Skype? Is it the same as WhatsApp with its own pane now?

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:40 PM
    Omg! I installed .1609 just this afternoon.

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:41 PM
    someone ping me when BB finally updates to where I can apply a custom tone to contacts when they text me...

...and supports .mid ringtones as well
    05-01-13 03:42 PM

PS: Music Playlists are on the device storage, while the songs, albums, portraits are on the media card. However even after a restore from a backup that does NOT have media enabled for backup, the restore breaks the link. Doing a sync brings back your playlists, however it actually duplicates all your tracks from the sync with the ones still on the media card. Fear not your playlists remain normal but dig through "Music" on the MediaCard you'll find you have duplicates, in my case original OS, and 2 updates I had 3. Oddly enough pictures didn't exhibit this issue.

Cheers.
    Copy your play lists folder from the device memory to se card music folder, issue solved

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:43 PM
    someone ping me when BB finally updates to where I can apply a custom tone to contacts when they text me...

...and supports .mid ringtones as well
    They're supported, just not in this build

Posted via CB10
    05-01-13 03:43 PM
    Can anyone send me a link on how to load this onto the device? Much appreciated
    1-Click the link posted up in the beginning of the thread.
    2-You'll be directed to the mega.co.nz website check the box and then click download
    3-Once download completes, unzip the file which shoul have an .exe extension
    4-Backup you Z10 through BlackBerry link, then close BBlink and disconnect your device
    5-double click the .exe file and you will have a command prompt window open up.
    6-Connect your Z10 to the PC and the software upgrade should start automaticall
    05-01-13 03:44 PM
    Great to see that WhatsApp finally has its own icon.

2 questions though...

1. Does it have its own icon on the lock screen now instead of the bell? If so, a screenshot would be great. This will answer one of my biggest annoyances.

2. What's the situation with Skype? Is it the same as WhatsApp with its own pane now?

Posted via CB10
    1. Yes, it does, a screenshot has been posted on this thread http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...97/index2.html

2. Not sure yet, don't think so.
    rflan7 likes this.
    05-01-13 03:47 PM
    Minor annoyance: when typing a text/message, when i hit ?123 to type a number, after I hit the first digit the keyboard reverts to alpha. Have to hit ?123 again to continue typing the number.
    00stryder likes this.
    05-01-13 03:47 PM
    hi guys i am new at this will i lose my BBM contact and my pin number will changed?
    05-01-13 03:50 PM
1,244 ... 45678 ...